PB 8.0 crashes during migration from PB 6.5.1

I'm attempting to upgrade our application from 6.5.1 to 8.0. I downloaded
the evaluation version a couple of months ago and tested whether or not I
would have problems and the migration went fine. Now the company has
decided to go ahead with the upgrade to 8.0 and I'm getting Illegal
Operation - "PB80 caused an invalid page fault in
module PBVM80.DLL at 0177:10c74274." when migrating the objects in the
library list using the wizard. I then downloaded the latest patches to
upgrade our build from 6028 to 8004 and this is still occurring.

Any ideas?

TIA for your help.
0
bmlee

Can you tell what object it's blowing up on?  Are you sure you have *all* of
the libraries in the library search path?

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:13:05 -0500,
 <bmlee> wrote:
>I'm attempting to upgrade our application from 6.5.1 to 8.0. I downloaded
>the evaluation version a couple of months ago and tested whether or not I
>would have problems and the migration went fine. Now the company has
>decided to go ahead with the upgrade to 8.0 and I'm getting Illegal
>Operation - "PB80 caused an invalid page fault in
>module PBVM80.DLL at 0177:10c74274." when migrating the objects in the
>library list using the wizard. I then downloaded the latest patches to
>upgrade our build from 6028 to 8004 and this is still occurring.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>TIA for your help.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
12/4/2001 9:15:36 PM
yes, i'm sure i included everything in the library path. i ended up taking
another copy from the production evironment and the migration went fine -
must have had a corrupt object.

thanks for your help!
0
bmlee

[MIGRATION QUESTION] PB 6.5.1 vs PB 8.0.1
Hi everyone, i have a question : We have developped a startegic application for one of our customer. We've developped it using PB 6.5.1 (on Windows NT 4.0) we plan to migrate this application to PB 8.0.1. Does anyone have heard about particuliar problems about PB 8 ? What is your opinion about this new version ? It seems to be faster... Is it stable enough w/ OCXs, etc ? Thanks in advance for any answer ! best regards, Guillaume MAISON In Sybase.Public.EAServer.PowerBuilder I answered another question regarding PB4 to PB8. See that posting for further detai...

Migration: PowerBuilder 6.5.1 to PB 8.0.1
hi all, I am working on migrating the existing PB6.5.1 application to PB8.0.1 Build 9056 on Win 2000 SP1 system. The migration of the application went fine without any problems. After the migration is successful I tried to full rebuild the application(target as in PB8), it results in application being terminated(GPF). But if i choose Incremental rebuild, it the build works fine. The same happens when I try migration on Win 95 system too. Does anybody out here came across such a problem during migration? Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Mahesh Try optimi...

PB GPFs while migrating an app from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.01. The application runs perfectly under PB 5.0.02. While migrating the app, I get the following message: Pb80 has caused an error in PBVM80.DLL. Then PB crashes. Any suggestions? Moreover, does anyone know of some white paper with some advices on migrating apps? Thx Luca Before migrating, you should run the Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools). Make any suggested changes with PB5 before migrating. Of course, backup, backup, backup. Then, optimize all the PBLs and do a Full Rebuild (Library Pain...

Migration form PB 6.5.1 to PB 8.0
Platform : Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Current Scenario : Database : From SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Front End : PowerBuilder - 6.5.1 The above configuration which is in production at our 40 locations and working absolutely fine We now migrated to : Database : From SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to ASA - 7.0.3 Front End : PowerBuilder - 6.5.1 to PB 8.0 Now in this combination some DWs are giving error message : PowerBuilder supports only upto 16 decimals. The same DWs are working absolutely fine in old version. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance -Amar...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 8.0
I migrate my application from PB6.5 to PB 8.0. Should I change my PFC libraries from 6.5 to 8 or migration is enough? I'd consider them separate tasks. Get your app up and running and tested with the PFC6 PBLs, then think about whether you want to upgrade to PFC8 (e.g. to get new bug fixes). If you mix them and run into problems, you'll have a heck of a time trying to figure out which change caused it. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:21:16 -0500, "Stan Shvabskiy" <sshvabskiy@align.com> wrote: >...

Migrating to PB 8.0 from PB 6.5
Is there a migration path or available information to go from PB 6.5 using the PFC to PB 8.0. Also I've just start this with version 8.0 build 6028. From looking at the newsgroup listing it appears there is a most recent version out. I could not find it under downloads. thanks.... Migrating a PFC app from v6.5 to v8.0 is not a problem if carefully planned. We have just completed the process successfuly ourselves. The main issues you will get are that there are a large number of changes made to the PB8.0 PFC libraries from v6.5. You can either: - continue to use the PB6...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Field size issue migrating DWs from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I have just migrated an app from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.1.8004 and I had a problem with the size of fields in some dws. The matter is: I use the FixedSys font for my fields, since it is monospaced and easily readable; now, some fields that are completely readable in the PB5 version became partially hidden in the PB8 version. For example, I have some "year" fields with a width of 147 PBUs and edit mask "####"; while they behave perfectly in the PB5 version, in the PB8 one, when the user tabs to such a field the 4th figure is not visible (say, he sees "200" ...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Web resources about - PB 8.0 crashes during migration from PB 6.5.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

The human migration out of Africa left its mark in mutations
(credit: Wikimedia Commons ) When it comes to evolution, people tend to focus on the big driving force of natural selection, which latches on ...

PAUL RYAN WHINES: Cruz and Sessions Lying About Omnibus Funding New Wave of Muslim Migration
... as “a great victory for the principles Democrats stand for.” Ryan specifically condemned what he termed “hyperbole” surrounding immigration ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

Ancient DNA Traces Irish Roots To Mass Migrations
Geneticists and archaeologists have teamed up to trace the heritage of the Irish all the way to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.