PB 8 to PB 9 migration question

I am getting an error when I close down an application that
I just migrated from PB 8 to PB 9.  Details from the
Microsoft error report state that the module is pbdwe90.dll,
the version is 9.0.0.5507 and the offset is 00002ca2.  This
app worked fine in PB 8.

Multiple instances of user objects are being destroyed in
the close process of the application.  Based on some
information that I read on the Sybase site, I thought that
there might be a chance that upgrading to 9.0.2 might solve
the problem since it looked like others had experienced
similar problems with 9.0 when memory was being deallocated.
 After recreating the app in 9.0.2,  I still experience the
same problem.

The development environment is Windows 2000, the database is
Oracle which is being accessed through Tuxedo service calls.
 The platform on which I am running the app is Windows XP.

Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank-you!

Jenifer
0
Jenifer

With the exception of a few people at Sybase, no one's going to be
able to tell much from the address of an error.

There are some generic troubleshooting ideas at the Troubleshooting
Guide mentioned below. A PBDEBUG trace is probably in order.

Good luck,

On 3 Dec 2004 05:54:26 -0800, Jenifer
Jenifer.BrimmerAtstandardregister dot com wrote:

>I am getting an error when I close down an application that
>I just migrated from PB 8 to PB 9.  Details from the
>Microsoft error report state that the module is pbdwe90.dll,
>the version is 9.0.0.5507 and the offset is 00002ca2.  This
>app worked fine in PB 8.
>
>Multiple instances of user objects are being destroyed in
>the close process of the application.  Based on some
>information that I read on the Sybase site, I thought that
>there might be a chance that upgrading to 9.0.2 might solve
>the problem since it looked like others had experienced
>similar problems with 9.0 when memory was being deallocated.
> After recreating the app in 9.0.2,  I still experience the
>same problem.
>
>The development environment is Windows 2000, the database is
>Oracle which is being accessed through Tuxedo service calls.
> The platform on which I am running the app is Windows XP.
>
>Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem would
>be greatly appreciated.

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

Migrate from PB 9 to PB 8
I have some datawindows created in PB 9. I want to put them in PB 8's application. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks a lot Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup. This group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase DataWindow .NET Webcast December 16, 2004: www.customermining.com/Sybase/NETRegPage.html TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 16 Dec 2004 14:48:53 -0800, Joe wrote: >I hav...

Migration from PB 7 to PB 8 question
There are two new concepts in PB 8 with which I am not familiar with, namely Workspaces and Targets. Was wondering if someone could give me a little direction. I currently have an applicaiton written in PB 7 that resides in a folder called, lets say, PB7App. I have made a copy of this folder and called it PB8app. This will allow me to keep my original applicaiton in it's pristine form. The application icon that makes it all run is called ws1 and it resides in a pibble called ws1.pbl. Now that I have a folder called PB8app (containing all pibbles etc.) how do I convert it...

PB 8 or PB 9??
We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003. A few questions: 1. Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet? I'm finding conflicting information. 2. What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable? Any major problems/issues with it? We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB client/server apps. 3. Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks! Peggy Klinger FirstEnergy Corp. Akron, OH USA 1. Yes PB 9 is GA. 2. Not s...

PB 8 to PB 9
Hi, We have both PB 8 and PB 9. Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9? Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any function I can use? Thanks Lai Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you. There's nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9. There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9. However there are third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and let it do the spell ch...

Migrate/Upgrade from PB 5.0.xx to PB 8.0/9.0
Hi, I am having the PB 5.0.xx Applications running on my pc at this moment. I have to Migrate/Upgrade them to PB 8/9. What is the best way to get this? Can any one give me some guidance on this? Thanks for your Help in Advance Regards Migrating: - Backup - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages turned on - Backup, send it offside - Run Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools in PB8/9) - Fix the identified issues using PB5 <doublechecking> - Optimize in PB5 - Full Rebuild in PB5, with Information and Warning messages t...

[MIGRATION QUESTION] PB 6.5.1 vs PB 8.0.1
Hi everyone, i have a question : We have developped a startegic application for one of our customer. We've developped it using PB 6.5.1 (on Windows NT 4.0) we plan to migrate this application to PB 8.0.1. Does anyone have heard about particuliar problems about PB 8 ? What is your opinion about this new version ? It seems to be faster... Is it stable enough w/ OCXs, etc ? Thanks in advance for any answer ! best regards, Guillaume MAISON In Sybase.Public.EAServer.PowerBuilder I answered another question regarding PB4 to PB8. See that posting for further detai...

Migration from PB 6 TO PB 8
Are there any technical documents out there that I can use for this migration? I would like to know what pitfalls I need to look out for. Any document on Migration to PB 8 would be helpful. Thanks. It doesn't seem like there's a central place that lists things to watch out for, specially bugs in the new release. Last month, I sent a question asking the following but never got any answer. Sharing what I've encountered so far that are bugs in PB 8. After you migrate, you might want to check the following areas in your GUI. Is there a central location where I can r...

PB 6 to PB 8 Migration
Here is my task. Find a simple way to migrate 20+ apps from PB 6 to PB 8. Any suggestions? Backup and simply open the application in PB8. It's pretty much straightforward. If for some reason something doesn't compile, you can use the Edit Source feature to fix/comment code. Or try to fix the original PB6 code and then migrate again. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder <John_Koprowski> wrote in message n...

Migration from PB 7 to PB 9
We have been using PB 7 for quite some time. Lately one of our larger databases has been getting 'out of memory' errors during a retrieve a data window in our current application. Would upgrading to PB 9 prevent this? In addition, does PB 9 increase response times via ODBC (sql server) v. PB 7? Many thanks. Joe; Make sure that the application's client machine is really running out of memory. May be it's referring to "Out of System Resources". What version of MS-Windows are you using? If you are running out of memory, it may also be due to a low O/...

Migrating from PB 8 to PB 11
Currently we are using PB 8.0.4 and want to migrate to PB 11. Is it possible? Thank you. It should be mostly automatic - open a copy of your pbls in PB11 and watch the wizard work. I emphasize *copy* because while migration seldom fails, when it does the damage is not reversable. The biggest change that may cause headaches is that PB10 and above are unicode - this may affect API calls among other things. Excellent migration guide and features list at www.techno-kitten.com "magotici" <magotici@labstat.com> wrote in message news:471cedc2@forums-1-dub... &...

PB 9 to PB 10 migration
Hi, There seem to be a number of threads on this previously, but having read them I'm still not having any success. I've taken a copy of my app, our corporate later, and the PFC 10 pbls. I then migrate the target. (I've tried with and without the "convert DBCS" option). The migration completes okay, but when I run the app, I get "Cannot assign object of type n_cst_platformunicode to object of type n_cst_platformwin32... in function f_setplatform()..." Now, this sounds similar but perhaps not entirely the same as other peoples issues. Compari...

Migrating PB 7 to PB 8
Hi all, I'm in the process of testing migration of a PB 7 app to PB 8. I had heard before that Sybase was planning to remove the PBL altogether which would facilitate the integration of PVCS or any other version control system with PB. As I looked into PB 8, I still found PBLs and PBDs. Would somebody let me know if there is an option in PB 8 to do away with PBLs? If so, how are objects stored? I would appreciate any help. Thanks! Junaid Siddiqui No, you can't do away with the PBLs. When you set up PVCS and PB, what you actually see in PVCS are the filename.srx (wher...