PB9 crashes when trying to insert OLE object.

I open up a window and go to Insert - Control - OLE and
click the 'Insert Control' tab (tab #3) and i crash out of
PB every time.  I can find a lot of info telling me its
caused by an ActiveX control having registration problems.
My problem is i can't seem to find what dll it is, or how to
fix it?!?!  I've run the Process Monitor but still cannot
narrow it down!  PLEASE HELP, RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS!
0
JeffM

I found a solution... had to unregister the 3 files
mentioned here:

http://www.lmpx.com/nav/article.php/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex/14468/read/index.html
0
Jeff

Trying to Create an OLE Object in PB9
I have tried to insert an OLE object on a window but PB crashes. I open the window, click insert/control/OLE.. . When I click the "Insert Control" tab PB crashes. Any ideas? Do I need to re-install? Is there a registry setting I need to modify? http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=257 "g duvall" <gduvall_at_rejis_dot_org> wrote in message news:483ef33d$1@forums-1-dub... >I have tried to insert an OLE object on a window but PB crashes. I open >the window, click insert/control/OLE.. . When I click the "Insert Control" >tab PB c...

Out of Memory When Trying to Insert OLE Object
I'm trying to insert an OLE Object. When I click the "Insert Control" tab, I immediately get an "Out of Memory" error. I never get a chance to select an object. I am using PB8.0 Build 6028 on Windows 2000 Pro. I also have the same problem with PB7.0.3 Build 10077. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I desperately need to use an OLE Control. Thanks, Larry I had the same problem and had to reinstall Windows. Most likely registry file is damaged. Maciek. Larry Stevens wrote: >I'm trying to insert an OLE Object. When I click the "...

Crash When Trying to Insert an OLE Control
I'm trying to insert an OLE control. When I click the "Insert Control" tab on the Insert Object dialog box, I immediately get a message box that reads "Out of Memory". When I click Cancel on that message box, I get "Insufficient memeory to continue" and Powerbuilder crashes. Note that the ocx I'm trying to select is not too big, I never get a chance to select the ocx. I using Powerbulder version 7.0.3 build 10077 and running Windows 2000 Professional. Please help. Thanks, Larry Stevens I have the same problem and same config. i.e....

Out of Memory When Trying to Insert an OLE Object
I'm trying to insert an OLE control object, and when I click the Insert Control tab, I get 2 errors. First error says "Out of Memory" with Retry and Cancel button. When I click Retry, the message repeats. When I click Cancel, I get the second error that says "Insufficient memory to continue". Clicking OK on this error closes PowerBuilder. I am using PB 7.0.3 build 10077 on Windows 2000. It's not a problem with the size of the OLE or OCX, I'm not able to select the desired control. The "Out of Memory" error occurs the instant I click the...

I am with a problem when trying to insert an object OLE in a window.
I am with a problem when trying to insert an object OLE in a window. OCX is the " mscomm32.ocx " and when I place the object in the window the following mistake message she appears: " Insert OLE control failed. License file required ". If somebody can help me, I thank. Rodrigo Santolin Frisso frisso@tropical.com.br Tel. : 55-027-325-9784 ICQ : 11586095 It looks like the error message is totally correct (for once!). Regards, Reed Shilts PowerBuilder Kernel Group ***Nothing I Say Is Official*** Rodrigo Santolin Frisso wrote: > I am with ...

PB9 Crash when trying to create a new object.
I just upgraded to PB9 and applied the 9.0.2 EBF. I created a new work space and now I'm trying to create objects for the application. I'm trying to create an Application object but PB9 crashes. Can anyone shed some light on what might cause this? PB 9.0.2 Build 7554 Windows XP Jim Smith EMail: jrsmith AT duglight DOT com The usual first suspect in a case like this is conflicting PB DLL versions. Process Explorer from SysInternals can help identify this. This is described in more detail at the Troubleshooting Guide mentioned below. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase...

PB 6.0 Crashing when trying to insert an OLE Control
Has anyone ever had any experience with PB 6.0 crashing while trying to insert an OLE control onto a window/datawindow? I am simply creating a window and selecting OLE object type to place on the window. When the OLE dialog comes up ( 3 tabs: Create New, Create From File, Insert Control ), I select insert control. Whenever I do this, on multiple machines, PB crashes!! Any Ideas? Jim Leary jleary@pwrpros.com same picture here.... On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:45:11 -0400, "jleary@pwrpros.com" <jimleary@mindspring.com> wrote: > >Has anyone ever...

PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control
Hi everybody, I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000, OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've created an OCX using VisualBasic. We had previously inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any problems. In fact, the app is working with the client normally. Time passed by... and now, we can't do it. When we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object window displays. We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control" tab, PB crashes. The err...

Powerbuilder 7.0.3 crashing when trying to open PFC objects
Hello I experienced such a problem - when i try to open most of PFC objects in painters - powerbuilder just crashes. sometimes it crashes when i am closing the object. Sometimes it lets me to open an object for the first time but when i try to access it for the second time - i get Dr.Watson. I tracked the problem to the pfc_n_base. An itneresting issue with pfc_n_base - when i open it and then try to save under another name the save procedure seems to go ok, but the name of the object in the title bar doesn't change and it does nto appear in the library. When i am doing the same ...

PB 8.0.3 build 9704 crash when i try to insert a ole custom control
Hi, I have a ole custom control linked to the dll mswinsck.ocx in one of my pbl libraries but it seems to be a problem with this. When i try to access through the application to this library a runtime error was shown telling me that i can't access to the localip property. The .dll was registered in the windows registry i've already checked. After that i tried to insert a new ole custom control to the pbl linked to the same dll, but powerbuilder crash . I tried the same thing in powerbuilder 11.5 and i could insert the control correctly. What can be wrong? This proble...

How to Refresh a object which was insert to report by use OLE Object??????????
Hello,I can open a file which used hyperlink of OLE Object. I transfer a paramter to report and then set it for hyperlink. When view report I can show a file by double click on a file. When the file show into a application tool I can edit and save it . But I can't refresh it to report viewer at run time, Can you help me? I look forward to your relay as soon as possible.Thanks for your supports,StarfoStarfo...

PowerBuilder Ole Objects
I am getting the following message in a PB Error Dialog in an "In House" Application running on Win2K and WinXP. The program was written to generate an MS Word Document and then store said document in an ORACLE Table as a BLOB. What are some of the conditions I need to look for in troubleshooting this problem? /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// The following error was detected at line 16 of "w_action::wf_generate_letter" Error calling external object function open -PowerBuilder ErrNo : 35 You may choose to ign...

PB9 Crashes Inserting OCX via "Insert Control" Tab
Hi, In PB 9.0.1 Build 6533, in a window, do Insert, Control, OLE, and press the "Insert Control" tab, and get: "Sybase PowerBuilder has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". There are other posts for this, but the link to the solution is broken. Thank you Victor Reinhart MaintStar Victor Reinhart ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp http://brucearmstrong.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/problems-using-activex-controls/ On 24 Aug 2010 15:54:27 -0700, &qu...

OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1 with PFC. I'm trying to right Mail Merge like function in a system. Thus, we've to keep the merged document into history for later referece. I'm wondering the difference between OLE Control vs OLE dw object vs OLE Column in dw object??? Can anyone give some ideas on the above and what is the usage of it?? On the other hand, I'm wondering whether I'm using the RTE dw object for mail merge and then save the whole content into a OLE Database blob column, or using OLE control to MS Word + using DDE to transfer the data to MS Word?? ...

Web resources about - PB9 crashes when trying to insert OLE object. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Zimbabwe Bull Elephant Crashes Into Tourists at Mana Pools - YouTube
As we were eating brunch an elephant was eating pods off of the ground and as it approached we were told to stay very still, which we did. To ...

Facebook crashes in rare global outage
Users in the UAE were unable to access Facebook after it crashed just after midday on Thursday.

Worst Driver of the Day: Old Man Crashes Into Everything In Piggly Wiggly Parking Lot
No, this isn’t footage from “GTA V.” A 92-year-old man named Russell Kerr pulled his minivan out of the parking lot last Friday at a Piggly Wiggly ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Car crashes into Sanctuary Lakes home
A family of five was woken by a car smashing into their home in Melbourne's south-west on Tuesday morning.

iPhone, Mac users beware: dodgy link which crashes Safari is doing the rounds
... people are trying to trick their friends into visiting crashsafari.com, a site that does, well, pretty much exactly what it claims to do: crashes ...

Chrome for iOS updated to be ‘dramatically faster’ with 70% fewer crashes
... coverage of Apps , iPhone , and iPad . What do you think? Discuss "Chrome for iOS updated to be ‘dramatically faster’ with 70% fewer crashes" ...