PB11 app on Server 2008 64-bit/Sql Server 2008 R2 64-bit

I have just installed my pb11 app on a Server 2008 64-bit
and a Sql
Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Unfortunately when running my app on
the
server, the database connection fails.

I am using Sql Native Client in the app and the returned
error message
text from SQLCA was 'Sql Native Client is not installed' -
but it was
installed, although it of cause is the 64-bit Native Client,
and
perhaps that is the problem!?.


I then tried to use ODBC instead using odbcinst32.exe from
the
SYSWOW64 folder to ensure 32-bit setting, but with no luck,
the error
message from SQLCA was 'The specified DSN contains an
architecture
mismatch between the Driver and Application'


I have tried every trick in my 'book', and now I am hoping
for some of
yours - so I hope someone has a solution to this.


Thanks!
0
CharlotteJ
12/16/2010 8:34:30 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 19 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1242 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 51

Your PB application is 32-bit and it can only load 32-bit components. 
That's why it can't load your 64-bit native client on the server. 
However, you *should* be able to install the 32-bit native client on the 
server along side the 64-bit native client and have both installed. A 
32-bit client should have no problem connecting to a 64-bit database.



On 12/16/2010 2:34 AM, CharlotteJ wrote:
> I have just installed my pb11 app on a Server 2008 64-bit
> and a Sql
> Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Unfortunately when running my app on
> the
> server, the database connection fails.
>
> I am using Sql Native Client in the app and the returned
> error message
> text from SQLCA was 'Sql Native Client is not installed' -
> but it was
> installed, although it of cause is the 64-bit Native Client,
> and
> perhaps that is the problem!?.
>
>
> I then tried to use ODBC instead using odbcinst32.exe from
> the
> SYSWOW64 folder to ensure 32-bit setting, but with no luck,
> the error
> message from SQLCA was 'The specified DSN contains an
> architecture
> mismatch between the Driver and Application'
>
>
> I have tried every trick in my 'book', and now I am hoping
> for some of
> yours - so I hope someone has a solution to this.
>
>
> Thanks!
0
Jason
12/16/2010 3:23:16 PM
Thanks, Jason, I was 'afraid' that that was the problem and
actually I have both clients (used the 64-bit installer),
but I
have just read another info. on the web, that apparently
quote "Powerbuilder 11.2 cannot connect to the 32 drivers on
win
7 64. Version 11.5 connects flawlessly". Perhaps that is
exactly
the issue, as I am using PB11.2 (on a Server 2008 though)!

I am positive that a genuine 32-bit client from a 32-bit
environment will work against a 64-bit Sql Server, but as
the
app. has some 'backoffice' exes running on the serverside, I
had
this problem.

I have asked the customer to reinstall the server (it was a
virtual one!) and Sql Server with 32-bit.

Thanks for your input.

Regards
Charlotte


> Your PB application is 32-bit and it can only load 32-bit
> components.  That's why it can't load your 64-bit native
> client on the server.  However, you *should* be able to
> install the 32-bit native client on the  server along side
> the 64-bit native client and have both installed. A
> 32-bit client should have no problem connecting to a
> 64-bit database.
>
>
>
> On 12/16/2010 2:34 AM, CharlotteJ wrote:
> > I have just installed my pb11 app on a Server 2008
> > 64-bit and a Sql
> > Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Unfortunately when running my app
> > on the
> > server, the database connection fails.
> >
> > I am using Sql Native Client in the app and the returned
> > error message
> > text from SQLCA was 'Sql Native Client is not installed'
> > - but it was
> > installed, although it of cause is the 64-bit Native
> > Client, and
> > perhaps that is the problem!?.
> >
> >
> > I then tried to use ODBC instead using odbcinst32.exe
> > from the
> > SYSWOW64 folder to ensure 32-bit setting, but with no
> > luck, the error
> > message from SQLCA was 'The specified DSN contains an
> > architecture
> > mismatch between the Driver and Application'
> >
> >
> > I have tried every trick in my 'book', and now I am
> > hoping for some of
> > yours - so I hope someone has a solution to this.
> >
> >
> > Thanks!
0
CharlotteJ
12/17/2010 10:40:22 AM
There is not a 32 vs 64 bit issue with sqlncli.msi.  Use the 64 bit version 
on 64 bit clients and use the 32 bit version on 32 bit clients.
Since all new servers are 64 bit, use 64 bit client and 64 bit version of 
sqlserver (or 32 bit version of sqlserver)

For the sqlncli.msi from SqlServer 2005 use "SQLNCLI" in powerbuilder
For the sqlncli.msi from SqlServer 2008/2008R2 use "SQLNCLI10" in 
powerbuilder

(You can look in programs and features display to see which version you have 
installed )
PS. You can install both versions of SQLNCLI (2005 and 2008) on the same 
client

These must match or you can not connect.

0
Tyler
12/21/2010 2:19:55 PM
Excellent, thanks alot, I will try this the next time I come
across a 64 bit server with Sql 2008.

> There is not a 32 vs 64 bit issue with sqlncli.msi.  Use
> the 64 bit version  on 64 bit clients and use the 32 bit
> version on 32 bit clients. Since all new servers are 64
> bit, use 64 bit client and 64 bit version of  sqlserver
> (or 32 bit version of sqlserver)
>
> For the sqlncli.msi from SqlServer 2005 use "SQLNCLI" in
> powerbuilder For the sqlncli.msi from SqlServer
> 2008/2008R2 use "SQLNCLI10" in  powerbuilder
>
> (You can look in programs and features display to see
> which version you have  installed )
> PS. You can install both versions of SQLNCLI (2005 and
> 2008) on the same  client
>
> These must match or you can not connect.
>
0
CharlotteJ
12/27/2010 9:39:56 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Create a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit)
Name: Dmitry Viazmin Email: dmitrydotviazminattutdotby Product: Firefox Summary: Create a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit) Comments: Hi, It would be great to get a production build of Firefox for Microsoft 64-bit OSs (Vista 64, MS Windows 2008 Server 64-bit). Do you plan to do that? Best Regards, Dmitry Viazmin Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a...

IDM 3.5.1 Server 2003 32-bit and Server 2008 64-bit
Need some advice or guidence. Currently we have a 32-bit Windows Server 2003 server that our eDirectory server is running on. We just got a new box for one of our drivers that is a 2008 server and 64 bit. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. 1. Can you connect a windows 2003 32 bit to a windows 2008 64 bit ? 2. The remote loader on the 32 bit side is 3.5.1 but on the 64 bit side it had to be 4. Can these two connect to each other and pass information ? 3. I am getting an error on the remote loader side, I don't have the exact error bu...

Creating a SQL Server linked server to Interbase using 64 bit SQL Server
Hi, I am trying to use the data direct odbc driver for interbase to create a linked server in SQL Server 2008 R2 64bit however, SQL Server reports an "Arcitechure Mismatch" between the System DSN and SQL Server. This did work under 32 bit SQL Server. Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I have tried using the IBProvider trial as well but this fails to work in SQL Server as well. Our Interbase client(s) and server are all 64 bit installations. Thank you Julian Dawson wrote: > Is there a 64bit specific odbc driver for interbase? I think Easy...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Changing from 32 Bit Server to 64 Bit Server?
Hi all,we want to buy a new server but doesn't know which bitting.I've googled two days about this, and i found out that it should be a little faster then on 32 bit Servern but nothing exactly.Has anyone experience with running a webapp (32 bit) on a 64 bit Server? Is it fast as on a 32 bit Server?What about a 64 bit webapp on a 64 bit Server?! Is this webapp faster as compiled on 32 bit on a 32 bit Server?What are the differences? I know that you can run Framework 1.1 on a 64 bit Server and that you can run 32 bit webapps (with a little iis configuration :-))thanx for answering It all dep...

Installing Team Foundation Server 2008 with SQL Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008
 Hi,Can Anyone tell me that Is SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition Compatible to work with Team Foundation Server 2008 on Windows Server 2008...I am trying to install TFS 2008.I have installed IIS,SQL Server 2008 Developer Edition,Install and Configure Windows Sharepoint 3.0 successfully... but During installation of TFS 2008 during System health Check its telling SQL Server version incompatible.PLz Reply its urgent... Somnath Try installing TFS 2008 packaged with SP1. Here is more info:http://blogs.msdn.com/aabdou/archive/2008/05/13/team-foundation-server-sp1-beta-now-available.a...

APPCHASH
Hello, We have problems in executables (APPCRASH) generated by Delphi XE, running through Teminal Service / shared directory, and find some recommendations for the use of compiler directives. In case we are using the following: {$ SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_BYTES_REVERSED_HI or IMAGE_FILE_REMOVABLE_RUN_FROM_SWAP or IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP} So we need technical assistance to better understand the use of these directives, impacts and if there was any other alternative. ...

Powerbuilder 10.5 application on Windows 2008 Termianl Server 64 bits
Hi all, We are planning to upgrade our terminal server PC to Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64bits. On this PC we will deploy our application developed with Powerbuilder 10.5.2. I know that Terminal Server is not official supported by Sybase, but it has worked without problems for us on Windows 2003. Has somebody tested PB deployed applications on Windows Terminal Server 2008 64bits? Lot of thanks, Alex Bibiano Alex, we've got no problems here even running the TS in a VM with PB 11.5.1 (4566) on 64bit WIN2008 Server. But rememb...

Windows 7 64-bit And Windows Server 2008 R2 Vulnerability Emerges
The Microsoft Security Response team released a security advisory yesterday, The team is investigating a publicly reported vulnerability that is affecting 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium systems. http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/19/windows-7-64-bit-and-windows-server-2008-r2-vulnerabilitie-emerges/#more-25521 -- "If U know neither the enemy nor yourself,U will succumb in every battle" ...

Installing ADO.NET Provider on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
I=92m installing Sybase SDK 15.5 64-bit (only ADO.NET component) on a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit, and at the end of the installation, an error dialog is displayed with the message "AdoNetRegistrar.exe has stopped working". Then it offers two options: close the program, and check online for a solution. I chose close the program, and then the same error dialog came again, and I did the same thing one more time. Then, the installation finishes saying it was successful. Then, when I go to C:\Sybase\DataAccess64\ADONET\dll and execute AdoNetRegistrar.exe from an ad...

Can PB 11.2 app be deployed on 64 bit Windows server 2008?
Hi I have a PB11.2 app and need to deploy this to Windows Server 2008. I can see from the release notes that it is compatible with vista 64 bit deployment but I can't find any reference to PB 11.2 and 64 bit 2008 Anyone know the answer? Thanks Brian Hi Brian, I have PB 11.5 running on Windows Server 2008 on a 64 bit server. It installs in the "Program Files (x86)" directory, so I guess it runs in some sort of compatibility mode. I don't think that 11.2 and 11.5 are different from an architectural standpoint. Paul "Development&qu...

APPCRASH
Hello, We have problems in executables (APPCRASH) generated by Delphi XE, running through Teminal Service / shared directory, and find some recommendations for the use of compiler directives. In case we are using the following: {$ SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_BYTES_REVERSED_HI or IMAGE_FILE_REMOVABLE_RUN_FROM_SWAP or IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP} So we need technical assistance to better understand the use of these directives, impacts and if there was any other alternative. Edited by: SOFtran Informática do Transporte on Jun 1, 2015 12:57 PM ...

sql express 2008 database to sql server 2008 database what bits do I need to download
I need a client program for my pc so I can put my sql express 2008 database on a sql server 2008.  My SQL server is off on some generic web host. I tried management studio 2005 express version won't open my .mdf file but it opens my web host database. I tried to download full version of sql server 2008 but couldn't find the management studio program in the download.    Is there a trial or a preview I can download from microsoft that has the bits? Thanks Dan. I don't ask many questions but I'm trying to partisipate in this community.Good Luc...

sql server 2005
if my server (windows 2003 enterprise) is not an x-64 server..... should i deploy sql server 2005 32 bit? or is there still any advantage to installing the 64-bit? will microsoft still provide support if i deploy the sql server 2005 64 bit onto a machine not designed for optimization of the 64 bit app?  You need a 64bit OS to install the 64bit version of sql server.Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group on 32 bit os you can run only 32 bits application but on 64 bit system you can decide whcich SQl server woudl you like to install 32 or 64. you should install 64 bit ...

Web resources about - PB11 app on Server 2008 64-bit/Sql Server 2008 R2 64-bit - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

New GIGABYTE Server Motherboards Show Xeon D Round 2
... the most awesome product Intel has delivered in years, even if it is slightly hidden away from the mainstream’. There is interest both server ...

Linux bug imperils tens of millions of PCs, servers, and Android phones
(credit: amalthya ) For almost three years, millions of servers and smaller devices running Linux have been vulnerable to attacks that allow ...

Qualcomm will manufacture server chips in China
Qualcomm has entered an agreement with the Chinese province of Guizhou to enter into a joint venture to develop chips for server systems. This ...

Hillary Clinton's email server contained SAP-level comms - Business Insider Deutschland
... Inspector General I. Charles McCullough III. Thomson Reuters Hillary Clinton. Emails that passed through Hillary Clinton's private server while ...

Clinton's server had emails beyond top secret level
The Inspector General recently updated Congress on the contents of the former secretary of state's home server

China now the battleground for Intel server dominance
Intel has to keep a close watch on China, where an architectural battle could break its dominance in servers. Intel chips based on its x86 architecture ...

Former Sec Def Robert Gates: ‘Odds Are Pretty High’ Russia, China, And Iran Accessed Hillary’s Server ...
Former Sec Def Robert Gates: ‘Odds Are Pretty High’ Russia, China, And Iran Accessed Hillary’s Server

Qualcomm teams up with Chinese province for server chips
... government's investment arm and 45% owned by a subsidiary of Qualcomm. The JV will focus on the design, development and sale of advanced server ...

Intel Partners with Chinese Firms on Server Chips
The vendor will work with Tsinghua University and tech firm Montage to create data center offering that address Chinese security concerns.

Resources last updated: 1/22/2016 3:24:27 AM