PB5 - Compile Application with PB's PBD/DLL

Hi,

I'm facing a problem on compiling a project that contains a "PUBLIC.PBD" or
"PUBLIC.DLL" without source.  I have created a "RESOURCE.PBR" for the
project. The PB compiler is always looking for the original source code.

Error       C0113: Error reading object source entry: nvo_search.sru.
Error       C0113: Error reading object source entry: nvo_encrypt.sru.

Is that anyway to by-pass the original source codes checking ??

Thanks.

0
HuanShean

Which .dll's can cause errors in PB .dll's
I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB ..dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. I know that drivers to some HP printers can cause errors in PB programs. Have a nice day! Joanna Any DLL that PB interacts with can result in errors... /ck "Joanna Owczarzak" <windows@poznan.varico.com> wrote in message news:P1Ms22iLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > I would like to find out which .dll's (not PB .dll's) can cause errors in PB > .dll's - for example in pbvm60.dll. > I know that drivers to some H...

PBD's OR DLL's
I have written an application and currently deploy this with an .exe and several pbd's. What is the difference between checking PBD in the application painter? -- Regards, John If you don't check the "PBD" option in the painter, then all referenced objects in that PBL get compiled into the .EXE file. This causes problems for dynamically referenced objects (many datawindows) unless you're very careful about your .PSR files. If you compile to PBD, then all of the objects in the PBL are there. Other than that, AFAIK, it's just a preference on...

Upgrading to PB 7.03 DLL's --> Rebuild project generated DLL's???
We have several apps that are all built using windows machine code DLLs and were last compiled / rebuilt when first migrated to pb7. If I upgrade to pb7.03 and then install the latest build 10077 or whatever it is do I need to rebuild all the DLL's? I'm assuming yes and feel more comfortable doing it anyway but it is time consuming and always a risk putting out new DLL's on the network. I did think I read somewhere that one of the fixes or enhancements in 7.03 was faster network execution of DLL's. Is this true? thanks jack Jack, Although it sometimes...

DLL's vs PBD's
Hi everyone, We currently use dll's in our application deployments... would anyone have any idea where I can find some definitive reference material on pbd vs. dll rollouts? I am under the impression that pbd's are better but need supporting material. Thanks for any help. If you search this NG at groups.google.com you will find the topic has been beaten to death. Short version: DLLs take twice as long to compile, are twice as big, are more prone to inconsistent behavior, and only provide noticeable speed improvement if you are doing lots of PowerScript, for instance st...

PBD's and DLL's Together?
Can I compile a PB application into DLL's and have it direct call an object in another PB application compiled into PBD's? I'm sure you're trying to figure out why. I have a really math intensive application that works well and gives me the answers I expect when compiled into PBD's. However, when I compile it into DLL's, it changes the results. I can call the DLL function from a Java front end but I can't call the PBD. If I can write a Java front end to call a PB DLL which then calls a PB PBD, I should be able to get around my transport.listen() woe...

GPF's In PB DLL's
Hello, I have posted already regarding a gpf we encounter in pbrte050.dll. We are currently in the midst of researching several gpf's that are occuring in different PowerBuilder dlls when running our application. We are using PB 5.0.03 (32 Bit) with SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 (build 884). The following are the regularly reported gpfs we are seeing: APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBRTF050.DLL @ 0137:10d01c9e APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 0137:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 014F:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVA...

List of PB Dll's required to create independent Executable for PB application
Hi All, I have application developed in PB9 and oracle9, i need to create Executable and need to run to machine which dont have Power Builder installed. Please tell the list of PB9 DLL's are required to copy while creating Executable. Thanks & Regards Mukul Trivedi There is a section in the documentation that discusses the deployment files needed (and permitted) for PowerBuilder. mukul wrote: > Hi All, > > I have application developed in PB9 and oracle9, i need to create > Executable and need to run to machine which dont have Power Builder > ins...

Pros & Cons of Dll's Vs PBD's
What are the Pros & Cons of Dll's Vs PBD's Thanks. Adrian PBD's work and DLL's don't. "Adrian Galv�n Quintanilla" <galvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:8yCr5HK5BHA.214@forums.sybase.com... > What are the Pros & Cons of Dll's Vs PBD's > > Thanks. > Adrian > > > > Most of the work in PB is already done in DLLs: PBVMxx.dll, PBDWExx.dll in particular. The only functionality that is speeded up is the execution of PowerScript, and the difference won't be noticeable unless you are do...

Powerbuilder Executable
When I try to create a Powerbuilder (7) machine code executable, I keep getting a crash (Runtime error R0014) - saying that one of my application's dll's could not be opened. But, the dll's are all in the same directory as the executable. This directory is also registered in my path variables. I have also copied all the Powerbuilder dlls to the same directory as well. I've switched runtime tracing on and been able to establish that it's happening when one of my dlls is creating an object that is coded into a second dll. It is this second dll which cannot be opened. ...

Location of PB dll's for application deployment?
Hi, When deploying a PB 7 app, I would like to put them in <system drive>:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder But how can I make my .exe know where to find them? Regards, Eelco Hi Eelco, You could add an entry in the registry under the 'App Paths' key. Do a search in the registry for pb70.exe. You'll see a path string value for this key as well. You can do the same for your application. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr1...

pbd's much faster than dll's on ws w/ low memory
We have some users that have only 32 megs of Ram on W-95 machines. After doing a 7.0 build of a pfc application with pbd's instead of dll's, we found that the application started up twice as fast, and windows are opening up much faster as well. And on my NT machine w/ 128 megs or ram, we find pbd's to be marginally faster as well! So.... what compelling reason is there to build using dll's? Certainly not time to build, or disk space :) Seems the touted speed theory is debunked as well. Regards, Jay ash477@hotmail.com It's been documented often ...

What PB 5.03 dll's do I need to rollout an application?
I am trying to find out what dll's I need to rollout a PB 5.0.3 application using Wise. Does anyone know which ones I need or do I need them all? Thanks Rebecca Wheelwright wheelwrightr@nabisco.com Rebecca, Check out the PB User's Guide for info on the deployment DLLs. -- Regards, Millard[TeamPowersoft] -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ mf3@gatesys.com Co-Author of PowerBuilder 5.0: Object Oriented Design and Development McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-024469-3 Co-Author of PFC Professional Reference (Block, Brown, Gasin, Gr...

DLL's obfuscated using DotFuscator when deployed don't work and the DLL's are easily decompiled. What to do?
I used DotFuscator Community edition that ships with VS2005 to obfuscate some of the DLL's from my PreCompiled website. When I deploy these obfuscated DLL's on the webserver, my site doesn't work. If I revert back to my old DLL's fo my precompiled website, it works fine. Secondly, the DLL's obfuscated with DotFuscator Community Edition are easily decompiled to the original source code using a decompiler like Salamander .NET decompiler (http://www.remotesoft.com/salamander/). Then, whats the use of this DotFuscator if it can't obfuscate the DLL's. Ple...

How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?
SOS. How to shall DLL's and neen't copy DLL's to BIN in serval Asp.net projects?Thanks...

16-bit PBD's V 32-bit PBD's
Does anybody know if there's any difference between 16-bit and 32-bit PBD files? Obviously the .exe files will be different between a 16-bit and 32-bit compile, but I'm curious about the PBD's. When I tested it they seemed to be interchangeable, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's not a good idea to mix 'n match them. I'm reluctant to clutter up my installation disks with two sets of PBD files if only one is needed! Charles Butcher Since PBDs are interpreted at run time, you can use the same PBD in a 16-bit or a 32-bit applications (external...

Web resources about - PB5 - Compile Application with PB's PBD/DLL - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...

New patent application suggests Nintendo’s NX console is like nothing we’ve seen before
Nintendo has been close-mouthed about its plans for the Nintendo NX, but a recent patent filing may have tipped the company's hand. If so, then ...