PB 6.5 Vs PB 8.0

We have an application developed using PB 6.5. Recently we started running into
problems with the build and Visual Source Safe. We are considering migrating to
PB 8.0. What are the benefits of migrating to PB 8.0? Are there any major
benefits with respect to builds. I went through some of the postings on this
newsgroup, but could not get much information. If someone has any links or
ideas, it would help us a lot.

Regards
Srinivas
Srinivas

Have you tried reading the newsgroup
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.source_control? There are a lot of
changes, many of which bring PB source control more in line
philosophically with general methods of source control. This is
different than previously in PB, so some adjustment is required.

Good luck,

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:34:06 -0500, "Srinivas"
<srinivas_singaraju@hotmail.com> wrote:

>We have an application developed using PB 6.5. Recently we started running into
>problems with the build and Visual Source Safe. We are considering migrating to
>PB 8.0. What are the benefits of migrating to PB 8.0? Are there any major
>benefits with respect to builds. I went through some of the postings on this
>newsgroup, but could not get much information. If someone has any links or
>ideas, it would help us a lot.

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

[MIGRATION QUESTION] PB 6.5.1 vs PB 8.0.1
Hi everyone, i have a question : We have developped a startegic application for one of our customer. We've developped it using PB 6.5.1 (on Windows NT 4.0) we plan to migrate this application to PB 8.0.1. Does anyone have heard about particuliar problems about PB 8 ? What is your opinion about this new version ? It seems to be faster... Is it stable enough w/ OCXs, etc ? Thanks in advance for any answer ! best regards, Guillaume MAISON In Sybase.Public.EAServer.PowerBuilder I answered another question regarding PB4 to PB8. See that posting for further detai...

PB 8.0 Deployment Dlls vs. PB 6.5 Deployment Dlls
Hello, We currently have a few Powerbuilder apps that have been developed using PB 6.5. All of them use an Oracle database. Some of them make use of the pfc libraries. Some of these apps serve as a batch interface while others are major applications. Most of our applications are fat-client. However, we do have one application that is a 3-tier application. Our applications run mostly on Windows 2000, although we still have some users using NT and possibly Win 95. We have packaged PB 6.5 Deployment dlls and as new users need the application, they not only receive the PB ...

PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference
I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to work as expected. :( In PB 5.0.04 the code is: il_secure_facs = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure) What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem. The workaro...

PB 8.0.2 vs. PB 8.0.4
We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB 8.0.4. Any recommendations? Have you looked at the fixes list associated with 8.0.3 and 8.0.4? Without knowing what your app does on a detailed level, it'd be hard for anyone to make a recommendation. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 19 Nov 2003 11:22:10 -0800, Brian Haake wrote: >We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB >8.0.4. Any recommendations? Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's T...

Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 8.0
I migrate my application from PB6.5 to PB 8.0. Should I change my PFC libraries from 6.5 to 8 or migration is enough? I'd consider them separate tasks. Get your app up and running and tested with the PFC6 PBLs, then think about whether you want to upgrade to PFC8 (e.g. to get new bug fixes). If you mix them and run into problems, you'll have a heck of a time trying to figure out which change caused it. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:21:16 -0500, "Stan Shvabskiy" <sshvabskiy@align.com> wrote: >...

Migrating to PB 8.0 from PB 6.5
Is there a migration path or available information to go from PB 6.5 using the PFC to PB 8.0. Also I've just start this with version 8.0 build 6028. From looking at the newsgroup listing it appears there is a most recent version out. I could not find it under downloads. thanks.... Migrating a PFC app from v6.5 to v8.0 is not a problem if carefully planned. We have just completed the process successfuly ourselves. The main issues you will get are that there are a large number of changes made to the PB8.0 PFC libraries from v6.5. You can either: - continue to use the PB6...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 Vs PB 8.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Botafogo Futebol Clube (PB) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botafogo Futebol Clube , usually known as Botafogo , or as Botafogo da Paraíba , is a Brazilian football club from João Pessoa , Paraíba state ...

Scaling the Facebook Data Warehouse to 300 PB
... At Facebook, we have unique storage scalability challenges when it comes to our data warehouse. Our warehouse stores upwards of 300 PB of Hive ...

PB Wolf (@OleHippieChick) on Twitter

PB Wind Chill on the App Store on iTunes
Get PB Wind Chill on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

PB Visa Gold Credit Card - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first credit card - Public Bank Visa Gold My First Credit Card: PB Visa Gold

YouTube - 7.00!!! OMG!!! NEW PB! OMG!! OMG!!! SO CLOSE TO SIX!! OOMMGG!!!
Hochgeladen am 12.10.2008 Official OMG Skrillex T-Shirts are available at SkrillexMerch.com. Check them out! This special video has been featured ...

Canberra's Zoe Buckman sets 1500m PB
Canberra's Zoe Buckman set a PB in the 1500m at the Diamond League meet in Oregon on Saturday.

Pacific Basin puts PB Towage up for sale
PACIFIC Basin Shipping says it has hired Citigroup to find buyers for its tug business PB Towage, which operates in Australia, Southeast Asia ...

Review: Aukey’s PB-N30 is the first iPhone external battery with a female Lightning port, but does it ...
... of this week, it’s selling what it claims is “the first and the only portable charger in the world with Apple Lightning input port,” the PB-N30 ...

Chill Out With PB And J In Polar Bowler, A Bowling Game Like No Other
PB and J are back in a brand new game for Apple’s iOS called Polar Bowler . The new app, which promises gamers a bowling game like no other, ...