PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 on the same PC

Finally, I have been approved to upgrade our application from PB 5.0.04 to
PB 7. 0. I have run test migrations to determine any initial problems that
need to be addressed and other than a few problems everything appears to
work correctly.

Anyway, the company I work for will require the need to support users still
using the PB 5.0.04 version of the application. My concern is maintaining
both PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 at the same time. Until all our users are caught
up on releases this poses to be a maintenance nightmare.

Are there any issues or concerns that I need to be aware when installing PB
7.0 on all development PCs that already have PB 5.0.04 installed? Will both
PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 work independently allowing me to maintain both
versions of our application?

Bill

0
William

No problems -- the two versions are totally independant and do not share any
files.

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"William Wood" <william.wood@dfas.mil> wrote in message
> Finally, I have been approved to upgrade our application from PB 5.0.04 to
> PB 7. 0. I have run test migrations to determine any initial problems that
> need to be addressed and other than a few problems everything appears to
> work correctly.
>
> Anyway, the company I work for will require the need to support users
still
> using the PB 5.0.04 version of the application. My concern is maintaining
> both PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 at the same time. Until all our users are caught
> up on releases this poses to be a maintenance nightmare.
>
> Are there any issues or concerns that I need to be aware when installing
PB
> 7.0 on all development PCs that already have PB 5.0.04 installed? Will
both
> PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 work independently allowing me to maintain both
> versions of our application?
>

> Bill

0
Roy
8/24/2000 6:29:43 PM
You shouldn't run into any problems.  PowerBuilder runtime/development
libraries have different names between the releases.  I currently have PB 5,
6.5.1, 7.0.2, and another beta on my machine with no problems.

"William Wood" <william.wood@dfas.mil> wrote in message
> Finally, I have been approved to upgrade our application from PB 5.0.04 to
> PB 7. 0. I have run test migrations to determine any initial problems that
> need to be addressed and other than a few problems everything appears to
> work correctly.
>
> Anyway, the company I work for will require the need to support users
still
> using the PB 5.0.04 version of the application. My concern is maintaining
> both PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 at the same time. Until all our users are caught
> up on releases this poses to be a maintenance nightmare.
>
> Are there any issues or concerns that I need to be aware when installing
PB
> 7.0 on all development PCs that already have PB 5.0.04 installed? Will
both
> PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 work independently allowing me to maintain both
> versions of our application?
>

> Bill

0
Stephen
8/24/2000 6:31:09 PM
In article <rpemyjfDAHA.295@forums.sybase.com>, william.wood@dfas.mil
says...
> Finally, I have been approved to upgrade our application from PB 5.0.04 to
> PB 7. 0. I have run test migrations to determine any initial problems that
> need to be addressed and other than a few problems everything appears to
> work correctly.

I run both versions without any problems,  Theyt are installed in
different directories and the dll's are version specific, so you should
not have any issues.
--

Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase]
Check out SDN @  http://sdn.sybase.com

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

PB 7.0 to PB 5.0
Hi I am currently a PB7.0 programmer(1 year exp), but I found a new job which using PB5.0. My question is:Is it will very difficult for me(focus on syntax, powerful...) thank you very much Having done the same thing... almost... in the other direction, I can say that the actual coding portion of PB hasn't changed drastically between 5 and 7. There was a major rework of the IDE between 6 and 7, but extremely little change in syntax and/or available commands. There were, however, a few new features in 6 that weren't in 5 (shared objects, for one). Not a lot, t...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Migration from PB 5.0 to PB 7.0
Hi All, While using the Migration assistant to check if any of the functions being currently used in our application have become Obsolete.I got these error messages PBORCA LIBRARY - Entry Information Failed and PBORCA error message Obsolete - Replaced by f-wait in n_cst_datetime was not found. Error No: 3 These error messages were displayed for the PFC and PFE PBL's. Could anyone please give any suggestions... TIA, Sg Here's a hunch. Check for duplicate PowerBuilder DLLs or mismatched DLLs being loaded. A good tool to check what's being loaded is HandleEx...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 7
I have no current version of PowerBuilder and will be getting PB 7. But I have a client that is using PB 5.0.04 and would like to bring them up to the newest version, because I assume that PB 7 is the way to go for the future. Is this an easy migration path, assuming no experience with PB, but 3 years Win32 programming experience? No one can guarantee that the 5.0.04 apps will migrate perfectly... but, in general, this is not a difficult thing to do and should go smoothly. If the 5.0.04 app uses PFC, you will have issues. Also, if the 5.0.04 app is 16-bit and makes external DLL call...

Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04??
PB 5.0.04 applications connected to SQL Anywhere 5.5 will GPF on disconnect when ODBC 3.5 or greater is installed. I believe this may only happen for win95 as opposed NT/98. Replacing PBODB050.DLL with the PB 5.0.03 version has been a common 'folk remedy'. We have just discovered a problematic side-effect: If instead of connecting to SA 5.5, you connect to SA 7, and your PB application uses datawindows which retrieve through calls to Stored Procedures, then such a retrieve produces a database error: Select error: SQLSTATE = S1009 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Invalid use o...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 5.0.04
Can anyone tell me if a PB 5.0.04 - EXE ( PBD�s) support ASA 7.0.0.EBF 463 ? We need any scpecific / new PB5xx.DLL or something else? The same program works OK from the enviroment, but not its .EXE. Thank you in advance. PB5.0.04 applications can definitely connect to ASA7. Make sure you have the path of the ASA DLLs (C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 7\win32) in either the PATH environment variable, or in the AppPath registry key for the executable. Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY "BaxterSF" <BAXTERSF@teleline.es> wrote in message news:1ahVYk9I...

Migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0
Hi, I have some questions regarding migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0 1) I am migrating a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0. When I migrated the application, I got some warnings and Informational messages. I also got one error message in a user object : Error : C0181 : The argument to SetNull cannot be an autoinstantiate or structure. The argument I have is a structure instance. Is there another function I can use instead ? 2) This application also uses the funcky library. I was wondering what is a better substitute for these in 7.0. 3) Stephen Dupre also mentioned in on...

PB 5.0.04 upgrade to PB 8.0
Has anyone done an upgrade from PB 5 to 8? I'm about to attempt this and I was wondering if there is any information out there to help me with this. The applications that need to be migrated are using the PFC 5.0 and cornerstone 5.0. I don't think the Cornerstone 5.0 can be migrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Wallach mwalla@ca.ibm.com I upgraded and app from 5.0.04 to 8. We don't use the pfc though. One issue I found is that some of the editmask start acting weird. For example, if you use a datetime editmask that uses am/pm, once you tab off i...

Web resources about - PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 on the same PC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Big Bang Finally Happens On ‘Big Bang Theory’ For Sheldon & Amy: Showrunner Talks ‘Star Wars’ & Wil Wheaton ...
The Big Bang Theory carefully refrained from showing any hints of a big bang for its most popular couple, Sheldon and Amy, for months. But recently, ...

Laser Weapons On U.S. Fighter Jets By 2020, Says Air Force
Laser weapons on U.S. fighter jets may be a real thing by 2020, says the U.S. Air Force. To top it off, the jets might have a force field protection ...

Israel hit by rockets from Lebanon as tensions rise after Hezbollah's Samir Kantar killing
Katyusha missiles fired into Israel after air strike killed Hezbollah leader in Syria.

Exit Polls: Strong Showing in Spain Vote by Upstart Parties
Washington Post Exit Polls: Strong Showing in Spain Vote by Upstart Parties New York Times MADRID — A strong showing by a pair of upstart ...

China landslide leaves 59 missing, sparks gas explosion — Xinhua
Jamaica Observer China landslide leaves 59 missing, sparks gas explosion — Xinhua Jamaica Observer Rescuers look for survivors after a landslide ...

NYC mayor, police boss mark year since 2 officers were slain
Albuquerque’s source for local news and live streaming video online. KRQE reports on news, weather, traffic, investigations and sports for New ...

Nirbhaya gang rape: Delhi HC refuses to stay release of juvenile convict
The juvenile convicted in the 2012 Delhi gangrape case will walk free on Sunday after the Delhi high court on Friday refused to pass any directive ...

Martin Shkreli Explains Why He Jacked the Price of AIDS Drug Daraprim in New Livestream: WATCH
Former Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli has returned to live-streaming following his arrest last week. A listener asked him why he jacked ...

Sessions: Ted Cruz Critical to Blocking Amnesty
Senator Jeff Sessions, a Republican from Alabama, defended presidential candidate Ted Cruz at a rally last night in Alabama: "Let me tell you, ...

Just-win Jets top Cowboys 19-16, keep heat on AFC contenders