Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database

Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4  database interface, I don't see it
when I try to create
a database profile in PB6.5 ??.
I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC.

Thanks

Ravi Nath

0
SAS

Ravi,

SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to
go.

Regards,
John Olson [TeamSybase]
Developower, Inc.
www.developower.com

SAS wrote in message ...
>Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4  database interface, I don't see it
>when I try to create
>a database profile in PB6.5 ??.
>I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC.
>

>Thanks
>
>Ravi Nath

0
John
9/29/2000 4:47:12 PM
ODBC is the 'native' driver for SQL Anywhere.  It's the only choice you have.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:32:35 -0500,
SAS <sas@sasintl.com> wrote:
>Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4  database interface, I don't see it
>when I try to create
>a database profile in PB6.5 ??.
>I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC.
>

>Thanks
>
>Ravi Nath

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/knowgod/index.htm  | http://www.needhim.org
http://www.jesusfilm.org/view/realvideo/rv/languages/english.ram

Bruce

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

How to do from ASA5.5.0.4 #1867 To 5.5.0.5?
Hi , I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. I can not start my database anymore. Can anyone help me. Thanks A Lot! Kadee What error are you getting? /ck "kadee" <kadee@pchome.com.tw> wrote in message news:$O6WtrS6BHA.238@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > > I have 1 database on ASA5.5.04 Built #1867, > Today I download the package 5.5.0.5 from > Sybase web page,after I run the setup.exe. > I can not start my database anymore. > > Can...

SQL Anywhere 8.0 client connecting to 5.5 database
I currently have a SQL Anywhere 5.5 database server running on NT 4 Server. I am planning an upgrade to 8.0. Because of logistics, I want to install the 8.0 client on the workstations first while connecting to the 5.5 database. Will the 8.0 client connect to the 5.5 database?? Do you have any other helpful tips for the upgrade process from 5.5 to 8.0?? Thank you in advance! NWesturn The 8.0 and 5.5 products can co-exist. They share no files and the only problem you might have is that the utilities (like dbinit) have the same name so make sure you find the right ones when you use...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Novell 5.0
Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. There is an EBF that allows 5.5.04 to run in a NW 5 environment. Mark Black schrieb: > > Does any one know if SQLAnywhere 5.5 will run okay on Novell 5.0? We have a > client that had 5.5 running on Novell 4 and they upgraded to Novell 5.0. > When they have the database running, it is locking up the Novell console. ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5 and Netware 5.0
I understand that SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 as shipped will not work properly with Novell Netware 5.0. Has anyone heard whether Sybase intends to release a version update to resolve these problems such as version 5.5.05? Alternatively, is there a later build of version 5.5.04 which will resolve the problems? Yes, there is an EBF available through Tech Support that allows 5.5.04 to run on Netware 5. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.5 and VMWare
Are there any known issues with using SQL Anywhere on a Virtualised VMWare server, especially around replication processes ? We have a replication intensive db that our corporate IT dept want to virtualise onto a new server running VMWare. I need to know if there are any do's and don'ts that we should be aware of. Thanks in advance VMWare is not actually a support platform for ASA. Having said that, because VMWare is designed to be a virtual OS, we should still run within this environment. If there are problems that are encountered in a VMWare session, that cannot be r...

Problem connecting to Anywhere 5.5 using a PowerBuilder 4.0 app
I am having problems connecting to a SQl Anywhere 5.5 database running is server mode on a Novell network. The application is in PowerBuilder 4.0. I am able to use Access 97 and Infomaker to connect, but not the PB 4.0 app. Thank you in advance! kedersha_brian@aac.com Do you have some error messages? What client are you using? Win 95/3.11/NT? I know of no reason that PB4 cannot connect to SA 5.5.x server. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX Is your PB4 app 16 or 32 bit? How are the ODBC Profiles defined? Are they 16 or 32 bit Profiles? Are they...

Help! I am trying to connect a PB 4.0 app to SQL Anywhere 5.5
I have been trying to connect a PowerBuilder 4.0 app. to SQl Anywhere 5.5, running in Server mode on a Novell 4.1 network. I just get error messages stating that the ODBC driver cannot be found or cannot be configured. Any help would be greatly be appreciated. -={Brian}=- :) bkedersha@aol.com Are you able to configure the ODBC datasource through the administrator? If not, either the directory in the ODBCINST.INI section of your registry is pointing to the wrong where the wod50t.DLL is located. Also, you may need to place the \SQLANY\WIN32 in your path, if your registr...

Sql Anywhere 5.5.01 to 5.5.04
Hi everyone, I want to update my SQL anywhere 5.5.01 to a 5.5.04. I went to sybase internet address but I can not found anything. Somebody knows were to found it? Thanks ----------------------------------- Frederic MARGARIDO fred@radiosoft.org Go to http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html Leo Tohill - Team Powersoft -- Please post in newsgroup, not via email < ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and jConnect 5.5
Does jConnect 5.5 work with SQL Anywhere 5.5.04? I was just wondering since the Installation Guide for jConnect 5.5 states that Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.23 is required. If the two are incompatible, then what jConnect version will work with SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and where can it be downloaded? Thank you. Do this search in Google Groups: "SQL Anywhere 5" jconnect group:*.sqlanywhere.* Looks like you need to go through OSG, which is described in the Help: SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 4. Transact-SQL Compatibility CHAPTER 32. Using the Open Server Gateway ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 and 5.5.05
I have several queries, all of which involve outer joins, that produce different results when run against SQL Anywhere versions 5.5.05 Build #2787 and 5.5.04 Build #1867. I realize the outer join syntax is awkward and it does produce an error when run against version 7 of SQL Anywhere. However, I didn't expect different results within version 5 releases. I'm going to have the queries reconstructed, but I'm looking for an explanation on what happened between those two releases. I have scoured the documentation and release notes for .04, .05, and even the 7.0 documentation....

Is SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 y2k compliant if the database cersion is still 4.0 ?
Hi all, got a very weird situation here A customer has asked if their Anywhere installation is y2k compliant. They have version 5.5.0.4 installled. So that is ok. Problem is that they have not upgraded the database from version 4.0 to 5.5. So I would tend to say their are not compliant. I know they should upgrade the database. For some reason their application software has a problem with this. They seem to read info from the SYSUSERPERM table that was in char in version 4.0 and now is binary and if the db is upgraded, application fails to login. So they have to sort that out. ...

Web resources about - Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database - sybase.powerbuilder.general

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting to Community Graduation YouTube 1080p - YouTube
(Sioux Falls, S.D.) Forty-six seniors have graduated from trying to find the power button to now being avid e-mail, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr ...