PB Web Browser?

I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help.  I have tried
using the OLE control but I am running out of time to add all the bells and
whistles!  We have changed our help system to be all HTML driven so I just
need a pretty simple browser with Back, Forward and ..?  The time I spent I
was able to get something working but I just don't have time to perfect the
look and feel ( I am having problem making the Menu look like a browser and
also the control not sizing correctly).

Thanks for any advice!
Chris

0
Chris

 You can drop the IE Control on a window as on OLE object.

"Chris" <chris-at-hdcsi-dot-com> wrote in message
> I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help.  I have tried
> using the OLE control but I am running out of time to add all the bells and
> whistles!  We have changed our help system to be all HTML driven so I just
> need a pretty simple browser with Back, Forward and ..?  The time I spent I
> was able to get something working but I just don't have time to perfect the
> look and feel ( I am having problem making the Menu look like a browser and
> also the control not sizing correctly).
>
> Thanks for any advice!
> Chris

0
DT
1/15/2004 8:25:10 PM
Here is one:
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode/webbrowser.zip

> I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help.
0
Philip
1/15/2004 9:31:47 PM
Why you don't like to use Doc2Help? Write a Help-File with MS Word an
convert it to HTML-, JAVA-, Win95/98NT -Helpfiles.

gzim
"Chris" <chris-at-hdcsi-dot-com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help.  I have tried
> using the OLE control but I am running out of time to add all the bells
and
> whistles!  We have changed our help system to be all HTML driven so I just
> need a pretty simple browser with Back, Forward and ..?  The time I spent
> was able to get something working but I just don't have time to perfect
the
> look and feel ( I am having problem making the Menu look like a browser
and
> also the control not sizing correctly).
>
> Thanks for any advice!
> Chris

0
Gzim
1/16/2004 7:46:30 AM
Thanks Philip!  Exactly what I was looking for.  One question, the resize
does not seem to resize the ole_web objects Height.  The Width works just
fine but the Height doesn't ever move.

Thanks!
Chris

<Philip Salgannik> wrote in message
> Here is one:
> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode/webbrowser.zip
>
> > I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help.

0
Chris
1/16/2004 3:50:04 PM
That's a recent bug in 7066 (or even before).

--
<hopethishelps/>
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

> Thanks Philip!  Exactly what I was looking for.  One question, the resize
> does not seem to resize the ole_web objects Height.  The Width works just
> fine but the Height doesn't ever move.
>
> Thanks!
> Chris
>
> <Philip Salgannik> wrote in message
> > Here is one:
> > http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode/webbrowser.zip
> >
> > > I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help.

0
Roy
1/16/2004 4:02:18 PM
Bummer!  I guess it has already been reported then.  I will just uncheck
'Resize' for now and wait for the fix.

Chris

"Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]" <SPAM_FREE_roy.kiesler@teamsybase.com> wrote in
message news:40080b0a@forums-1-dub...
> That's a recent bug in 7066 (or even before).
>
> --
> <hopethishelps/>
> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
> SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com
>
> "Chris" <chris-at-hdcsi-dot-com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Philip!  Exactly what I was looking for.  One question, the
resize
> > does not seem to resize the ole_web objects Height.  The Width works
just
> > fine but the Height doesn't ever move.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Chris
> >
> > <Philip Salgannik> wrote in message
> > > Here is one:
> > > http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode/webbrowser.zip

0
Chris

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Opening a Web Browser from PB
Goal: open a browser to a certain url with some parameters filled in and clicks a Submit button. Current solution: use INET object, build my url and call INET.hyperlinktourl( ls_url). Outcome: Works fine, however, launches a new IE browser each time the user clicks on the user defined button in PB. First fix would be to not open several IE browsers, but use the same one that is already open....not sure how to do this. Second fix would be to use a PB window and drop an OCX or some other object that keeps the browser within the PB window...I've tried plopping the MS Web ...

PB & web browser
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C275CC.50813B60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, We are using PB 7 for an application in which we need to do the = following: When the user right-clicks on a datawindow, we have a right-mouse button = menu with 'Print' as one of the menu items. So when the user selects 'Print' the Web Browser opens and the arguments = are passed to a asp program (e.g. for example the Invoice Details for = the Invoice Number - ...

Web.pb Browser Discrepency (again)
Sorry for the second post, just thought that I would try one last time on this problem. I have a web.pb application that creates dynamic html which includes a fairly complex calculation. When I submit the form to bring up the page Using MS Explorer, it takes approximately 12 seconds to accomplish. Under Netscape, it takes about 55 seconds. WHY THE DIFFERENCE? The server software is Netscape Fastrack 2.0, using PB 5.0 on an Intel P166. I have tried saving the generated web page as a static web page, and when this static page is then loaded on both types of browsers, they both a...

PowerBuilder Web PB and JAWS
I hope someone can help me with this. I am trying to do a sample JAWS application. I downloaded a document working with jaws I went threw all the steps of adding Jaws70.jar files then installed servlet it told me to do. did the installed pakages on JagWebPB. All this work fine but when I typed in the url http://localhost:8080/servlet/Jaws I get a 404 page cannot be found. If anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. Thanks (EAServer Newbie) Do you have a listener configured for port 8080 on localhost? Can you see the Jaguar doc when you go to just http://loc...

OLE Web Browser in PB
We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which are avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could provide me with some information regarding the functions /events avialable in the OLE web Browser. Basically, you want ole_web_browser.object.Navigate(ls_Url). Here's your resource: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752043.aspx > We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser > to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which > are avialable thru it. If would be great ...

Browser Discrepancy With Web.pb
I have a web.pb application that creates dynamic html which includes a fairly complex calculation. When I submit the form to bring up the page Using MS Explorer, it takes approximately 12 seconds to accomplish. Under Netscape, it takes about 55 seconds. WHY THE DIFFERENCE? The server software is Netscape Fastrack 2.0, using PB 5.0 on an Intel P166. I have tried saving the generated web page as a static web page, and when this static page is then loaded on both types of browsers, they both appear in under one second, so I know it isn't the html. Even more confusing: I tried ...

Powerbuilder ole web browser
Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1 Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine. Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what website i open, it simply does not work. Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field and pressing <ENTER> works fine. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks Eric This seems to be to do with IE7. There is a discussion here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1070374&SiteID=1 I can't see any easy fix from PB but see for yourself. The article points to ...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder
Greetings, I have developed an application using the Microsoft Web Browser Control in PowerBuilder 6.5. I followed the example from Sybase Technotes at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 I am using the ole_1.object.Navigate( url ) method to get to the desired site, but the site is loaded, I want to get elements off the resulting window or to just get the source of the web page. I can parse out the results I am looking for. I have reviewed the Microsoft Web Browser Control documentation at http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/WebBrowser/RefList_VB.asp but have been un...

How to open Web Browser in PB Window
Hi, I wanted to open a web browser inside a PB Window, so that I can control the opening and closing of the browser instance within my PB app. I've tried Iinet_base.HyperlinkToURL("www.yahoo.ca") but it doesn't do what I need. Thanks so much in advance. Patricia ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This may be what you need: http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_webbrowser.html -- Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.is...

PB Web Browser and RMB Options
I am using an OLE Web Browser control to display our help files. Is there a way to turn off the RMB options in this control? Or better yet, can we turn off certain items? I don't want the 'Open Link' or 'Open Link in New Window' options. Thanks, Chris No way to do this in PowerScript or via the OLE automation interface. If you have C++ knowledge, you can code your own version of the browser control and hook the respective events -- MSDN had an article on how to do this a while back) -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange...

Web resources about - PB Web Browser? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Nokia Browser for Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy paste support is poor. If you have a device with no Control-key or Pen-key, you can not copy paste in most web forms. With older Nokia models, ...

Obscura Camera 2.0 introduces Photos edit extension and improved photo browser
... edit extension lets you apply Obscuras wonderful filters on photos you may have taken with other, lesser camera apps. Improved photo browser ...

Apple's Safari browser turns 13 years old today
Steve Jobs unveiled the "Fastest Web Browser Ever Created for the Mac" this day back in 2003, introducing the Safari web browser that four years ...

Price Drop: Life Web Browser
Life Web Browser 1.5 Device: iOS Universal Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 1.5 ( iTunes ) Description: Life Web Browser is Universal! ...

Last chance to upgrade IE or switch browsers as Microsoft's mandate looms
Nearly 340 million people who run Microsoft's Internet Explorer have just a week to upgrade or switch browsers, or face a shutoff of the security ...

Zspace created a virtual reality browser and I used it
... so 2015. It's the new year now, and to go along with that, zSpace has come up with a new way to browse the web: via virtual reality. The browser ...

Microsoft Stops Support of Pre-Internet Explorer 11 Browsers
Microsoft bids farewell to pre-Internet Explorer 11 browsers; Cisco helps businesses deal with shadow IT; Moto smartphones are getting fingerprint ...

Comcast Appears to Be Injecting Browser Pop-Ups to Upsell Crappy Modem Deals
Comcast sneakily injecting pop-up ads into user’s browsers is one of the company’s older and shitter tactics. But using those unsolicited ads ...

'Trump Filter' Erases The Donald From Your Chrome Browser
It's like building a giant wall to keep The Donald out! Trump Filter , developed by Rob Spectre, is a new Google Chrome extension that claims ...