Power Builder Install problem

The application works in the development environment but does not work in
the executable built by install.

Is there a good way to trouble shoot this problem?
The messages did not help us to debug and clock is ticking.
0
HP

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997 20:47:21 -0500, "HP Authorized Customer"
<calabro@msn.com> wrote:

>The application works in the development environment but does not work in
>the executable built by install.
>
>Is there a good way to trouble shoot this problem?
>The messages did not help us to debug and clock is ticking.

What exactly is broken.  Some additional details are needed, such as
O/S, 16-bit or 32-bit deployment, does the app load at all, can you
connect to the database, etc...

Regards,

steve [TeamPS]
0
katz_s

Install Builder Problem
I am still using PB4 in developing my applications. I package my application using the Install Disk Builder for easy transport. But since I upgraded from Win 3.11 to Win 95 I have been experiencing errors like: 'RETURN CODE IS 5 (ERROR SETTING DESTINATION FILE DATE/TIME))' or 'COMPRESS (UNABLE TO OPEN SOURCEFILE....)' and the process does not completely finish and just stays on the screen doing nothing. Most of the time this occurs during the compression of the PBDs. I would appreciate any help out there.... Thank you D. Ramos In article <346D0669.5214@TTUH...

General Install Problem
Hi There ! Today I donwloaded the suse-linux 11.0 version a tired to install it. The problem occurs when the installer try to starting upp. It seems it cannot recognize my asus dvdrw drive and its asking for the setup-source files. This blue screen coming in and asking for the setup files path. Its okay, I can copy the files to the hard-drive then show the path, but after then it load some file from the source, an error occurs, and the installer again asking for the source files. How can I install suse-linux from my hard drive if I cant install it from my dvd. Thanks for the answe...

Problem installing PowerBuilder
Hi I installed powerbuilder 9 in a windows XP machine and then the 7236 patch. I noticed that the icons showed in the new painter are not properly showed or are not the icons commonly displayed. Then I created a new workspace and application target, but when I try to create a project target is telling me that an add-on software was not installed. Is there something in windows xp that is messing with the powerbuilder installation?. I guess this has happened to other people because I just installed powerbuilder normally. Thank you My first thought is that 7236 is an update to P...

Install builder problem!
When I use Install Builder, nearly 50% the result was not correct. Setup disks contain the file(or these files). But after setup, the file (or these files) was not installed. Mason mei.shan@bj.col.co.cn meishan wrote: > > When I use Install Builder, nearly 50% the result was not correct. > Setup disks contain the file(or these files). But after setup, the > file (or these files) was not installed. > > Mason > mei.shan@bj.col.co.cn I struggled with InstallBuilder for two years. Finally gave up and bought a copy of the Wise installation program. Would ha...

Install Builder Problem
Hi, I'm using PB5 with Install builder 5.0. I used Install Builder to create the installation disk, every thing is fine. When I install my program into a PC with no PB installation. I still need to modify the autoexec.bat file to run my program (e.g. Add path c:\pwrs\sys32\...) My question is can I modify the autoexec.bat file automatically by using Install builder? How can I do it ? Or, any other way to do it? Hi stanley, Are you doing a 32 bit installation or a 16 bit installation? In the case of 32 bit, you actually need to make registry entries rather than update th...

Install Builder Problem
hello, I use PB 5.0.04. I make my application diskettes for Windows 3.11 platform. I've got 6 components. Generation comes OK. But when i install application with this diskettes some files are not copied ??? Thanks in advance. ...

Install Builder problems
I need some urgent help: 1. The reusable components specified a file called pbreg.reg, but this file is nowhere in my drive so much so that Install Builder stops compress action. Is this file needed? Is it safe to delete this from the reusable components in Install Builder? 2. After saving my configuration in Install Builder, then closing Install Builder, I again run Install Builder and open the .CFG file, but all of my settings are lost (e.g. no reusable components, no files, no registry settings). I have PB Enterprise 5.0.03 installed on Windows95B. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED...

Problem with install builder
Problem encountered while generating installable diskette images using install builder : When compressing the files, the following error occurs : c:\pwrs\sys\pbreg.reg no longer exists as specified. Cannot continue compress To overcome this problem, I removed the file pbreg.reg file from the files list for the component 'PowerBuilder Runtime (16-Bit)'. After this, compress operation could be completed. But when I run the setup program generated by install builder to install the application the operation is aborted when the fifth installable d...

Why to upgrade Power Builder 8 from Power Builder 7
Hello All, I work for a client in New York city. All of our current applictions are written in Powerbuilder and Sybase environment. Recently we migrated our Financial application into Oracle. Now our management wants to re-write all other applications into Oracle forms with Oracle database. It will take from one year to two years. Right now we are in Powerbuilder 7.0 which is stable environment and our management is thinking to upgrade from PB 7 to powerbuilder 8 Is there any Pros and Cons on the upgrade please let me know. Thank you in advance, Chandrika. ---== Poste...

Power Builder year2000 problems?
Does anyone know of -any- year2000 problems associated with Power Builder? You're late! Start by searching the archives for Y2K postings in these newsgroups at http://www.dejanews.com Matthew Vincent wrote: > > Does anyone know of -any- year2000 problems associated with Power Builder? ...

Installation of Power Builder Professional
I am trying to install Power Builder Professional edition and utilize the Oracle database interface. Not ODBC. To connect to my database. I go through the setup and am never given the chance to select any Oracle database interface. Does the Professional edition support these interfaces? Gerry Grant Texas Tech University (gerry.grant@ttu.edu) You need PB Enterprise to use the native drivers. With PB Professional you can only use ODBC drivers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn G...

Install Builder problems #2
I have developed an application in my PC with the following platform: windows NT workstation 4.0 PowerBuilder 5.0 Enterprise I can run the application(.EXE) in my PC when I exit the PB development enviroment. Now I want to run the application(.EXE) in another PC(windows 95 without the PB development enviroment) I just don't know how to do it. The Install Builder of PB looks a little difficult to understand. Could anyone give me some advices? Thank you very much. I Have not mailBox. Please post your solution to the NewsGroup. ...

Installation of Power Builder Professional
I am trying to install Power Builder Professional edition and utilize the Oracle database interface. Not ODBC. To connect to my database. I go through the setup and am never given the chance to select any Oracle database interface. Does the Professional edition support these interfaces? Gerry Grant Texas Tech University (gerry.grant@ttu.edu) You need PB Enterprise to use the native drivers. With PB Professional you can only use ODBC drivers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn G...

Power Builder year2000 problems?
Does anyone know of -any- year2000 problems associated with Power Builder? PB is 2yk compliant from version ( I think ) 4.0 above. rafi PS.: don't mess up the news group posting the same question to 10 of them please. There is enough spam around we've to fight through already. Especially Powersoft groups are very active and one post is normally enough to start a huge conversation :-) -- ( remove .nospam from the emil address before reply ) Matthew Vincent wrote in message <6khj7v$3am@news.or.intel.com>... >Does anyone know of -any- year2000 problems associate...

Web resources about - Power Builder Install problem - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Interface Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article includes a list of references , related reading or external links , but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations ...

Facebook Page Builder ShortStack Keeps Growing
Facebook page builder ShortStack is becoming more popular. The company announced Wednesday that it grew by more than 100,000 customers in 2012 ...

Super Texas Holdem Poker, Temple Ruin, Tab Builder, Via.Me, more on this week’s emerging Facebook apps ...
... Ruin 659,404 +299,404 + 83% 3. 我的傳奇 780,000 +270,000 + 53% 4. Oroscopo del Giorno v2.0 580,000 +180,000 + 45% 5. Tab Builder: ...

Maxine Builder (@maxine_builder) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Maxine Builder @ maxine_builder ...

Business Builders Community
Business Builders is a group for professionals who are business and entrepreneur minded who understand the power and value of networking to grow ...

Pocket Yoga - Practice Builder for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Pocket Yoga - Practice Builder on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Big farewell for Canberra biker, builder and friend
The roar of engines escorted Gregory McFawn to his final resting place on Monday, a fitting farewell to a man with two great loves: his family ...

Our builders clean up at national awards
WA builders took out seven awards at the Master Builders awards on the Gold Coast, scooping the top prizes for their diverse range of skills ...

WA builders clean up at national Master Builders awards - PerthNow Search Search
WA builders took out seven awards at the Master Builders awards on the Gold Coast, scooping the top prizes for their diverse range of skills ...

Builders of Sydney's new metro line need to straighten out curved platforms
How to straighten curved platforms is one of many challenges confronting builders of Australia's largest public transport project.