PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04

Hi.
Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB
5.0.04 ?

0
Kleber

    You can just install 5.0.04.  Make a backup of your pbls prior to
installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version.

hth,
Anthony M. Perugini
President
Forte Information Systems, Inc.
www.ConsultForte.com
Having a Bad Day?  www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm

Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ...
>Hi.
>Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB
>5.0.04 ?

0
Anthony

Are you using PB 5.0.03 version of PBODB050.DLL with PB 5.0.04??
PB 5.0.04 applications connected to SQL Anywhere 5.5 will GPF on disconnect when ODBC 3.5 or greater is installed. I believe this may only happen for win95 as opposed NT/98. Replacing PBODB050.DLL with the PB 5.0.03 version has been a common 'folk remedy'. We have just discovered a problematic side-effect: If instead of connecting to SA 5.5, you connect to SA 7, and your PB application uses datawindows which retrieve through calls to Stored Procedures, then such a retrieve produces a database error: Select error: SQLSTATE = S1009 [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Invalid use o...

Migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04
--------------C1E58613E9D89D454B249812 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Background For the seek of Y2K compliance, we are about to migrate our application from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04. We have used PFC 5.0.03 to build the application with some customization in the pfe*.pbl libraries. Questions Q1. Are there any Y2K related bugs being fixed from PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? Q2. If we have decided to migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04, is it we must also migrate the PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? In order to avoid any functional impact, except for...

Which version? pb 5.0.0 vs 5.0.04 or greater version
PB 5.0.0 to 5.0.04 Curious if anyone remembers specific issues resolved for upgrade from 5.0.0 to 5.0.04. We have a large number of applications. If some are still 5.0.0 and others are 5.0.04 will that create problem during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 6.x The other alternative seems to upgrade to newer major version of 6.x? What version of 6 is most stable? Where can I buy PB 6? How about intermixing 5.0.0 applications with 6.x applications during transition? PB 5.0.0 to 7.x I see a number of complaints about the speed of PB 7. Intermixing 5.0.0 with 7.x? Brian <brian@ufr...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 5.0.02 to 5.0.04
Hi, We updated PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to 5.0.04 on a WIN95 machine with the update downloaded from the Sybase Support site but the Help / About window still says version 5.0.02! I tried writing a small app that gets the PBMajorRevision, PBMinorRevision and PBFixesRevision from the Enviroment object and still get 5, 0, and 2, respectively. The executables and DLL's have date/time stamps of 3/98 and later indicating that the update occurred. The same update applied to an NT machine shows the correct version 5.0.04 in the Help / About window, so this may be a WIN95-specific probl...

Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.
Hello, 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support? I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering requests via Query Builder yields nothing. Thank you very much. Deborah (Information Products Group) Deborah Blakeney wrote: > > Hello, > > 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate > from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can > anyone offer advice? Do the...

PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 on the same PC
Finally, I have been approved to upgrade our application from PB 5.0.04 to PB 7. 0. I have run test migrations to determine any initial problems that need to be addressed and other than a few problems everything appears to work correctly. Anyway, the company I work for will require the need to support users still using the PB 5.0.04 version of the application. My concern is maintaining both PB 5.0.04 and PB 7.0 at the same time. Until all our users are caught up on releases this poses to be a maintenance nightmare. Are there any issues or concerns that I need to be aware when insta...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

PB 5.0.04 upgrade to PB 8.0
Has anyone done an upgrade from PB 5 to 8? I'm about to attempt this and I was wondering if there is any information out there to help me with this. The applications that need to be migrated are using the PFC 5.0 and cornerstone 5.0. I don't think the Cornerstone 5.0 can be migrated. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Wallach mwalla@ca.ibm.com I upgraded and app from 5.0.04 to 8. We don't use the pfc though. One issue I found is that some of the editmask start acting weird. For example, if you use a datetime editmask that uses am/pm, once you tab off i...

Oracle 8.0.5 and PB 5.0.04
We are having a number of problems trying to go to Oracle 8.0. One problem is on a simple update we get ORA-25123 Too many components specified in the name. . Does Sybase support this version of Oracle and 5.0.04? Any suggestions Mark Which database driver are you using. I'm not having any problems with the 7.2 and 7.3 drivers. On Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:21:58 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Mark Drummond <mdrummond@energyimperium.com> wrote: >We are having a number of problems trying to go to Oracle 8.0. > >One problem is on a sim...

5.0.03 PFC with 5.0.02 PB
Our group would like to upgrade to 5.0.03 because of the bug fixes for the PFC pbls, but we are hesitant due to the regression errors in 5.0.03 PowerBuilder. Is there any reason we couldn't upgrade our PFC pbls to 5.0.03 but keep our PowerBuilder at 5.0.02? I would expect it to work fine, but would like to get other opinions. TIA -Jay Paulsen Running 16 bit PB under NT 4.0, we ran PB 5.0.02 with PFC 5.0.00 for a few months of development and had no problems related to the different versions. Eventually we did re-synch. The only re-synching problems we had were a coup...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Running PB 4.0.06 and PB 5.0.03
We are running Sql Server 6.5. I have been doing maintenance on older apps using PB 4.0.06 and (finally) have a chance to do some new development. PB 4 and PB 5 were running smoothly on the same machine. We were using Named Pipes as our dll. Last week , after I re-installed MS SQL Enterprise Manager and changing to TCP/IP, PB 5 is running smoothly and can connect to both our old and new databases. PB 4 cannot see anything and is giving the following error message - "Db-library network communication layer not loaded." Duh ??? All the dll's are in my search p...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

Web resources about - PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Why Democrats Should Love Donald Trump
If you watched Democratic Debate III, against the apparent wishes of the Democratic Party, you’re probably talking about two things: Hillary ...

Rugby star Brett Ferres's ex Amanda Box gets her revenge on Twitter
Amanda Box wrote a sarcastic message to Brett Ferres, who plays for Huddersfield Giants, wishing him 'happy first wedding anniversary', before ...

SpaceX publishes more pics and video of Falcon 9 rocket landing
SpaceX finally had its fairly tale ending and successfully landed its Falcon 9 rocket first stage back on the ground safely after launch. This ...

Kim Kardashian's new app crashed Apple's App Store
Kim Kardashian's new app, which is a collection of emoji that resemble her, crashed Apple's App Store after it was released yesterday, according ...

Graham's Exit Opens Doors in New Hampshire, South Carolina
Lindsey Graham may not have resonated in the polls, but his exit from the Republican presidential race will open doors to other candidates in ...

British troops deploy to Afghan province amid Taliban battle
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Fierce battles were underway Tuesday between Afghan forces and the Taliban in southern Helmand province where the insurgents ...

Bergdahl Set to Face Charges
Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl is set to be arraigned this morning after he allegedly deserted his unit and was then held captive by the Taliban ...

Apple Confirms “Leaked” MacBook Is Not A New Device
Image credit – CBS/TechInsider Apple was recently profiled on Charlie Rose’s 60 Minutes segment and while the profile was interesting, like ...

Bjork launches virtual reality app for iPhone and iPad
Earlier this year we told you about experimental musicologist Bjork's dive into the world of virtual reality. Back then, the singer's VR video ...

FDA lifts Ban on Blood Donation by Gays
I4U News FDA lifts Ban on Blood Donation by Gays I4U News The FDA revised its policies with reference to blood donors. The major risk was ...