PB 4.0 Timer event not triggered in NT Server 4.0

Hi,

We have an app. written in PB4.0 that uses timer function. Recently, we
converted our NT server from 3.51 to 4.0. The app. now is not function
properly, it seemed
not triggering the timer event at all.
Does anyone have any suggestion to this ?

Thanks

Jean
0
Jean

use the syntax timer(this,number) or the timing object. I ahd found the
same thing on NT
HTH

Jean C. Hsi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have an app. written in PB4.0 that uses timer function. Recently, we
> converted our NT server from 3.51 to 4.0. The app. now is not function
> properly, it seemed
> not triggering the timer event at all.
> Does anyone have any suggestion to this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jean

0
Sanjay
9/26/1998 4:45:48 AM
There's a bug with PB/NT4

Timer(10) is supposed to be the same thing as Timer(10,<currentwindow>) -
but it isn't.  You'll need to code something like Timer(10,this)

Simon

Jean C. Hsi wrote in message <01bde8b0$16c8fa00$0b0000d0@jhsi>...
>Hi,
>
>We have an app. written in PB4.0 that uses timer function. Recently, we
>converted our NT server from 3.51 to 4.0. The app. now is not function
>properly, it seemed
>not triggering the timer event at all.
>Does anyone have any suggestion to this ?
>
>Thanks
>
>Jean

0
Simon

Pb 4.0 with NT 4.0
Hi, Here a problem with Pb 4.0 on NT. 1. There is an existing datawindow with one table (A) selected. 2. Another table (B) is added in the select, but no columns are picked from table B. 3. Tables A and B are joined. 4. Go to the design of the datawindow. Then go back to Edit Data Source. 5. Table B disappears from the select. If anybody knows what the problem is ? TIA, Mahendra Dhamdhere Mahendra, I would suspect that PB is making a decision to drop the table because no columns are selected from it. Just curious - why join with that table if you don't nee...

Pb 4.0 with NT 4.0
Hi, Here a problem with Pb 4.0 on NT. 1. There is an existing datawindow with one table (A) selected. 2. Another table (B) is added in the select, but no columns are picked from table B. 3. Tables A and B are joined. 4. Go to the design of the datawindow. Then go back to Edit Data Source. 5. Table B disappears from the select. If anybody knows what the problem is ? TIA, Mahendra Dhamdhere Mahendra, I would suspect that PB is making a decision to drop the table because no columns are selected from it. Just curious - why join with that table if you don't nee...

PB 5.0.04 on NT 4.0 running MS SQL Server 7.0?
Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. Are there new SQL drivers available or required? TIA, pat yuen pyuen@carmafinancial.com 5.0.04 doesn't work with SQL7, you'll need to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or 7.0 Simon Pat Yuen wrote in message ... >Anyone running PB 5.0.04 on MS SQL 7.0? We're running against MS SQL 6.5 >and are considering upgrading to take advantage of some of the new features. >Are there new SQL drivers available or required?...

Deploying 16 bit PB 4.0 to NT 4.0
Development environment PB4.0 Maint Rel 6, 16 bit version runnning under Win95. One of our run time environments is Win NT 4.0 SP3. Database is SQL Server V6.5 SP3. App executes as expected in WFW 3.11 and Win95. Under Win Nt 4.0, I get a "File Error" message window stating "Cannot Find MSDBLIB3.DLL" when the app attempts to 'log in' to the db. The MSDBLIB3.DLL is located in the C:\mssql\bin directory which is in the PATH (included in AUTOEXEC.NT). Anybody know what's wrong? I can't seem to find any PB documentation which addresses deployment...

open client 10.0.4 on nt 4.0 terminal server edition
Although i'm able to use sqledit and ping my sybase servers, when I run Docs Open 3.71, i receive a dr watson access error with nlnwadvnt from the sybase\dll directory. any ideas?? thanks, wootene.atc@gao.gov ...

watcom 4.0 and Powerbuilder 4.0
Is there a conflict between 16 bit odbc and 32 bit odbc running under Win 95? I can't seem to connect to our Watcom SQL 4.0 databases. I get error message "Can't load interface...." What troubleshooting should I be doing? Do I need new ODBC drivers? Thanks Stephane ...

has anyone used IE Controls on NT 4.0 web server IIS 4.0?
Has anyone succesfully installed and got the IE Controls on and NT 4.0 Server with IIS 4.0? We want to use the controls but don't want to upgrade the server yet. Let me know if you have tried, and if succesful what you had to do to make it work. Thanks a Bunch George I didn't know that ASP.NET was supported on NT... I thought I read somewhere it was not....

SA 5.0.0.3 slow down on NT 4.0 server
We are having a problem with SA 5.0.0.3 slowing down over a period of time on an NT 4.0 (Service Pak 2) server Searches that used to take 5-15 secs start taking longer and longer, sometimes as long as 2-3 MINUTES. The only "solution" we have found is to shutdown the server. A warm reboot is not sufficient to return the performance to normal. We must power off the machine and restart. Once we do this, we are back to seconds for searches. Does anybody else have any input for this problem....Have already opened an issue with Sybase, seeking additional info to help diagnose the ...

Webaccess on NT 4.0 with IIS 4.0
Can someone recommend system specifications to run Webaccess on a Windows NT 4.0 with IIS 4. I'll be running the webaccess as a service? Possible number of users connecting would be about 50 to 100. I'm currently running GroupWise 6 and NetWare 6 on a separate NetWare server. Jim, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://supp...

HMC 4.0: 451 4.4.0
Hello, I started having Edge queue filled with 451 4.4.0 primary target ip address responded with: 421 4.2.1 unable to connect messages. This is for outgoing messages. Some messages are going out, others are in the queue. I was not able to find much searching the net. Can somebody please help? Thank you Alex Did you enable using External DNS?? Although you input it, it may not be enabled to use it. Please check.KK...

PowerBuilder 4.0 to 32 bit 4.0?
Would anyone have information about where to find the 32 bit version of PowerBuilder 4.0? I really don't want to upgrade to a wholly new version, when the one I have (PowerBuilder 4.0 Enterprise) has nothing wrong with it, save that it doesn't like Windows 98. I tried asking Sybase, but received no reply. If you can help, thank you. J. Ellner Good luck finding one, its been a long time since anyone has stocked that version. I'll dig around my basement and see what I can find. Regardless, If you are still doing development I recommend moving to a later version. The...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

PB 6.0/SQL Server 6.5/NT 4.0 using TCP/IP
I'm trying to connect a client to MS SQL Server 6.5 on NT4.0 over TCP/IP and am running into a strange situation that I hope someone can help me with. If I connect to the server in another domain and go out and see the server, PB will connect without a problem. If I'm not connected to the server, PB can't make the connection and will time out. Is there any way you can make the connection without having to have the OS level connection? Can anyone also give an area in the manual to look for how the connection is done to TCP/IP? I looked in Connecting To Your Database and...

connecting PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 using native drivers
Hi I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 using native drivers . I can connect to oracle using sql*plus and when i use the same connect string I get an ora 09352 error "Windows 32 bit two task driver unable to spawn new oracle task". I am using sql net 2.3. I can connect to oracle using ODBC. I would appreciate help on this matter. Thanks -Jeya 16-bit PB4 cannot use 32-bit sqlnet. PB/sqlnet must both be 16 or 32 bit. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Jeya wrote in message ... >Hi >I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 t...

Web resources about - PB 4.0 Timer event not triggered in NT Server 4.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Transport triggered architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer architecture , a transport triggered architecture ( TTA ) is a kind of CPU design in which programs directly control the internal ...

Managing the Storm How CSO Control Facility Operators Manage Pollution Triggered by Rain Storms
When it rains, most of us don't give a second thought to where all of the storm water goes. The story of what happens when it enters the sewer ...

'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings, says witness
When Islamic State militants stormed into a northern Iraqi village and ordered everyone to convert to Islam or die only one person refused. But ...

Police chief's dash for freedom triggered a landslide
Police chief's dash for freedom triggered a landslide

Al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri's message to Yemen chief triggered US embassy terror alert
The Obama administration's decision last week to close nearly two dozen diplomatic missions and issue a worldwide travel alert resulted from ...

Robin Williams suicide triggered by dementia, hallucinations: report
Robin Williams was suffering from a form of dementia that his family believes was a "key factor" leading to his suicide earlier this year, according ...

'Fear' triggered man to shoot Cookson
A Perth man on trial for killing his underworld housemate claims he was forced into having a threesome with the drug dealer during months of ...

Mega-flood triggered European ice age
Scientists say they have found the trigger of a sharp cooling 13,000 years ago that plunged Europe into a mini ice age. But one expert says ...

Earthquakes triggered by fracking wastewater in Oklahoma
More than 100 small-to-medium earthquakes have been triggered in Oklahoma in the past five years by drilling wastewater forced into the ground ...

How a Londoner living with his parents may have triggered 2010 'flash crash'
He operated from a modest suburban London home he shared with his parents, far from the city's glamorous financial centre. He used off-the-shelf ...