PB 9.01/PVCS - PB Crashes (See text)

Working with PB 9.01 Build 6533 on a network server.  Using
PVCS for source control.  When attempting to overwrite an
object that was checked out, copying an object from one .PBL
to another, or simply regenerating an object in a .PBL
causes PowerBuilder to crash.

Sometimes I get a Low Virtual MemoryWarning message but most
times it just shuts down.  The workstation has 512megs RAM,
1.2 Gig CPU, Windows 2000 Professional (patched to date).
Any ideas on what or where to look for the problem?  It
looks like a memory leak.

Thanks!
0
scrapser

Definitely better to post in the source control group.

--
Evita Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst II
<scrapser> wrote in message news:4176bc1e.77ce.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Working with PB 9.01 Build 6533 on a network server.  Using
> PVCS for source control.  When attempting to overwrite an
> object that was checked out, copying an object from one .PBL
> to another, or simply regenerating an object in a .PBL
> causes PowerBuilder to crash.
>
> Sometimes I get a Low Virtual MemoryWarning message but most
> times it just shuts down.  The workstation has 512megs RAM,
> 1.2 Gig CPU, Windows 2000 Professional (patched to date).
> Any ideas on what or where to look for the problem?  It
> looks like a memory leak.
>
> Thanks!

0
EChapa
10/20/2004 7:39:13 PM
This turned out to be an optimization problem.  Once
optimized, the problem went away.  Very strange.

> Definitely better to post in the source control group.
>
> --
> Evita Chapa
> Senior Systems Analyst II
> Command Technologies, Inc.
> <scrapser> wrote in message
> > news:4176bc1e.77ce.1681692777@sybase.com... Working with
> > PB 9.01 Build 6533 on a network server.  Using PVCS for
> > source control.  When attempting to overwrite an object
> > that was checked out, copying an object from one .PBL to
> > another, or simply regenerating an object in a .PBL
> causes PowerBuilder to crash. >
> > Sometimes I get a Low Virtual MemoryWarning message but
> > most times it just shuts down.  The workstation has
> > 512megs RAM, 1.2 Gig CPU, Windows 2000 Professional
> > (patched to date). Any ideas on what or where to look
> > for the problem?  It looks like a memory leak.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
scrapser

Patches of ASA9 from 9.0 to 9.01 and 9.01 to 9.02
For X64. Anyone know where I can find these? I installed ASA9 for X64 on my new server and tried to install the latest EBF and it won't work because it is expecting to find ver. 9.02 and I've get 9.0. Thanks for any help, -- -----Jon----- In article <4c1fa601$1@forums-1-dub>, jsprings@jontandshe.org says... > > For X64. > > Anyone know where I can find these? > > I installed ASA9 for X64 on my new server and tried to install the latest > EBF and it won't work because it is expecting to find ver. 9.02 and I've get ...

PowerBuilder 9.01 and SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0
Will PB 9.01 applications work with SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0 on Windows 2003 server? Documentation says is was tested with SQL Anyhwere Studio 8.02. I haven't had any issues with that combination. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Dan Schuster> wrote in message news:407ab670.2319.846930886@sybase.com... > Will PB 9.01 applications work with SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0 > on Windows 2003 server? Documentation says is was tested > with SQL Anyhwere Studio 8.02. ASA9 is support on Win2003 ( http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html) -- Chris Kea...

Powerbuilder 9 and PVCS
When a user check out an object and modify it, all other users can see ht emodifications even if the object is not check in !!! Is there any way to fix that ? Thanks Seb Seb That certainly isn't supposed to happen and doesn't happen for us using PB9 and Serena Version Manager (which was Merant Version Manager which was PVCS Version Manager). What build of PB9 and what version of PVCS are you using? Have you upgraded from a pre-PB8 version of PowerBuilder? Andrew <Seb> wrote in message news:40bca5d7.6664.1681692777@sybase.com... > When a user check ou...

Powerbuilder 9.01
Anyone know when an official maintenance release for PB 9.0 is coming out? Thanks, Kevin Kevin; Last I heard was sometime in August. regards ... Chris "Kevin Furey" <kfure90@entergy.com> wrote in message news:3f391512$1@forums-2-dub... > Anyone know when an official maintenance release for PB 9.0 is coming out? > > Thanks, > > Kevin > > Saw another post that said it's now been pushed to mid September -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies Inc. "Chris Pollach" <PollachC@S...

Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash...
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... Comments: All versions I've tried since 3.0 are crash happy, on both Windows & Mac. This latest 3.6.13 for Mac OS X is no exception, it's like running alphaware. Just access http://www.blogdelnarco.com (among many others), and within 2-3 seconds she goes Tango Unicorn and dumps you at the desktop. I used to love FF and recommended it to all, but no longer. Really it isn't worth the trouble. What follows is the crash report sent to Apple: Process: firefox-bin [19988] Path: ...

crash crash crash crash CRASH
Name: Pete VANHEE Email: vanhee Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash crash CRASH Comments: please how can I get my old Firefox browser back ? I can't work like this; 3.0 crashes several times a day; it's bloody annoying Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 crashed
Please ignore my previous mail. Hi, I am using powerbuilder 9.0---Build 5507. The powerbuilder getting crashed if I do setpicture in the picture object. But it is crashed only when I do setpicture for the JPEG files having more than 32765 characters or if the resolution of the picture is greater than 800 X 600 or if the picture having pixel size like 3.5 pixel, 5.25 pixel like that. But I want to set the picture in object despite the above conditions. Is there any dlls to solve this issue? Please give me a better solution to solve this issue. FYI. jpeg format 400 X 3...

PowerBuilder 9 keep crashing
Hi, We are using PowerBuilder 9.0.2 Build 7610 on Windows XP SP2 machines. The application we are developing was migrated from PB 8.0.4 Build 10784 and it uses an Oracle 8.1.7 database. We cannont work with it more than one hour because it simply dissapears from the screan and it happens both in IDE or EXE application. The crash is so clean so even Windows XP doesn't see it (it doesn't show the usual error message when an application performes an ilegal operation). Does anyone know this problem ? Thank you. do you have all right dlls? double check the list and ...

Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing
Name: Dale Email: davidsdaleatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Crashing, Crashing, Crashing, ....and more Crashing Comments: To whom it may concern: Please explain to me why does your product crashes so much. Please dont tell me it is my hardware or software. Besides for that, This is one of the best products You can get. I dont want to depart from it. Please help. Thank you in advanced, for your reply. Kind regards -Dale. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.or...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Crashing.
Hi, I am using powerbuilder 9.0---Build 5507. The powerbuilder getting crashed if I do setpicture in the picture object. But it is crashed only when I do setpicture for the JPEG files having more than 32765 characters or if the resolution of the picture is greater than 800 X 600 or if the picture having pixel size like 3.5 pixel, 5.25 pixel like that. But I want to set the picture in object despite the above conditions. Is there any dlls to solve this issue? Please give me a better solution to solve this issue. FYI. jpeg format 400 X 300 ~ 75 kilobytes (kb...

ASA 9.01 crashed
Hello! I tried to run Index Consultant from Interactive SQL version 9.0.1 build 1862. On the second page of wizard after I clicked Next I got error ([Sybase][ODBC Driver] [Adaptive server Anywhere] Communication Error. I run on server console and saw that service is down. Tomaz If this error is reproducible, please submit it as a bug report using CaseXpress, and one of my staff will be happy to look at it. Glenn "Tomaz Kralj" <tomaz.kralj@tpv-jc.si> wrote in news:4118ba50@forums-2-dub: > Hello! > > I tried to run Index Consultant fro...

PowerBuilder 7.01 Crash
I have installed the PowerBuilder 7.00 Update Version and the 7.01 Maintenance release and I am having consistent crashes every time I attempt to "click" on a data column within a datawindow object. This happens on datawindows that have been converted from 5.03 to 7.01 or on brand new datawindows that are created in the new PowerBuilder 7.01 environment. I can "click" and move text fields in the dataobject but if I need to move or edit a data column I will always CRASH with a Dr. Watson access violation (0xc0000005) at address (0x108498a6). I have reinstalled th...

9.01 : modify editmask crashes
Hello, in PB 7.02, I used the following expression : dw_1.modify("number_1.editmask.mask='###,###,###,###.######~tformat'") where 'format' is a string column where I set the format I actually want. in PB 9.00 or 9.01, the same expression crashes the application (DrWatson). Is it something I should not do ? Thank you. Pierre ...

Powerbuilder Maintenance Release 9.01
I have heard that there is a new 9.01 Maintenance Release for Powerbuilder 9. Is this, in fact, true? If so, when will it be available? I have not seen it available for download in the Updates/EBF's link. If anybody knows about the availability of this release, please let me know, because we heard that it addresses some issues that we have discovered during our migration to PB9. Thanks, David Cervenan Senior Programmer/DBA CARC <David Cervenan> wrote in message news:3f54cf51.58b3.846930886@sybase.com... > I have heard that there is a new 9.01 Maintenance Release &g...

Connecting to PVCS from Powerbuilder 9.0
Hi, We have migrated our application from PB 6.5 -> PB 9.0.2 Now in PVCS, a new project is created in one centralized server and all the PB 9.0 Objects are moved under that project. Now in order to check in /check out, we need to connect to that server in powerbuilder 9.0.2 GUI. Can anyone tell the procedure or ways to connect to that server and do the check out/check in Powerbuilder 9.0. Also how about the working pbl concept. can we check out the object to working pbl? Any help is greatly appreciated Kavitha <Kavitha> wrote in message news:42440461.5284....

Web resources about - PB 9.01/PVCS - PB Crashes (See text) - sybase.powerbuilder.general