PB 7.02 and the PB O84 Oracle driver not checking SQL's

Did I miss something?

We were running PB 7.02 with the O73 driver and it would check the SQL for
validity.  I change to the the O84 driver and it does not check for SQL.

I can purposely put an invalid column name in a SQL in some Powerscript, it
will give a error/warning with the O73 driver.  I change to the O84 driver
and it will compile without error/warning?

I also checked my executables, and they have similiar problems, I get errors
with the O73 drivers and not with the O84 drivers.

Do I need to set a switch somewhere?

Paul Watje
pwatje@bigfoot.com

0
Paul

Got a response from Sybase.  The Oracle 8.04 middleware does not check the
columns and tables names of the sql.  It only checks the syntax of the SQL
statement.  Sybase says Oracle did this to improve performance, and I can
believe it.  Oracle 8 is much slower than Oracle 7.

"Paul Watje" <pwatje@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Did I miss something?
>
> We were running PB 7.02 with the O73 driver and it would check the SQL for
> validity.  I change to the the O84 driver and it does not check for SQL.
>
> I can purposely put an invalid column name in a SQL in some Powerscript,
it
> will give a error/warning with the O73 driver.  I change to the O84 driver
> and it will compile without error/warning?
>
> I also checked my executables, and they have similiar problems, I get
errors
> with the O73 drivers and not with the O84 drivers.
>
> Do I need to set a switch somewhere?
>
> Paul Watje
> pwatje@bigfoot.com

0
Paul

Web resources about - PB 7.02 and the PB O84 Oracle driver not checking SQL's - sybase.powerbuilder.general