PB 7.0.1 - solving the memory leak problem (when connecting to the MS SQL Server 6.5)...

Hi,

   I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when
connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest
releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys.

   When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have
atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA
transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm =
"AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog
under "Network" tabpage Enter something in your application name (your
application name...) & in workstation name enter your userid.

   I tried this & my memory leak problem is long gone (atleast the problems
related to database & datawindow).

   Hope this helps.

   Thanks. Bye.

   With Regards,

   Jeinutheen Mohamed.

0
Jeinutheen

Problems with PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I just started working with MSSS 7.0 and immediately ran into problems. I am not comfortable with the work-arounds, so if anyone can give me a better way to solve these problems, I am listening. 1) I get an ODBC 22008 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows datetime values with a 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.ffffff' format. MS SQL Server can only handle three decimals. So, I changed the PBDateTime setting in the pbodb60.ini file to 'yyyy-mm-dd hh:mi:ss.fff'. Problem circumvented. 2) I get an ODBC 37000 error from my imbedded sql. The pbtrace.log shows datatime bin...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Datetime problem w/ PB 6.5.1 and MS SQL Server 7.0
I am trying to convert a PB 6.5.1 Application to a MS SQL Server 7.0 DB using ODBC. I am getting an error message when trying to insert any datetime fields into the DB. The error is: Error Code: 241,0 Error Description SQLSTATE = 22008 "Syntax error converting datetime from character string" The value in the datetime field that appears to be passed from the DW is... {ts '2001-05-18 00:00:00.000000'} Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Derek Based on the value, it appears to be a timestamp rather than a datetime. Try running a trac...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

connection problem from PB 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0
I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB development Environment from Database painter. SQLState S1003 Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. Your help much appreciated. Upgrade to 6.5.1 Syed <syedibrahim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:UNYhqTUR$GA.191@forums.sybase.com... > I experience this problem when trying to connect to MS SQL 7.0 from PB > development Environment from Database painter. > > SQLState S1003 > Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager PRogram Type out of Range. > > Your help much appr...

Problems with PB 6.5 an MS SQL server 7.0
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------0750141F83AAE38789D43ED0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I use PB 6.5 Eterprise, build 444 and MS SQL Server 7.0 First after installing new *.dll's from EBF 620, i could connect to the database. But I have som problem getting data from the database. From my code: is_navn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_navn.Text)) + "%", 34) is_fornavn = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_fornavn.Text)) + "%", 34) is_adresse = Left(Trim(Upper(sle_adresse.Text)) + "%", 34) is_postnr = ...

Problems to connect a PB 5.04 with MS SQL Server 7.0
I possess PB 5.04 and I need to connect with MS SQL Server 7.0 he/she saw ODBC. I am using the connection file with the MS SQL server: SQLSRV32.DLL 3.70.06.23 11/05/1999 ODBC 3.510.3513.0 When I execute the application for PB in Windows 95 it works, but when I try to execute by Windows 98 and I give retrieve in any datawindow he/she doesn't appear the data. Seemingly the I am supported it connected, mistake didn't come back. To use sql embeded doesn't also work, coming back garbage. Thank you, Francisco Freitas ODBC 3.x added some new datatypes that older v...

PB 7.0 App Having Login Problems with 6.5 MS SQL Servers
Hello all. I am at a total loss for this problem. Here is my configuration: I have two MS SQL Server's with version 6.5 installed. One server has SP 3 and the other SP 5. My PB app, which is in 7.0, is trying to connect to a seperate database on each server. On server # 1 (sp 3) is a central database and on server # 2 (sp 5) is a "local" database that would be at my remote branches. In my test, it is on my local backbone and I am have the same problem locally as when I come across the WAN. I am getting the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Dr...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

Web resources about - PB 7.0.1 - solving the memory leak problem (when connecting to the MS SQL Server 6.5)... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...