PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control

Hi everybody,

I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000, OS: Windows XP
Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've created an OCX using VisualBasic. We
had previously inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any
problems. In fact, the app is working with the client normally. Time passed
by... and now, we can't do it. When we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object
window displays. We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From
File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control" tab, PB crashes.
The error report includes:

AppName: pb60.exe   AppVer: 6.0.0.251  ModName: msvcrt.dll   ModVer:
7.0.2600.2180  Offset: 0000beab.

Exactly tha same happens with PB 9.0.2. But we can register, unregister and
even browse the methods of the ocx in Visual Studio 6.0 "Activex Control
Test Container" with no problems.

Does anybody knows what could have happened to get this result now compared
with the former behavior ?

Any help will be appreciated.

0
Isabel

My copy of PB 6.5.1 is dated May 1999 which is well before Windows XP was
even an idea. You are lucky that it works for the users.

I would try creating it in PB9, export the object and then import it in PB6.

0
Roland
5/10/2007 4:18:28 PM
Roland, good point, you're right. However, as I mentioned before, we can't
do it in PB 9 neither. It crashes exactly the same way that in PB 6.5.
That's why we are looking for some tips to fix this problem.

Besides, the inclusion in our PB 6.5 app was done successfully already using
PB 6.5 with WinXP, which makes it more extrange to us. We have 3 computers
with this error and only 1 without it, all of them with the same versions of
Win, PB 6.5 and PB 9.

Another idea?

"Roland Smith" <rsmith@cvps.com> wrote in message
> My copy of PB 6.5.1 is dated May 1999 which is well before Windows XP was
> even an idea. You are lucky that it works for the users.
>
> I would try creating it in PB9, export the object and then import it in
> PB6.

0
Isabel
5/10/2007 6:39:04 PM
> here is a clue, but I haven't tried it yet. I have had
this problem all week...

http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=257

jack.swann@syscononline.com

Hi everybody,

> I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000
> , OS: Windows XP  Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've
> created an OCX using VisualBasic. We  had previously
> inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any
> problems. In fact, the app is working with the client
> normally. Time passed  by... and now, we can't do it. When
> we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object  window displays.
> We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From
> File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control"
> tab, PB crashes.  The error report includes:
>
> AppName: pb60.exe   AppVer: 6.0.0.251  ModName: msvcrt.dll
>   ModVer:  7.0.2600.2180  Offset: 0000beab.
>
> Exactly tha same happens with PB 9.0.2. But we can
> register, unregister and  even browse the methods of the
> ocx in Visual Studio 6.0 "Activex Control  Test Container"
> with no problems.
>
> Does anybody knows what could have happened to get this
> result now compared  with the former behavior ?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

0
Jack

PB 6.0 Crashing when trying to insert an OLE Control
Has anyone ever had any experience with PB 6.0 crashing while trying to insert an OLE control onto a window/datawindow? I am simply creating a window and selecting OLE object type to place on the window. When the OLE dialog comes up ( 3 tabs: Create New, Create From File, Insert Control ), I select insert control. Whenever I do this, on multiple machines, PB crashes!! Any Ideas? Jim Leary jleary@pwrpros.com same picture here.... On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:45:11 -0400, "jleary@pwrpros.com" <jimleary@mindspring.com> wrote: > >Has anyone ever...

How to Use Shockwave OLE insert control? (PB 6.5)
After choosing SHOCKWAVE as the OLE insert control... I can't figure out how to tell it what shockwave file to use WITHIN shockwave. please help! Email mail me with the response... Thanks, Sam Aaron saah@mail.com ...

PB 8.0.3 build 9704 crash when i try to insert a ole custom control
Hi, I have a ole custom control linked to the dll mswinsck.ocx in one of my pbl libraries but it seems to be a problem with this. When i try to access through the application to this library a runtime error was shown telling me that i can't access to the localip property. The .dll was registered in the windows registry i've already checked. After that i tried to insert a new ole custom control to the pbl linked to the same dll, but powerbuilder crash . I tried the same thing in powerbuilder 11.5 and i could insert the control correctly. What can be wrong? This proble...

PFC - Object Browser crashes when trying to display hierarchy (PB 6.0
Is there a correct library list order to be applied in the application object ? If it doesn't matter then, in what order must I regenerate the libraries so that it doesn't crash? I also have three of my own libraries in the path. -- Savoulidis Iordanis Athens - Greece On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:57:26 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc "Savoulidis Iordanis" <iordanis@sybase.com.gr> wrote: >Is there a correct library list order to be applied in the application >object ? > >If it doesn't matter then, in what order must I regen...

Crash When Trying to Insert an OLE Control
I'm trying to insert an OLE control. When I click the "Insert Control" tab on the Insert Object dialog box, I immediately get a message box that reads "Out of Memory". When I click Cancel on that message box, I get "Insufficient memeory to continue" and Powerbuilder crashes. Note that the ocx I'm trying to select is not too big, I never get a chance to select the ocx. I using Powerbulder version 7.0.3 build 10077 and running Windows 2000 Professional. Please help. Thanks, Larry Stevens I have the same problem and same config. i.e....

PB crash when inserting OLE control
Hello! I've been trying to use ActiveX control with PB 7 without success. The behavior is the same on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Windows 2000 Professional, running on a Dell Pentium Pro 200 system with 128MB of RAM. Here's what I do: 1) Define a new window in an existing application 2) Select Insert > Control > OLE from the menu 3) In the Insert Object dialog, click on the Insert Control tab 4) PowerBuilder crashes, with the following results: Windows NT Version 5.00 Build 2195 PB70.exe caused fault #c0000005 in MSVCRT.DLL at address 001b:78004a16 Registers: EAX=003...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional
Re: PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Thanks! ...

PowerBuilder Debugger Crashes PB 6.5
Whenever I try to launch the PB debugger, I get the following error: "pb60.exe - Application Error" "The exception interger division by zero occurred in the application...." Other workstations here do not have this problem. I have tried reinstalling PB 6.5, but no luck. Any ideas as to what is happening? Try looking at [Debug] section of pb.ini and removing stops/watches... "Carl Hoog" <tcgh415@genelco.com> wrote in message news:38AAF13E.F3F00913@genelco.com... > Whenever I try to launch the PB debugger, I get the following error: >...

PB Crashes when attempting to insert OLE control
Just realized that I can't insert an OLE control. Not a good time since I need to be able to insert one. If I try to insert an ole control, the insert object dialog opens. However, when I select the "insert control" tab, PowerBuilder crashes. Through some perusing of the newsgroups, I was also able to determine that if I opened the object browser and double clicked the "OLE Custom Controls" node, PowerBuilder crashes there also. Now here's the catch. This is in PB9.0.3 Build 8784. When I try to do the same thing in PB10.0.2 Build 9761, everyth...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional #2
I am currently using PB 6 and PB 6.5 with OS W2K Professional. However, I have an PB crash problem after I run a PB 6.5 application through the Powerbuilder directly. Is there a compatiblity issue for PB 6.5 Build 444 on Jun 10,1998 01:08 and PB 6.0 Nov 12,1997 23:28 in OS W2K Profession. 6.5 was never supported for W2K, although many people run it succesfully. I suggest you install 651 and optionally patch it with EBF 1299. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com...

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

PB 10.5 crashes when i use ole control
Hi in pb 8 i was using one activeX control which made in vb and it's working fine. where as when i migrate it to pb 10.5 it's giving me error when i call some functions of that activeX. that activeX control is like mspaint made customize for our special use. i also found wierd thing. i have one function "Savepage" in that control, and sometimes it's giving me error and sometime not. any idea? ...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Adorable Baby Crashes Daddy's Concert - YouTube
17 month old baby, Ethan ran out onstage when his dad, country singer Coffey, was performing at NYE event, started dancing, and stole the show. ...

Syria army plane crashes while bombing rebel-held town
A Syrian military aircraft crashed while on a bombing run over the rebel-held north-western town of Ariha on Monday, leaving at least 12 people ...

Nice Save of the Day: Guy Catches Drone Before It Crashes Into Pond
This man is a hero to drones across the globe. He took his new DJI Phantom 2 out for a spin and was having a great time… until the batteries ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Telstra network crashes nationwide
"Human error" causes widespread network interruptions affecting millions of Telstra customers across the country.

Telstra network crashes nationwide
"Human error" causes widespread network interruptions affecting millions of Telstra customers across the country.

Driver crashes into fence during chase
A MAN has been arrested over an alleged police pursuit in the western suburbs, which ended when the driver crashed into a fence.