PB 8 to PB 9

Hi,

We have both PB 8 and PB 9.
Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If
yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9?

Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any
function I can use?

Thanks
Lai

0
Lai

Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you.  There's
nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9.

There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9.  However there are
third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and
let it do the spell check for you.

On 1 Apr 2004 17:12:22 -0800, "Lai" <a@a.a> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>We have both PB 8 and PB 9.
>Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If
>yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9?
>
>Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any
>function I can use?
>
>Thanks
>Lai

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups

Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

http://www.needhim.org
0
Bruce

Thanks for your ideas.

For the spell check question, I have used OLE Word method.
But I find that after spell checking, the "Enter" within each paragraphs are
disappeared, can I ask how to solve this problem?

Thanks
Lai

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
??? news:g3sp60h5jcop74detdruqhqqq9fp4v3208@4ax.com ???...
> Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you.  There's
> nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9.
>
> There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9.  However there are
> third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and
> let it do the spell check for you.
>
> On 1 Apr 2004 17:12:22 -0800, "Lai" <a@a.a> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >We have both PB 8 and PB 9.
> >Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If
> >yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9?
> >
> >Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there
any
> >function I can use?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Lai
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> Sixth Annual Sybase Tools Seminar - April 19 - Minneapolis, MN
> http://www.powerobjects.com/seminar/?source=newsgroups
>
> Two new books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

0
Lai

PB 8 or PB 9??
We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003. A few questions: 1. Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet? I'm finding conflicting information. 2. What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable? Any major problems/issues with it? We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB client/server apps. 3. Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Peggy Klinger FirstEnergy Corp. Akron, OH USA 1. Yes PB 9 is GA. 2. Not s...

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

Migrate from PB 9 to PB 8
I have some datawindows created in PB 9. I want to put them in PB 8's application. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks a lot Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup. This group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase DataWindow .NET Webcast December 16, 2004: www.customermining.com/Sybase/NETRegPage.html TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 16 Dec 2004 14:48:53 -0800, Joe wrote: >I hav...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

How convert PB 8 app to PB 9?
I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. How can I convert it? Backup the pbls. Create a target, add the remaining pbls. PB should handle everything. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a439fa1$4@forums-3-dub.sybase.com... >I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. >How can I co...

PB 8 and PB 9 runtime files
I have the PB 8 and PB 9 runtime files in the same directory. Now when starting the PB 9 application get the following message: "target.exe - ordinal not found, the ordinal 33 could not be located in the dynamic link library libjsybheap.dll=94 How can this be corrected? Thanks AFAIK - Use the DLL from v9. You might also want to consider upgrading to a later v8 release as I believe that the later versions contain the same DLL as v9. Alternatively, you might want to create an apppath for your each version of your app and store the distribution DLLs by version - th...

Turn back from PB 9 to PB 8
I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8. Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do it. Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB 8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code? Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going forward? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off! Call 877-357-2093 for more information On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske" <m.schidla...

PB 9.0 / PB 8.x
Can somebody tell me if PB9.0 has been released. If so, is it stable enough or is it too buggy right now ?? And if not for PB9.x, is PB 8.x stable enough...and any reccomendations etc...or thoughts on the usage of PB 7/8x -Ben PB 9's not schedule to be released until near the end of march..Here's the article <BenJoseph> wrote in message news:D664F7F2ACEDA2BA0064C77F85256CE5.0064C78F85256CE5@webforums... > Can somebody tell me if PB9.0 has been released. If so, is it stable enough > or is it too buggy right now ?? > > And if not for PB9.x, is PB 8.x...

PB 8 to PB 9 migration question
I am getting an error when I close down an application that I just migrated from PB 8 to PB 9. Details from the Microsoft error report state that the module is pbdwe90.dll, the version is 9.0.0.5507 and the offset is 00002ca2. This app worked fine in PB 8. Multiple instances of user objects are being destroyed in the close process of the application. Based on some information that I read on the Sybase site, I thought that there might be a chance that upgrading to 9.0.2 might solve the problem since it looked like others had experienced similar problems with 9.0 when memory was b...

Can PB 8 and PB 9 both be installed on the same box?
Are there any shared system DLL's or path/environment variables that would keep someone from installing PB 8 and 9 on the same PC? - g no. <g> wrote in message news:4059c560.31da.846930886@sybase.com... > > Are there any shared system DLL's or path/environment > variables that would keep someone from installing PB 8 and 9 > on the same PC? > > - g htat is, no, there aren't any shared files. Yes, you can install both on same pc. "DT" <david.taylor@integritycompanies.com> wrote in message news:4059c71d$1@forums-1...

PB 9 or PB 9.01
We have an old PB 6.5 app that we want to (finally) migrate to PB 9. Should we go to PB 9.00 or PB 9.01 (which seems to generate a fair number of GPFs from some of the posts we've seen).' Which of the 2 versions of PB 9 are more stable in your opinion? We don't need the new features that much, for us stability is the #1 issue. Frankly speaking, we'd keep it on 6.5 if we could, but that old IDE is so unusable by today's standards that we finally decided to make the jump to version 9. thanks in advance, John Hey John, Stability really depends on your...

Setting Date Format in Excel
Tested in PB 9.02, B 7509. Following works fine: myoleobject.application.workbooks(1).ActiveSheet.Columns("D:L").NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy" Pull up the spreadsheet in Excel and the dates appear in the correct format, as: 25-Feb-05 However, the final app is in PB 8.03, B 9977. Using the same script, the dates appear in Excel as 2/25/2005. The weird thing is , even in Excel, it is not possible to change the format! (Look at the 'format cells' dialog in Excel and it shows the format as 'Date' , '14-Mar-98' , but the date is not in t...

Convert PB 9.0.1 to PB 8.0.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C59D88.FB1C5BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I would like to know how to convert one aplication of PB 9.0.1 to PB = 8.0.1 Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C59D88.FB1C5BE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=...

Web resources about - PB 8 to PB 9 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Botafogo Futebol Clube (PB) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botafogo Futebol Clube , usually known as Botafogo , or as Botafogo da Paraíba , is a Brazilian football club from João Pessoa , Paraíba state ...

Scaling the Facebook Data Warehouse to 300 PB
... At Facebook, we have unique storage scalability challenges when it comes to our data warehouse. Our warehouse stores upwards of 300 PB of Hive ...

PB Wolf (@OleHippieChick) on Twitter

Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

PB Visa Gold Credit Card - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first credit card - Public Bank Visa Gold My First Credit Card: PB Visa Gold

YouTube - 7.00!!! OMG!!! NEW PB! OMG!! OMG!!! SO CLOSE TO SIX!! OOMMGG!!!
Hochgeladen am 12.10.2008 Official OMG Skrillex T-Shirts are available at SkrillexMerch.com. Check them out! This special video has been featured ...

Canberra's Zoe Buckman sets 1500m PB
Canberra's Zoe Buckman set a PB in the 1500m at the Diamond League meet in Oregon on Saturday.

Pacific Basin puts PB Towage up for sale
PACIFIC Basin Shipping says it has hired Citigroup to find buyers for its tug business PB Towage, which operates in Australia, Southeast Asia ...

Review: Aukey’s 12,000mAh PB-N28 is the $25 battery that fully refills any current iPad
Last month, budget charging accessory maker Aukey released PB-N30 , the first external battery with a female Lightning recharging port. For only ...

Chill Out With PB And J In Polar Bowler, A Bowling Game Like No Other
PB and J are back in a brand new game for Apple’s iOS called Polar Bowler . The new app, which promises gamers a bowling game like no other, ...