PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control

Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last
PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for
migrating a client server PB application to be web based
(without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web
Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar.

We are considering migrating our application using these tools.
The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000
data windows accessing some 200 tables.  Based on my reading
and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told
that the trick to making this work is to move as much PB script
as possible into NVOs.  So I understand that will be work to
convert code and optimize window performance.

Has anyone undertaken a migration like this?  If so, I would
appreciate feedback on how sucessful this was.  If this is a
reliable migration methodology I like to find a couple
reference cases which would prove this a viable solution.

Thanks,
Brent
0
brentl

web web web

Web control in web control

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

Web User Control & web.config
Hi,  I have a Visual studio solution only with web user controls. How must I configure the web.config file for AjaxControlToolkit?  I added this lines to my web.config:<httpHandlers> <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/> <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/> <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false&qu...

Web.pb & Novell Web Server
Hi all! Our company is just starting to dabble into web applications. We've recently (yesterday) installed Novell Web Server 3.1. Now (as proof of concept) I'm trying to migrate the Internet Developer Toolkit tutorial from WebSite (on my local NT4.0) to the Novell. Dose anyone have a nice step-by-step "How to" for this. (i.e., Which ..CFG files need what changes? Which subdirectories does pbcgi050.exe need to go? etc.) Thanks... D. Fletcher ...

web controls and web user control

Use Web Control In a Web Control
Is this possible?I am working with an aspx page that consists of many different web controls.One of the web controls contains search criteria.  One of the criteria is a date range where I am trying to add a popup calendar --> which is another web controlCan I register the popupcaledar control on the questionaire control?  I have tried, but nothing seems to be registered.Any ideas will GREATLY help.Relax and have some Home Brew!Prosecute the Owner - Don't PERSECUTE the Breed!Breed Specific Legislation targets the WRONG end of the LEASH! Without seeing your code we can'...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Interaction between Web User Control & Web form
Ok, I want to create my first Web User Control which is used for file uploading. It's very simple, consist only of the <asp:FileUpload> and <asp:Button> control. The button has one server side event which is resizing the uploaded image to two different images (stored as byte[] in the cs file). So, my question is how I can send these two arrays of type byte to the Web form where the web user control is inside. I thought it should be possible to write something like this in the Web form:<uc1:FileUploader ID="uploader" runat="server" OnUploaded="recieveImages" />So that means ...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

Mobile Web Controls vs. Web Controls
I am using VS2003 and I have realized that Mobile Web Controls are very basic and simple. So I saw in a post the way to use Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms. Since then, I often use Web Controls instead of Mobile Web Controls. I put the Web Control inside a Mobile DeviceSpecific and put this DeviceSpecific inside a Mobile Panel. Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?  Does it happen the same in VS2005 or 2008? And, is it right to use only Web Controls inside Mobile Web Forms? Thanks. xesteban:Why the Mobile Controls are so simple?   They are simple because they suppor...