PB 7.0.2 invalid datawindow row/column

Using PB 7.0.2 build 8003 and ASA 7.0.0.313

I just migrated the application from PB 6.5.1 to PB 7.0.2. Migration was
succesfull. Now running the application result in the message "invalid
datawindow row/column...". Put back the copy and started again with PB
6.5.1. everything works fine.

When the field is op type CharVar(40) we get an error at line:
dw_installatie.GetItemString(1, "name")
name = CharVar(40).

Skipping this line the application runs till we read the next CharVar
variable.

In PB6.5.1. everything works fine.

Thanks

Eric

0
Eric

I haven't seen any PB7 bug that would produce this. Some things I'd
check for would be

- Duplicate objects: Make sure there are none (PBL Peeper, see below,
can help you with this) or at least make sure the library path is
identical in both contents and sequence to the previous version.

- Check the assigned dataobject: In the debugger, check the dataobject
attribute on the datawindow/datastore (you don't mention which is
producing the problem). In addition, put a debugging line of code in
that would pump Describe ("datawindow.syntax") out to the clipboard
just before the error. (No telling what changes could have been made
to the datawindow before you hit this line).

- Row Number: Of course, check the RowCount(), FilteredCount() or
DeletedCount(), depending on the buffer you're accessing, to make sure
the row *is* valid. If you've moved up databases, maybe you're missing
some data you were getting before.

BTW, if you're migrating now, I'd move to the 7.0.2 C4 release (build
9028). People that were having problems are generally much happier
since 8046. Also keep your eye open for 7.0.3, whose only schedule at
the moment is "soon" and "when it's ready".

Good luck,

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000 14:26:43 +0100, Eric Verhorstert <info@farm.nl>
wrote:

>Using PB 7.0.2 build 8003 and ASA 7.0.0.313
>
>I just migrated the application from PB 6.5.1 to PB 7.0.2. Migration was
>succesfull. Now running the application result in the message "invalid
>datawindow row/column...". Put back the copy and started again with PB
>6.5.1. everything works fine.
>
>When the field is op type CharVar(40) we get an error at line:
>dw_installatie.GetItemString(1, "name")
>name = CharVar(40).
>
>Skipping this line the application runs till we read the next CharVar
>variable.
>
>In PB6.5.1. everything works fine.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit,
winner of PowerTimes 1999 "Little Helper of the Year"
0
Terry

Invalid DW row/column
What does it mean when I run the application and I get "Invalid dw row/column specified etc.." in the itemchanged event but when I use the debugger, the itemchanged event is ignored and I do not get the error. Here is the code: dw_1.Setcolumn("rcld") - this is then supposed to trigger the itemchanged event..... this.GetItemString(row,"rcld") - the system crashes here. I am using PB 7.0.1. One thing to note, this exact code works in PB 6.5.1 Thanks, Anika Adams-Reefer. Check the value in 'row' if the event is fired by your code then ...

PB 7.0.2 Datawindow Column Name Length
When creating a datawindow with joined tables in 7.0.2 a problem was encountered with the length of the table/column name. The combined length of the qualified column name (table name + column name) is 43 charactors (as appears in the DB Name area). But the column name referenced by Powerbuilder is truncated at 40. Is this a setting that may be changed to allow support for long names or is this a fixed limitation of datawindow column names? Thank you in advance. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Not that I'm ...

Invalid DW row/column specified
What does it mean when I run the application and I get "Invalid dw row/column specified etc.." in the itemchanged event but when I use the debugger, the itemchanged event is ignored and I do not get the error. Here is the code: dw_1.Setcolumn("rcld") - this is then supposed to trigger the itemchanged event..... this.GetItemString(row,"rcld") - the system crashes here. I am using PB 7.0.1. One thing to note, this exact code works in PB 6.5.1 Thanks, Anika Adams-Reefer. I would suggest: if dw_1.AcceptText() > 0 then this.GetIte...

PB 7.0.2 can not find PB 7.0 install
I am still working through this with tech support but so far have not found a solution. I have installed the desktop version of PB 7.0. After doing so I try to install the PB 7.0.2 maintenance release. I am told by the install software that I do not have a ledgimate version of PB 7.0 or 7.01 and the install is broken off abruptly. Of course I do have 7.0 installed. This is happening on a Win95 and Win98 machine, though it does not happen on a Win 4.0 (sp6a) machine. Is the 7.02 version you have for Desktop? Woody Splawn wrote: > I am still working through this wi...

Migrate from PB 7.0.2 Build 8046 to PB 7.0.3 Build 10009
Is it a good move ? I use PB 7.0.2 C3 Build 8047 on Windows NT 4 sp 6a, but I want to move to Windows 2000 soon. I read than only the version 7.0.3 and above are Windows 2000 compilant. Do I have to expect some problems if I move to the version 7.0.3 Build 10009 than I dwonloaded from the sybase web site. Thank for your answers... Franc. Hi, I don't know if there is a technical problem. But my app. and PB works on Winnt 4.0 and Win2K server very fine. And i've don't received any problem reports since a long time. (The versions i've tested are 7.0, 7.0.2 ...

What Does PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Fix From 7.0?
Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 fixes from 7.0? Thanks... Cayce http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/eastudio/35EBF1/pb702_ebf_8011.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Cayce Cook" <ccook@linnet.ca> wrote in message news:UGpDliNl$GA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 > fixes from 7.0? > > > Thanks... > Cayce > > ...

Invalid DataWindow row/column #2
I need some help. I have a DW that is using two tables joined together. The tables are called "sieves" and "sievespecs". Sieves has fields (sieveid, size) Sievespec has fields (sievespecid, sieveid, spec, low, high, plantprodid) Within the open script for the window is the following code segment: The dw has be retrieved and displays the correct information: IF ll_rows < 1 THEN ll_rows = dw_sievesize.RowCount() DO UNTIL i = ll_rows +1 dw_sievedata.insertrow(0) dw_sievedata.SetFocus() s1= dw_sievesize.GetItemNumber(ll_rows,"sievespec_sievespe...

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3
Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem...

Any surprises upgrading 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? Can I revert back to 7.0.2?
Has anybody out there run into any issues going from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3? I've gone through the readme, but I was just curious if there were any surprises I should know about first. Is 7.0.3 any more stable? I'm really getting tired of the constant crashing under Win98SE. If I have problems with 7.0.3, can I revert to 7.0.2 by restoring a backup of the Sybase\Powerbuilder 7.0 and the Sybase\Shared\Powerbuilder folders? TIA - Dave I don't suppose you want to hear that you've been putting yourself through a year of torture since Sybase put out 7.0.2/C3 that really ...

About Datawindow
Hi, I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL 7.0. I am passing arguments to the stored procedure. When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data. This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script. What is going wrong ? Thanks in advance. Sorry Guys , I found the problem. Don't worry about it! LNN wrote in messag...

PB 7.0.2 and MS SQL Server 7.0
Hello everyone, I am running PB 7.0.2 (Build 8046) and I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0 database. I can connect to the database via ODBC with no problems, but when I attempt to use the MS SQL Client Software 7.0, I get an error "Could not connect to database." Is SQL Client Software v7.0 even supported with PB 7x or do I have to go to 6.0 of SQL Client? -- Thanks, Daryl L. Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. E-mail: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com Website: SoftwareSpectrum.com Voice: (972) 864-5114 Fax: (972) 864-3292 ...

Web resources about - PB 7.0.2 invalid datawindow row/column - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo