PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference

I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference
that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to
work as expected.  :(

In PB 5.0.04 the code is:

il_secure_facs         =
icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn

Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that
has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure)

What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure
and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem.

The workaround is to have a local declaration of the structure and eliminate
the shorthand such as:

str_mf_secure_facs lstr

// 4/9/99 dsb - in pb 6.5 this shorthand method fails to return a reference
to the structure
//il_secure_facs         =
icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn
lstr = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this )
il_secure_facs         = lstr.fac_urn

Does anyone have an explanation for this difference in behavior?

Thanks,
Diane

0
Diane

Yup, it's a regression bug and it's been reported and is currently in
engineering.  The bug number, if you want a reference is 167550.  I do not have
any estimate on when it might be resolved, and the workaround is likely going to
be your best bet for the short term.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

Diane Burwen wrote:

> I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference
> that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to
> work as expected.  :(
>
> In PB 5.0.04 the code is:
>
> il_secure_facs         =
> icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn
>
> Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that
> has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure)
>
> What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure
> and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem.
>
> The workaround is to have a local declaration of the structure and eliminate
> the shorthand such as:
>
> str_mf_secure_facs lstr
>
> // 4/9/99 dsb - in pb 6.5 this shorthand method fails to return a reference
> to the structure
> //il_secure_facs         =
> icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn
> lstr = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this )
> il_secure_facs         = lstr.fac_urn
>
> Does anyone have an explanation for this difference in behavior?
>
> Thanks,
> Diane

0
Jim

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

PB 5.0.04 vs. MSSQL 6.5
We recently upgraded our MSSQL 6.5 to have the service pack of 5a. Upon doing so our PowerBuilder 5.0.04 database tables lost their 'data types' when going into PB's database painter. We have PB 6.5 and are working on migrating our applications. We CAN however see our data types in ver 6.5 of PB. Does anyone know why 5.0.04 cannot see the 'data types'? Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. Mike Greiner, Systems Analyst Oregon State Dept. of Justice hm. - greinem@open.org Sorry to bother you guys. If I would have kept read...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

Object behavior differences between PB 6.5 and PB 7.0!
Hello, I recently migrated/converted our PB applications from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0. It looks like some of the object methods are behaving differently than before and some object properties getting other states. Semantic changes as well! I've found some, already, and changed the code accordingly. But some are quite difficult! For example: When calling the finditem method on a listview with the following statement below, returns always -1 even if one or more items are selected. By changing the 'DirectionDown!', which worked perfectly with PB 6.5, into 'DirectionAll!...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

Which version? pb 5.0.0 vs 5.0.04 or greater version
PB 5.0.0 to 5.0.04 Curious if anyone remembers specific issues resolved for upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.0.04. We have a large number of applications. If some are still 5.0.0 and others are 5.0.04 will that create problem during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 6.x The other alternative seems to upgrade to newer major version of 6.x? What version of 6 is most stable? Where can I buy PB 6? How about intermixing 5.0.0 applications with 6.x applications during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 7.x I see a number of complaints about the speed of PB 7. Intermixing 5.0.0 with 7.x? Brian <brian@ufr...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 5.0.03(04) vs. MS SQL 6.5 sp5a
Dear friends, We recently upgraded our MSSQL 6.5 to have the service pack of 5a. Upon doing so our PowerBuilder 5.0.03(04) database tables lost their 'data types' when going into PB's database painter. Does anyone know why 5.0.03(04) cannot see the 'data types'? Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. Their is an EBF (EBF2) for 5.0.04 that fixes this problem. However, given that PB7 is out and PB5 is or will soon be an unsupported product, I would recommend upgrading to PB6 or PB7 if at all possible. On Tue, 18 May 1999...

Web resources about - PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Sole difference in tourism stakes
A GIANT blue stiletto heel dubbed Taiwan’s “shoe church” is bringing a touch of oversized glamour to the island’s southern coast.

Kurt Vile review: Line between fanatic and laconic the difference between a good and great show
Kurt Vile's blissfully laid-back recorded output doesn't quite gel with his live band, the Violators. They seem to always be pulling Vile back ...

iOS App Store brings in 75% more revenue than Play Store despite difference in downloads
... app store. The iOS App Store now earns 75 percent more revenue than the Google Play Store. This is an increase over the 70 percent difference ...

Is There Much Difference, Policy-Wise, Between Cruz, Rubio, Herr Trumpf And Ryan?
... Cruz or Rubio gets into the White House, we are in deep, deep trouble. Time to redouble our efforts for the one candidate who can make a difference ...

Sanders on differences with Clinton highlighted in campaign ad - Videos - CBS News
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders joins “CBS This Morning” from Burlington, Vermont, to discuss his latest campaign ad that explains ...

In year one, Rauner learned difference between statehouse and boardroom
One year after Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner took over as Illinois' chief executive, the private equity investor and rookie politician who pledged ...

It Really Makes a Difference What we Say
... for our own words as well. They are out before we have had a chance to think about their meaning all too often. It really does make a difference ...