PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?

Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0?  We're running against MS SQL 6.5
and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features.
Are there new SQL drivers available or required?

TIA,
pat yuen
pyuen@carmafinancial.com

0
Pat

5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0

Simon

Pat Yuen wrote in message ...
>Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0?  We're running against MS SQL 6.5
>and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new
features.
>Are there new SQL drivers available or required?
>
>TIA,
>pat yuen
>pyuen@carmafinancial.com

0
Simon
11/1/1999 5:04:43 PM
Same your experince In PB 6.0 too, I have used Native MSSQL 6.5 connect to
MSSQL 7.0 is oke but
If i use ODBC will not connected in PB 6.0 on MSSQL 7.0

Simon Caldwell wrote in message <98TIXuIJ$GA.211@forums.sybase.com>...
>5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0
>
>Simon
>
>Pat Yuen wrote in message ...
>>Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0?  We're running against MS SQL 6.5
>>and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new
>features.
>>Are there new SQL drivers available or required?
>>
>>TIA,
>>pat yuen
>>pyuen@carmafinancial.com

0
Bass

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Accessing MS SQL Server 7.0 from PB 5.0
I am trying to acccess a SQL Server 7.0 database across a dial-up connection on our IP's host server. I have successfully connected. I can see his database and all the tables when I am in the database painter for PB 5.0. However if I try to retrieve from the tables, I get the message that the datatype is not supported. If I go into alter the table, it allows me to, but in the datatype column there is nothing and the drop down has been disabled. However, if I create a new table, the drop down is populated with all the usual datatypes. If I then create a table using one any ...

PowerBuilder 5.0.04 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
I am having problems with a powerbuilder 5.0.04 application that uses pipeline objects. The only thing that has changed is the destination database has recently been upgraded from Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0. We connect via ODBC. After upgrading to 7.0, we get the -4 error code (i.e. Table Not Found). Does anyone know if any new drivers are needed to support Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? Thanks, Victoria I am not sure but there is a 3.70 ODBC Driver from Microsoft. I am not sure the older driver works ok with MS 7.0. pv Victoria Kelsey wrote: > > I am having...

Running PB 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 and 6.0 on same PC
I am attempting to run PowerBuilder 3, 4, 5 (both 16 and 32 bit), and 6 on the same PC. I know that sounds crazy but all of those releases are still in use at my company. The only problem I am having is I can't get 6.0 to use its own pb.ini file. I am running NT 4.0 and have made the following entries in my WIN.INI in the [Powerbuilder] section: INITPATH=c:\...... statement for PB3, INITPATH040 for PB4, INITPATH050 for PB5, and INITPATH060 for PB6. This method works for PB3, 4, and 5 but not 6. PB6 seems to be using the INITPATH statement but ignores the INITPATH060 statement. M...

Urgent!!Connecting to MS SQL Server7.0 with PB 5.0.04 on NT4.0
Hi! This is urgent!! Does anyone know how to connect MS SQL Server 7.0 from PB 5.0.04. I have connected to MSS 7.0 with ODBC 3.70 (come with MSS7.0) from PB5.0.04, but the embedded SQL statements in my program retrieve all kinds of gabbish to me. I believe there is something wrong with the ODBC drivers setting, how should I config the ODBC drivers ? I have tried to use MS SQL Server 6.5 native drivers to connect to 7.0 , but I 've got the error message, something like 'Datatype not supported' ? Why is that ? Cherry The problem, at least with ODBC 3.x, is that ...

PB 7.0.2 and MS SQL Server 7.0
Hello everyone, I am running PB 7.0.2 (Build 8046) and I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0 database. I can connect to the database via ODBC with no problems, but when I attempt to use the MS SQL Client Software 7.0, I get an error "Could not connect to database." Is SQL Client Software v7.0 even supported with PB 7x or do I have to go to 6.0 of SQL Client? -- Thanks, Daryl L. Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. E-mail: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com Website: SoftwareSpectrum.com Voice: (972) 864-5114 Fax: (972) 864-3292 ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP
I'm trying to connect a client to MS SQL Server 6.5 on NT4.0 over TCP/IP and am running into a strange situation that I hope someone can help me with. If I connect to the server in another domain and go out and see the server, PB will connect without a problem. If I'm not connected to the server, PB can't make the connection and will time out. Is there any way you can make the connection without having to have the OS level connection? Can anyone also give an area in the manual to look for how the connection is done to TCP/IP? I looked in Connecting To Your Database and...

PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem
I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer, a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I am failing to do? Hi, You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this login must ...

PB 7.0 Client Cursor and MS SQL Server 7.0
We are in the process of migrating from MS SQL 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 and are running with PB 7.0 build 5031. Our PB application uses a cursor which works fine with MS SQL 6.5 but we are getting the following error with MS SQL 7.0 when we open the cursor: SQLCODE = -1 SQLDBCODE = 999 SQLERRTEXT= "34000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid cursor name" Is there a different database connection setting, different way to set up transaction object, different setting on ODBC connection, or something else that we should be doing or looking at when we go...

Web resources about - PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Altona locals kick up a stink over long-running smell
During the day, the salty smell wafting over the bayside suburb is not too bad. But once the sun goes down things take a turn for the very much ...

Missing Sunshine Coast swimmer running from police
A man missing after diving into the surf at a Sunshine Coast beach in the early hours of Saturday was fleeing police, it has been revealed.

Australian Survivor host rumour — is Dr Chris Brown in the running?
IT’S months until filming begins on Ten’s version of Survivor , but rumours are already swirling about who’ll host the big-budget show.

Japanese train service 'keeps running daily service for a single passenger'
Imagine you were the sole passenger of a daily train service, which ran twice a day, just for you. For one Japanese school girl it might just ...

WA fires: Alcoa WA refinery running at reduced rate, Willowdale remains shut
An Alcoa alumina refinery in Western Australia is operating at reduced capacity but a nearby mine remains shut down as a 50,000-hectare bushfire ...

Time Is Running Out on Time Warner's Independence
Jeff Bewkes's plan to keep Time Warner independent could only last so long. That time may be about up. Speculation is back that Rupert Murdoch ...

Sensoria smart clothing reviewed: A ton of running data at your toe-tips
... socks, shirts, and bras meant for those who are serious about fitness. The $199 smart socks have sensors embedded in them to collect running ...

Court retirements have hopefuls off and running
Court retirements have hopefuls off and running The Augusta Chronicle Richmond County State Court Judge John Flythe will run for the judgeship ...

Running Selenium WebDriver tests using Firefox headless mode on Ubuntu
... and run the test scripts in the browser, then exit. If you like to work exclusively from the command line, then you need to look into running ...