PB 8 or PB 9??

We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest
release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003.  A few questions:

1.  Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet?  I'm finding conflicting
information.

2.  What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable?  Any major
problems/issues with it?  We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB
client/server apps.

3.  Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Peggy Klinger
FirstEnergy Corp.
Akron, OH USA
0
Peggy_Klinger

1. Yes PB 9 is GA.
2. Not sure of latest build.
3. PB 9 is supported on XP not sure about Windows2003 yet. Pb 8 is not.

I would suggest PB 9, we started developing inn PB 8 with a couple of builds
and found PB 9 to be much more stable then any of the PB 8 builds.

Just my 2 cents.
Tyler

<Peggy_Klinger> wrote in message
> We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest
> release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003.  A few questions:
>
> 1.  Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet?  I'm finding conflicting
> information.
>
> 2.  What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable?  Any major
> problems/issues with it?  We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB
> client/server apps.
>
> 3.  Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003?
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peggy Klinger
> FirstEnergy Corp.
> Akron, OH USA

0
Tyler
6/2/2003 3:26:02 PM
"Tyler Craft" <tyler.craft@gnb.caNo_Spam_Please> wrote in message news:%23Aj4MvRKDHA.280@forums-1-dub...
> 1. Yes PB 9 is GA.
> 2. Not sure of latest build.
> 3. PB 9 is supported on XP not sure about Windows2003 yet. Pb 8 is not.

PB8.0.3 is supported on XP.  Earlier releases are not..

> I would suggest PB 9, we started developing inn PB 8 with a couple of builds
> and found PB 9 to be much more stable then any of the PB 8 builds.

I concur...

> Just my 2 cents.
> Tyler

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Paul
6/2/2003 4:07:05 PM
Sybase's eShop says it's not in GA, but that is wrong.  Dave Fish from
Sybase is looking into getting that corrected.

I would recommend PB 9.

<Peggy_Klinger> wrote in message
> We are currently at PB 7 and are wanting to migrate to either the latest
> release of PB 8 or to PB 9 sometime 3rd quarter 2003.  A few questions:
>
> 1.  Is PB 9 out for General Availability yet?  I'm finding conflicting
> information.
>
> 2.  What is the latest release of PB 8 and is it stable?  Any major
> problems/issues with it?  We're just using PB for maintaining existing PB
> client/server apps.
>
> 3.  Can PB be used on Windows XP or Windows 2003?
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Peggy Klinger
> FirstEnergy Corp.
> Akron, OH USA

0
Daniel

PB 8 to PB 9
Hi, We have both PB 8 and PB 9. Our program is written by PB 8, is it possible to convert it to PB 9. If yes, are there anythings which exists in PB 8 but is obsoleted in PB 9? Also, I would like to perform Spell checking function in PB 8, are there any function I can use? Thanks Lai Open a copy of it in PB9 and it will migrate it for you. There's nothing important I can remember that got depreceated in PB9. There is no build in spell check in PB8 or PB9. However there are third party controls, and you can always use OLE to talk to Word and let it do the spell ch...

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

How to Handel PB Native Source Control When Migrating from PB 8 to PB 9
Is there a special process for migrating and preserving PB Native Source Control History? We are migrating from PB 8 under PB Native Source Control to PB 9. Our plan is to setup a seperate PB 9 machine. Then, checkout all our PB 8 objects on the source machine and copy them over to the PB 9 machine for migration. Once we get a clean build on the PB 9 machine, we would check all the objects back in. Is this the correct way to do it? Thanks, Bob Olsen There should be no need to check the objects out before the migration. I would: - Create a new Local Root Folder for the P...

Migrate from PB 9 to PB 8
I have some datawindows created in PB 9. I want to put them in PB 8's application. Does anyone know how to do it? Thanks a lot Please post this question in the PowerBuilder.DataWindow newsgroup. This group is for DataWindow .NET questions and issues. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase DataWindow .NET Webcast December 16, 2004: www.customermining.com/Sybase/NETRegPage.html TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs DataWindow.NET code examples available on CodeXchange: http://datawindownet.codexchange.sybase.com On 16 Dec 2004 14:48:53 -0800, Joe wrote: >I hav...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

How convert PB 8 app to PB 9?
I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. How can I convert it? Backup the pbls. Create a target, add the remaining pbls. PB should handle everything. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Laurel" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4a439fa1$4@forums-3-dub.sybase.com... >I have the PBLs for a PB 8 application. But I only have PB 9 on my system. >How can I co...

PB 8 and PB 9 runtime files
I have the PB 8 and PB 9 runtime files in the same directory. Now when starting the PB 9 application get the following message: "target.exe - ordinal not found, the ordinal 33 could not be located in the dynamic link library libjsybheap.dll=94 How can this be corrected? Thanks AFAIK - Use the DLL from v9. You might also want to consider upgrading to a later v8 release as I believe that the later versions contain the same DLL as v9. Alternatively, you might want to create an apppath for your each version of your app and store the distribution DLLs by version - th...

Turn back from PB 9 to PB 8
I migrate my Programm from PB 8 to PB 9. But now I want turn back to PB 8. Is it possible to migrate from PB 9 back to PB 8 and what�s the way to do it. Not easily. You can export your objects and try importing them into PB 8 .pbls. Did you keep a backup of your application code? Is there a problem with PB 9 that is preventing you from going forward? Regards, Dave Fish Sybase PowerBuilder Evangelist Still on PB 7.x or earier? Get PB 9.0 for 50% Off! Call 877-357-2093 for more information On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:25:05 +0200, "Manuel Schidlauske" <m.schidla...

PB 9.0 / PB 8.x
Can somebody tell me if PB9.0 has been released. If so, is it stable enough or is it too buggy right now ?? And if not for PB9.x, is PB 8.x stable enough...and any reccomendations etc...or thoughts on the usage of PB 7/8x -Ben PB 9's not schedule to be released until near the end of march..Here's the article <BenJoseph> wrote in message news:D664F7F2ACEDA2BA0064C77F85256CE5.0064C78F85256CE5@webforums... > Can somebody tell me if PB9.0 has been released. If so, is it stable enough > or is it too buggy right now ?? > > And if not for PB9.x, is PB 8.x...

PB 8 to PB 9 migration question
I am getting an error when I close down an application that I just migrated from PB 8 to PB 9. Details from the Microsoft error report state that the module is pbdwe90.dll, the version is 9.0.0.5507 and the offset is 00002ca2. This app worked fine in PB 8. Multiple instances of user objects are being destroyed in the close process of the application. Based on some information that I read on the Sybase site, I thought that there might be a chance that upgrading to 9.0.2 might solve the problem since it looked like others had experienced similar problems with 9.0 when memory was b...

Can PB 8 and PB 9 both be installed on the same box?
Are there any shared system DLL's or path/environment variables that would keep someone from installing PB 8 and 9 on the same PC? - g no. <g> wrote in message news:4059c560.31da.846930886@sybase.com... > > Are there any shared system DLL's or path/environment > variables that would keep someone from installing PB 8 and 9 > on the same PC? > > - g htat is, no, there aren't any shared files. Yes, you can install both on same pc. "DT" <david.taylor@integritycompanies.com> wrote in message news:4059c71d$1@forums-1...

PB 9 or PB 9.01
We have an old PB 6.5 app that we want to (finally) migrate to PB 9. Should we go to PB 9.00 or PB 9.01 (which seems to generate a fair number of GPFs from some of the posts we've seen).' Which of the 2 versions of PB 9 are more stable in your opinion? We don't need the new features that much, for us stability is the #1 issue. Frankly speaking, we'd keep it on 6.5 if we could, but that old IDE is so unusable by today's standards that we finally decided to make the jump to version 9. thanks in advance, John Hey John, Stability really depends on your...

Setting Date Format in Excel
Tested in PB 9.02, B 7509. Following works fine: myoleobject.application.workbooks(1).ActiveSheet.Columns("D:L").NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy" Pull up the spreadsheet in Excel and the dates appear in the correct format, as: 25-Feb-05 However, the final app is in PB 8.03, B 9977. Using the same script, the dates appear in Excel as 2/25/2005. The weird thing is , even in Excel, it is not possible to change the format! (Look at the 'format cells' dialog in Excel and it shows the format as 'Date' , '14-Mar-98' , but the date is not in t...

Convert PB 9.0.1 to PB 8.0.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C59D88.FB1C5BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I would like to know how to convert one aplication of PB 9.0.1 to PB = 8.0.1 Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C59D88.FB1C5BE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=...

Web resources about - PB 8 or PB 9?? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

FBI Recovers Items From San Bernardino Lake
Washington Post FBI Recovers Items From San Bernardino Lake ABC News FBI agents recovered a number of items from a lake in San Bernardino ...

Finally, the CORRECT Star Wars watching order
Fans want to watch the Star Wars films in the most logical order possible, and the debate rages as to what that order is. We're here to help. ...

Final Draft of Climate Change Accord to Be Released on Saturday
New York Times Final Draft of Climate Change Accord to Be Released on Saturday New York Times LE BOURGET, France — Negotiators on Saturday ...

Reality Editor, an iOS app developed by MIT researchers, lets you connect smart objects by drawing lines ...
John Brownlee / Co.Design : Reality Editor, an iOS app developed by MIT researchers, lets you connect smart objects by drawing lines between ...

Fantasy sports sites get temporary stay to continue operation
Mere hours after a Manhattan judge banned fantasy-sports sites FanDuel and DraftKings from operating in the state pending a trial to determine ...

Anger in Greek refugee camp after Idomeni eviction
At least 1,000 refugees have been sent back to Athens, because they are not from Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan.

Bryan Singer Breaks Down the ‘X-Men: Apocalypse’ Trailer
The X-Men: Apocalypse trailer hit the web today, and based on the 200 comments left on that post , it’s fair to say the response has been mixed ...

Elon Musk Forms Nonprofit To Keep AI Beneficial
The concept of artificial intelligence (AI) is an amazing one. Right now computers only do what they are told, but for a computer to eventually ...

Taliban Attack Near Spanish Embassy in Afghanistan Kills 7
The Nation Taliban Attack Near Spanish Embassy in Afghanistan Kills 7 New York Times KABUL, Afghanistan — At least seven people have been ...

Alibaba to acquire South China Morning Post to deepen its media reach
Apart from the newspaper, Alibaba said it will acquire other media assets of the SCMP Group.