PB 7.0 and SQL 7.0 Help - Very Urgent

1.    I create a User Group and list of user attached in this group in my
Windows NT Domain. I've create a login for the group in MSSQL and the
security options using Windows NT and MSSQL.

2.    My client application login screen having user ID and Password field
for entry. How could make use of windows NT ID and Password validation for
the connectivity and I've tried DBParm Integrated = 1 and the verification
of User ID and Password will always defaulted to the person login on the
particular PC to NT although I've specified an invalid ID and Password.

Can someone help me with this problem.

Thanks In advance

0
Davin

The dbparm should be as follows:

SQLCA.DBParm = "Secure=1"

regards
Ray Charb.

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:25:37 +0800,
Davin Lee <davinlee@elken.com.my> wrote:
>1.    I create a User Group and list of user attached in this group in my
>Windows NT Domain. I've create a login for the group in MSSQL and the
>security options using Windows NT and MSSQL.
>
>2.    My client application login screen having user ID and Password field
>for entry. How could make use of windows NT ID and Password validation for
>the connectivity and I've tried DBParm Integrated = 1 and the verification

0
Ray

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

MicroSoft SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0 Compatibility--Urgent help needed
We currently have an PowerBuilder 5.0 application and use ODBC to communicate with an Oracle Database (7.03). We are migrating this application to SQL Server 7.0. We are receiving several errors when we try to run the application. Through datawindow painter on the PowerBuilder toolbar, the datawindow is successfully previewed and the data in the database is displayed. Our application has a window that contains only this datawindow. When we try to open the window through the application, we receive an error "Program Type Out of Range" and when the window is displayed the ...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

PB 7.0 MS SQL 7.0 uniqueidentifier
Hello I have a problem with with uniqueidentifier column. I have table with one uniqueidentifier columne when I try to run select like this within database painter: select * from table_name; I have an error about using embeded SQL. The same SQL runned within aplication dosn't raise an errror but value from uniqueidentifier column is truncated. Help. (PB 7.0, MS SQL 7.0, OLE DB - SQLOLEDB) ...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 & SQL Server 7.0
Hi: I've develop an application that connect to and MS SQL SERVER 7.0 database via ODBC. When i make the .exe file and run it in Win95 or Windows NT Workstation it works fine, but when i run it in a Win98 client the following error apears. SQLSTATE=22005 - "Invalid character value for cast specification." Any clues about this. The exe was build in PowerBuilder 7.0 over a Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks in advance. Jorge, Try adding to the dbparm - CallEscape='No'. Here is an example: SQLCA.DBParm = "Connectstring='DSN=<your ...

[...]

PB 7 and MSSQL 7.0 Help
1. I create a User Group and list of user attached in this group in my Windows NT Domain. I've create a login for the group in MSSQL and the security options using Windows NT and MSSQL. 2. My client application login screen having user ID and Password field for entry. How could make use of windows NT ID and Password validation for the connectivity and I've tried DBParm Integrated = 1 and the verification of User ID and Password will always defaulted to the person login on the particular PC to NT although I've specified an invalid ID and Password. Can someone help ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Web resources about - PB 7.0 and SQL 7.0 Help - Very Urgent - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Does Republican debate show Donald Trump has already won?
Christian Science Monitor Does Republican debate show Donald Trump has already won? (+video) Christian Science Monitor There's Donald Trump ...

Microsoft gets aggressive after 18 months nextgen CPUs like Skylake will only support Windows 10
Microsoft's aggressive pushing of Windows 10 is becoming legendary, with everything from irritating nag screens, to automatic downloading of ...

Burkina Faso: Operation to retake Splendid Hotel from Islamists ends, more than 100 hostages freed, minister ...
Security operations to drive Al Qaeda fighters from a hotel they seized in Burkina Faso's capital end with 126 hostages freed.

President Obama Raps ‘Forgot About Dre’ — Find Out Why And Watch The Video
President Barack Obama and Eminem may not showing up together at any events in the near future, but the two well-known figures do share bragging ...

Wal-Mart to close 154 stores in the US
Wal-Mart is closing 154 stores in the U.S. and another big chunk in its challenging Brazilian market.

JohnAndLisaGiveBack.com Scam? Are Powerball Winners John And Lisa Robinson Giving Back Money Through ...
The scam website johnandlisagiveback.com is getting plenty of attention, with its claims that the “Powerball Winners are Giving Away Cash To ...

‘Game Of Thrones’ Queen Of The Dragons Emilia Clarke Teases ‘Big Moments’ In Season 6 And The Return ...
With the new season of Game of Thrones only months away, fans are eagerly waiting for any spoilers concerning the fate of one Jon Snow (Kit Harington). ...

For better or worse, Bill Clinton not a big factor among U.S. voters
By Chris Kahn and Amanda Becker NEW YORK/MANCHESTER, N.H. (Reuters) - Bill Clinton may not be the “secret weapon” that Hillary Clinton needs ...

Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy celebrate Oscar nominations at ‘The Revenant’s London premiere
Cast and crew of 'The Revenant' including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, director Alejandro González Iñárritu and others celebrated their 12 Oscar ...

El Chapo Reportedly Had Time for Erectile Disfunction Surgery While on the Run
After escaping from prison last summer, Mexico’s most powerful drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman surely found himself with a busy schedule ...