PB 8 Library Painter Crashes When Copying an Object

I'm using PB 8 Build 7072 on Windows 2000.  Using the library painter, when
I attempt to copy an object from one pbl to a target pbl that contains an
object with the same name (I want to overwrite the object in the target
pbl), PB crashes.  Is this a know problem and are there any fixes for it?

A quick workaround would be to delete the object in the target pbl before
copying, but I'm migrating a 6.5 PFC-based application.  I have hundreds of
PFE objects to copy into the new PB 8 PFE pbls, overwriting the existing
objects.  And without a complete list of the new objects introduced between
6.5 and 8, I have a very tedious and error prone job on my hands.
0
Jack_Cox

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:23:20 -0400, Jack_Cox wrote:

>I'm using PB 8 Build 7072 on Windows 2000.  Using the library painter, when
>I attempt to copy an object from one pbl to a target pbl that contains an
>object with the same name (I want to overwrite the object in the target
>pbl), PB crashes.  Is this a know problem and are there any fixes for it?
>
>A quick workaround would be to delete the object in the target pbl before
>copying, but I'm migrating a 6.5 PFC-based application.  I have hundreds of
>PFE objects to copy into the new PB 8 PFE pbls, overwriting the existing
>objects.  And without a complete list of the new objects introduced between
>6.5 and 8, I have a very tedious and error prone job on my hands.

I just tried this out, albeit on NT and not 2000, but didn't see a
crash.  What is the current layout of the library painter when this
occurs?  When I try this operation, I am prompted to overwrite the
object in the target PBL, do you see that prompt or does the crash
come before that?

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
0
joneil
10/15/2001 4:08:41 PM
Thanks for the response, Jim.

I'm using the default layout (with the tree and list view panes open).  I
do not get the prompt for overwrite, just some sort of
system error message:

Title Bar: pb80.exe - Application Error
Text:  The instruction at "0x43465038" referenced memory at "0x43465038".
The memory could not be "read".

By the way, this did NOT happen in the previous build (7039?).
0
Jack_Cox
10/15/2001 10:16:20 PM
What build are you using currently?  my test was on 7072.

Is there a particular type of object (or name of object) that causes
this problem, or does it happen on ANY object?

Are you using drag and drop to copy the object?   are you dragging
from the treeview to the listview or vice versa?  does that even
matter?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:16:20 -0400, Jack_Cox wrote:

>Thanks for the response, Jim.
>
>I'm using the default layout (with the tree and list view panes open).  I
>do not get the prompt for overwrite, just some sort of
>system error message:
>
>Title Bar: pb80.exe - Application Error
>Text:  The instruction at "0x43465038" referenced memory at "0x43465038".
>The memory could not be "read".
>
>By the way, this did NOT happen in the previous build (7039?).

0
joneil

PB crashes on library painter open
Everytime I try to open the Library painter in PB I get a bad memory reference error and PB crashes. It does't seem to matter what application I am looking at. Anyone have any ideas? Delete the following registry key -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase - http://my.sybase.com "James Watson" <james.watson@amsinc.com> wrote in message news:L#LwwfpQAHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Everytime I try to open the Library painter in PB I get a bad memory > reference er...

PB 8 GPF when opening Library Painter
Hi, I have had (and solved) this problem before, but for some reason this time I can not seem to fix it. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions for what I should try. When I open the Library painter PB GPFs. I have gone into the registry and cleaned out all of the Layout settings that are usually the culprit, but this hasn't helped. (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\Layout\Default\Library.. .. and any other ones that looked like they may have anything to do with the Library painter) I can open any other painter, it's just the Libra...

Library painter error. PB 8.0.4
Hi All. I use PB 8.0.4 Build 10691 on Win XP Pro (SP1). Every time when I try to open Library Painter I get a message. "Sybase Inc. Product File has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Error signature AppName: pb80.exe AppVer: 8.0.1.8004 ModName: pbvm80.dll ModVer: 8.0.4.10691 Offset: 0004b9f0 Technical details (file appcompat.txt) <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?> <DATABASE> <EXE NAME="pb80.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY"> <MATCHING_FILE NAME...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2 crashes in Library Painter
I have recently upgraded from PB 7.0.1 to PB 7.0.2. While in the Library painter if I set my working library to an existing library and then right click upon the project Icon in the library I get an "Unhandled exception in PB70.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation", I then enter the C++ debugger. This also occurs on my machine in IM 7.0.2 which was also upgraded from 7.0.1. Is this a known upgrade issue? Has anybody else had this occur? Any known workaorunds? Thanks in advance, Todd Keen Cisco Systems Inc. toddk@cisco.com "Todd Keen" <toddk@c...

PB 7
This is a problem I have encountered and it's fix, FYI. I had to do some maintenance work on some older PowerBuilder code today, but whenever I would right-click on any PowerBuilder object in the library painter, this caused an Application Error and PowerBuilder would can out. (Win9x Series:) invalid page fault (WinNT Series:) Application Error The problem occurrs when you have MORE THEN ONE COPY of the PowerBuilder DLLs in your path (or if you've got a really bizare setup, one copy of the PowerBuilder DLLs split across multiple folders in your path) To find out thi...

Opening a window object crashes PB 8.0.2
Hi all! I have a window object in my application, which makes the PowerBuilder 8.0.2 to crash every time I try to open it for editing. This window object is quite large, and contains much datawindows. Regeneration of this window object does not give any errors or warnings. This window object can be edited with "Edit Source", and saved normally without errors and warnings. The application can be compiled normally, and it is 100% functional. This window object has been migrated previously from 6.5 to 8.0, but the crashing problem appeared later. But if I'm tryi...

Library Painter Right Mouse Click on Object PB Boms
I am running PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 in WIndows 95. When I right mouse click on any object in the Library Painter to bring up the menu popup window for an object, PowerBuilder boms with a application error. I have deleted the Layouts folder in the Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\sybase\powerbuilder\7.0 This did not solve the problem. What do I need to do to solve this problem? Tnaks. Steve. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I believe that was fixed in C3. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) P...

PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0
Hi, I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0. It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ? Thanks, Mohan Same as any other version: - backup - optimize all PBLs - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as much as possible in original version - full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new - backup, backup, backup - migrate - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you ca...

PB 8.01 system tree bug copying/deleting objects
I don't know if this is a problem new to you? I've got system tree open with one application target. I've got lib painter open and copy an object from a class not in library list to a PBL in library list via drag and drop. In system tree, I open the copy and save it in the same target PBL giving it another name. The I delete the target object from my copy operation inside system tree. What happens is that the object gets deleted from the origin PBL of my copy operation, which is *not* in my library list even, I talk about the PBL I copied *from* only open in libra...

PB 9.0.2 crashes when trying to open the library painter
Don't know what to do. I have done Full build with no errors, optimizing all pbl's and restarting the computer several times. I can run the application but as soon as I'm trying to open the library painter it crashes. All other painters work fine. I have no idea so ever what could have caused this problem. TIA Ingela try running regedit and deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default\Library "Ingela" <ingela.hallgren@tab.se> wrote in message news:43bcef12$1@forums-2-dub... > Don't know what to do. I have d...

PB 8 crash with > 8100 chars in target library list
Hi everybody. We have a problem. If target's LibList is more than about 8174 chars PB crashes. We need to have a Library List more lenght. We have a project with 384 PBLs and the path of any pbl is not very short. Thanks. In Solved Cases I've found this (it's like mine): -- Reference Case#: 41087916 Product: PowerBuilder Enterprise -- for Windows -- Case Description: -- PB 8.0 - PB carshes when trying to migrate an application -- with very long library list. Application consisted of 205 -- pbls and was being migrated from PB 6.5 -- Tip or Workaro...

PB 8.0 to synchronize local pbl copies/objects from command line?
My project is a multi-user development environment with PVCS as the version source control system. In the old PB 6.5 environment, all the pbls/objects were contained in a master source network folder and were all registered with PVCS. To 'get' the current version of an object, it only required copying the object from the corresponding pbl in the master source folder (always the current source control version). In the PB 8.0 environment, it looks like this is complished by selecting the local copy of the object and synchronizing it with the version in source control...

Takes too much of time to open library painter in PB 8.0.3
Guys, It takes too much of time to open libaray painter in pb 8.0.3. I am trying to acces libraries which are in network ...but it takes too much time...is it a general issues with pb8.0.3??????????? Any help please............... Thanks, Dan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Are they under SCC ? There are known issue with PB8 and SCC in regards to the library painter. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Dan" <dhan_vg@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Web resources about - PB 8 Library Painter Crashes When Copying an Object - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library's collection can include books , periodicals , newspapers , manuscripts , films , maps , prints , documents , microform , CDs , cassettes ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A library is an organized collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or ...

Library of Australian science and Fenner Archive closed
A decision to close the Academy of Science's library of scientific manuscripts and personal papers has upset scientists.

National Library publishes New Year Surprise by Christopher Cheng and Di Wu
Di Wu channelled his childhood experiences of celebrating Chinese New Year in the cold climate of northern China to illustrate his latest book. ...

Celestial Empire exhibition brings Qing dynasty to the National Library
Celestial Empire: Life in China, 1644-1911 puts the spotlight on almost 300 years of China's Qing dynasty. Crowds flocked to the National Library ...

Feature Request: iCloud Photo Library needs a purge downloads button à la Google Photos
I’ve been all in on iCloud Photo Library since Apple replaced iPhoto with the new Photos app on the Mac last year and I haven’t looked back since. ...

Carry your entire ePub library in your pocket with Hyphen
... eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks Goodreads Book Recommendations and Reviews for great Books and eBooks Carry your entire ePub library ...

SOM creates circular library in Chicago’s Chinatown
SOM incorporated principles from Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese design philosophy, while conceiving the new Chinatown Branch Library in Chicago ...

NY Public Library releases 180,000 free public domain pictures
The New York Public Library has made 180,000 old-timey, out-of-copyright pictures available as high-res downloads through its Digital Collections ...