PB 7.02-8046 DW GPF's

Hi All

Has anybody been experiencing GPF's when trying to open/create DW's under
build 8046 and if so, what exactly did you do to cure it? This started
yesterday (*all* copies of PB within 4 hours!) and we were only able to
continue development by going to 7.03 C5 (10047) which has introduced a
number of other GPF's. We would actually like to remain on 8046 for now as
it has been very stable up to now.

Any help appreciated.
Bruce Nordstrand

0
Bruce

Forgot more relevent info:

Windows 2000 Pro SP1. Tried all the registry tricks, regening, export/import
etc etc. 8046 on the same code base works fine under NT4 SP5. All of this
just started- we've been happily (;-)) developing up to now.

Thanks
Bruce

"Bruce Nordstrand" <brucen@iab.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Has anybody been experiencing GPF's when trying to open/create DW's under
> build 8046 and if so, what exactly did you do to cure it? This started
> yesterday (*all* copies of PB within 4 hours!) and we were only able to
> continue development by going to 7.03 C5 (10047) which has introduced a
> number of other GPF's. We would actually like to remain on 8046 for now as
> it has been very stable up to now.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Bruce Nordstrand

0
Bruce
6/28/2001 6:34:57 AM
I have W2K Service Pack 1, PB 7.0.2 b.8046,
really the most stable build I know more stable than 7.0.3
.... and newer.
Did you try to reinstall PB
I made some attempt with newer versions  ....
When I went back, I completely reinstall PB ... and everything is OK up to
now.
Or you should try to migrate to 10047 then open DW make Options - Layout
default save it and migrate back to 8046 .... It should work ...

HTH

Michal

brucen@iab.com.au (Bruce Nordstrand) wrote in
<bEgPk85$AHA.193@forums.sybase.com>:

>Forgot more relevent info:
>
>Windows 2000 Pro SP1. Tried all the registry tricks, regening,
>export/import etc etc. 8046 on the same code base works fine under NT4
>SP5. All of this just started- we've been happily (;-)) developing up to
>now.
>
>Thanks
>Bruce
>
>"Bruce Nordstrand" <brucen@iab.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi All
>>
>> Has anybody been experiencing GPF's when trying to open/create DW's
>> under build 8046 and if so, what exactly did you do to cure it? This
>> started yesterday (*all* copies of PB within 4 hours!) and we were
>> only able to continue development by going to 7.03 C5 (10047) which
>> has introduced a number of other GPF's. We would actually like to
>> remain on 8046 for now as it has been very stable up to now.
>>
>> Any help appreciated.
>> Bruce Nordstrand

0
michal
6/28/2001 9:15:55 AM
By registry tricks, I'm assuming you meant deleting the layout key. If not, go
in and delete the Layout key.

Did you by any chance install either W2K SP1, or MSOffice on these machine just
prior to the problem?

regards,
Bill

--
Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com

Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill
6/28/2001 2:16:24 PM
Bill

Registry - yes, deleted the key as described - no luck. As for installing,
nothing new was done on any of the machines. As PB tries to open the DW and
while the message "connecting to the database..." displays it GPF's - I am
thinking ODBC drivers too (I take it this was your slant on SP1/MSO). We use
ASA 6.03. Another line I am going down is that we were "hacked" over the
last weekend. Strange thing is though 2 of the machines were turned off
until Tuesday but displayed the same symptoms when started. I am at home now
with W2KP SP1, PB7EE 8046 with the same code base and everything works fine.
Back to the search in the morning!....

Regards
Bruce

"Bill Green[TeamSybase]" <bill.green@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
> By registry tricks, I'm assuming you meant deleting the layout key. If
not, go
> in and delete the Layout key.
>
> Did you by any chance install either W2K SP1, or MSOffice on these machine
just
> prior to the problem?
>
> regards,
> Bill
>
> Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>
> > Forgot more relevent info:
> >
> > Windows 2000 Pro SP1. Tried all the registry tricks, regening,
export/import
> > etc etc. 8046 on the same code base works fine under NT4 SP5. All of
this
> > just started- we've been happily (;-)) developing up to now.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Bruce
> >
> > "Bruce Nordstrand" <brucen@iab.com.au> wrote in message
> > > Hi All
> > >
> > > Has anybody been experiencing GPF's when trying to open/create DW's
under
> > > build 8046 and if so, what exactly did you do to cure it? This started
> > > yesterday (*all* copies of PB within 4 hours!) and we were only able
> > > continue development by going to 7.03 C5 (10047) which has introduced
> > > number of other GPF's. We would actually like to remain on 8046 for
now as
> > > it has been very stable up to now.
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated.
> > > Bruce Nordstrand
> > >

> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
> http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/
>

> Good Links to know, good places to go:
>
> Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
> Find things like:
> -- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
> -- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
> -- Components, White papers, articles and more
> -- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
> -- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
>
> PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
>
> Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
> Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bruce
6/28/2001 3:15:02 PM
Certainly sounds wierd. Can you connect to your DB from the ODBC Administrator?
Perhaps try reinstalling the ODBC drivers on one of the machines to see if that
fixes it. It's *very* strange that it happened to all four machines at pretty
much the same time. PowerBuilder's registry/stability problems are absolutely
notorious for NOT being consistent across environments/machines.

regards,
Bill

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:

> [...]
> > -- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
> > -- Components, White papers, articles and more
> > -- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
> > -- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
> >
> > PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
> >
> > Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
> > Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

6/28/2001 4:17:30 PM
Bill

Yup, can connect to the DB with ODBC, ISQL and Central. Here's the wierd
bit - the app runs (from within development) on all machines, you can even
open up user objects with DW's on them. It's just when opening the DW itself
in maintenance mode (or trying to save a created one). I'll dig further and
if I come to a definitive solution I will post for all to see!

> [...]
> > > -- Components, White papers, articles and more
> > > -- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
> > > -- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
> > >
> > > PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
> > >
> > > Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
> > > Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com
> > >

> --
> Bill Green[TeamSybase]
> Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
> http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/
>

> Good Links to know, good places to go:
>
> Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
> Find things like:
> -- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
> -- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
> -- Components, White papers, articles and more
> -- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
> -- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

6/28/2001 4:38:50 PM
Do a scan on the PB*.dll's. Perhaps you got an additional copy in your PB7
directory somehow.

Bill

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:

> [...]
> > -- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
> > -- Components, White papers, articles and more
> > -- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
> > -- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)
> >
> > PFC Guide - http://www.pfcguide.com
> >
> > Power3 - Custom Training  - http://www.power3.com
> > Bill Green @ Power3 - wgreen@power3.com

Bill Green[TeamSybase]
Vote Now: Readers Choice Awards
http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2001/

Good Links to know, good places to go:

Developer stuff on my.sybase.com - Sign up, visit often
Find things like:
-- EAServer 3.6.1 maintenance release is available
-- PowerBuilder 7.03 maintenance release available
-- Components, White papers, articles and more
-- Web DataWindow Article Series (Author: Larry Cermak)
-- Jaguar Agent for Web Servers (HTTP access to PB components)

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder Attributes again. Anyone else have this problem? -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's
[Originally posted to pb.general with no reply. Hoping someone here can shed some light.] We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852. DW's generate fine using AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's: The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo) Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder...

PB 7.02 GPF's in PBODB70.
Hello, I just installed maintenance release 7.02 (build 8003). Now my application GPF's. Module PBODB70.DLL address 0167:10c505ef. Does anybody knows how to fix this major problem !! Regards, Johan Bakker Pragmatic. Did you rebuild your app? Johan Bakker wrote: > Hello, > > I just installed maintenance release 7.02 (build 8003). Now my application > GPF's. > Module PBODB70.DLL address 0167:10c505ef. > > Does anybody knows how to fix this major problem !! > > Regards, > Johan Bakker > Pragmatic. -- Bill Green[Team...

GPF's In PB DLL's
Hello, I have posted already regarding a gpf we encounter in pbrte050.dll. We are currently in the midst of researching several gpf's that are occuring in different PowerBuilder dlls when running our application. We are using PB 5.0.03 (32 Bit) with SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 (build 884). The following are the regularly reported gpfs we are seeing: APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBRTF050.DLL @ 0137:10d01c9e APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 0137:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVALID PAGE FAULT IN MODULE PBDWE050.DLL @ 014F:115e6d2a APP CAUSED AN INVA...

PB 7.02 and the PB O84 Oracle driver not checking SQL's
Did I miss something? We were running PB 7.02 with the O73 driver and it would check the SQL for validity. I change to the the O84 driver and it does not check for SQL. I can purposely put an invalid column name in a SQL in some Powerscript, it will give a error/warning with the O73 driver. I change to the O84 driver and it will compile without error/warning? I also checked my executables, and they have similiar problems, I get errors with the O73 drivers and not with the O84 drivers. Do I need to set a switch somewhere? Paul Watje pwatje@bigfoot.com Got a respons...

PB 7.02 composite reports not autosizing? Also, 'case' option for a dw column.
The number of rows displayed in the nested dw is not 'growing' based on the number of rows retrieved, so only the rows that 'fit' into the dw are being displayed. Increase the size of the nested report as it lies on the main dw and you see more rows accordingly. Also, I cannot for the life of me change the 'case' (upper,lower,any) for a dw column that is a dddw edit style that allows editing. No matter how I try and save it, it reverts back to what it was. Has any one else seen either of these, or am I losing my mind? should I just go home early? We have ...

How to convert MS SQL's 'smalldatetime' to PB 'date' in DW?
Suppose I have a Powerbuilder datawindow with a column of type 'date'. I also have a MS SQL 7 database table with a column of type 'date' where 'date' is a MS SQL's user defined type which maps to MS SQL's 'smalldatetime'. Now I retrieve the datawindow. On Windows XP Professional in the datawindow I have a beautiful date, let's say '1-2-03' but on Windows 95 I have garbage: '??-??-1241' or similar. Here is my question: how to convert the MS SQL's 'smalldatetime' value to the PB 'date' type 'on-the...

PB 7 and GPF's, what else?
Hello all, I have been hesitant to use PB 7, based upon most of what I have been reading over the past year. (And I've been using PB since 3). Between the memory leaks that seem to be there and everything else, I'm real frustrated. I attempted to migrate a PFC application from 6.5 to 7.0. The migration when fine. The PFC libraries are from PB 7. My build is 7021, downloaded from the Sybase Developer's Site PC is a Dell 400 mz, 128 megs RAM, Win 95. The program compiles just fine, but when I run it in any mode (compiles, debug, etc.) I get the following right af...

A lot of GPF's in PB 7.0
Hi All, I'm using PB 7.0 Build 7024 on a W98 machine. I'm expericing a lot of GPF's during devolopment when I change from one script to another or is doing more than a few design changes to datawindows. I have like 10-15 GPF's a day. And so does my team-mates. Does anyone know why PB 7.0 is so unstable. Have the product been tested at Sybase in realistict development fases ??? Why can't you 'cancel' a global search from the library painter ? I really like PowerBuilder as product - I just hate when things aren't running stable and aren't test...

PB 7.0
I'm new to all of this, and I did browse everywhere it seems... What is the easiest way to create and display an updateable datawindow in a web browser. I feel that I must have missed something in my reading. Is there a working 7.0 example somewhere? Platform is PB 7.0, IIS (using cgi), and ASA. Thanks Glenn Miller ...

Composite dw's in PB 7.0
Has anyone got composite dw's which have multiple retrieval arguments to work in PB 7.0? I enter in the args for the composite dw but right after I enter in the first arg for the nested dw a "'(' expected after function name' error pops up. I know about the create in 6.5 -> migrate to 7.0 workaround but was hoping someone had found a solution in 7.0. -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

Using 6.5 DW's in 7's HTML and ActiveX DataWindows
PB 7 has the new HTML DataWindow and the ActiveX DataWindow. Both just read PBD's to extract a specific datawindow to process. Question: Can these new facilites read PB 6.5 datawindows? This would be nice to ease transition. We can still develop DW's in 6.5 until we thing 7.0 is stable and we can distribute to our developers. Don Weimann 1. No, it won't read PB7 datawindows. HTMLDW is implemented by adding properties to the datawindow object. 2. PB7 is, AFAIK, rather stable. I've invested a great deal of time to ensure that it, and in particular, the HTM...

dw event 'sqlpreview' problem in PB 7.0 and 7.01 maint
Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no script,but I puts any script(even a comment character), it works normaly! Please fix this problem as soon as possibile ! Nick, I am not aware of this problem, but if indeed it does exist, this is not the forum to receive Sybase technical support or fixes for software bugs. Please open a case with Sybase Technical Support at 1-800-8-SYBASE to pursue. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support Nick wrote: > Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no > script,...

how to export dw's to PDF file with PB 7 ?
Can I to export data to PDF file with PB 7, it�s posible??? Thanx for the help... Daveloper the following message is from a previously posted message. hth Just FYI: there is a nice and free (NO ADS!) PDF printer driver available: http://www.acrosoftware.com/Download.htm To me it produces excellent (better than pdf995) PDF output. You can provide your users (or yourself) with the ability to save/print your DWs in PDF without additional expense on any PB). "David Pardo Figueroa Vara" <dpardofigueroa@mef.gob.pe> wrote in message news:3fa...

Web resources about - PB 7.02-8046 DW GPF's - sybase.powerbuilder.general