PB 4.0 -> PB 7.0

Hi!
arise?

0
LK

I have migrated 2 application from 4.0 to 7.0.  The applications were basic
and did not use a lot of inheritance, user objects,  or  OOP but I had very
little trouble with the code migrating.   I was also migrating from Windows
3.11 to NT 4.0 and I had more problem with 1. The generic printer driver.
2.  Migrating the 16 bit MSCOMM object to the 32 bit MSCOMM.OCX  and 3.
Migrating the Windows API's to the Win32 API's.  It was on the whole not
very difficult.  We are testing with no serious problems so far but we have
not put either into production yet

LK wrote:

> Hi!
> I'd like to migrate  PB 4.0 application into PB 7.0- is it possible?
> Has anybody  such kind of experience? What kind of problems might arise?
> thx
> Kornel

0
Wanda

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BF2B76.4270FEA0

Yes you can.

--=20

Gegroet

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

  LK <lengyel.kornel@axis.hu> schreef in berichtnieuws =
38294DFC.1AE7EB55@axis.hu...
  Hi!=20
  I'd like to migrate  PB 4.0 application into PB 7.0- is it possible?=20
  Has anybody  such kind of experience? What kind of problems might =
arise?=20
  thx=20
  Kornel=20

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BF2B76.4270FEA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Yes you can.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Gegroet</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The=20
Netherlands<BR>&nbsp; Eric's Home &amp; PB Site @ <A=20
href=3D"http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115">http://utopia.knoware.nl/=
users/cypr115</A><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>LK &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:lengyel.kornel@axis.hu">lengyel.kornel@axis.hu</A>&gt; =
schreef in=20
  berichtnieuws <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:38294DFC.1AE7EB55@axis.hu">38294DFC.1AE7EB55@axis.hu</A>..=
..</DIV>Hi!=20
  <BR>I'd like to migrate&nbsp; PB 4.0 application into PB 7.0- is it =
possible?=20
  <BR>Has anybody&nbsp; such kind of experience? What kind of problems =
might=20
  arise? <BR>thx <BR>Kornel </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01BF2B76.4270FEA0--

0
Eric

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01BF2C2B.BC21C990

My experience is that PB 7.0 is very nice and good for development but =
environment is unstable and slow.

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01BF2C2B.BC21C990

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My experience is that PB 7.0 is very =
nice and good=20
for development but environment is unstable=20
and&nbsp;slow.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01BF2C2B.BC21C990--

0
Milos

Migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0
Hi, I have some questions regarding migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0 1) I am migrating a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0. When I migrated the application, I got some warnings and Informational messages. I also got one error message in a user object : Error : C0181 : The argument to SetNull cannot be an autoinstantiate or structure. The argument I have is a structure instance. Is there another function I can use instead ? 2) This application also uses the funcky library. I was wondering what is a better substitute for these in 7.0. 3) Stephen Dupre also mentioned in on...

Q: Migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 7.0
Hello, I'm about to attempt the migration of a PB 4.0 application to PB 7.0 and I was wondering if there are any gotcha's I should know about before I begin. The application is a medium sized, non-pfc based client-server application that connects to Oracle 8 and is deployed as an .exe. The system stats are as follows: 5 menu items 9 user objects 17 windows 89 datawindows 2 structures 4 functions Any advice? I've migrated quite a few applications from one version to another, but never one that spans 3 versions... TIA, Bobby R Please post to the corr...

Q:Migration from PB 4.0 to PB 7.0
Hello, I'm about to attempt the migration of a PB 4.0 application to PB 7.0 and I was wondering if there are any gotcha's I should know about before I begin. The application is a medium sized, non-pfc based client-server application that connects to Oracle 8 and is deployed as an .exe. The system stats are as follows: 5 menu items 9 user objects 17 windows 89 datawindows 2 structures 4 functions Any advice? I've migrated quite a few applications from one version to another, but never one that spans 3 versions... TIA, Bobby R Bobby, The things th...

Migration from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0.1
Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1? I am having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't have in PB 5.0.4. Thank you Build 7021 for PB 7.0.1 from the Sybase website worked. Thanks for Help! Robert Wren, Jr. <rwren@home.com> wrote in message news:nUQVd1FX$GA.177@forums.sybase.com... > Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1? I am > having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't > have in PB 5.0.4. > > Thank you > > ...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PB 5.0.4 migration to PB 7.0.2 issue
I'm trying to help a colleague solve a problem she is having in a fairly complex application. Of course, the application works fine using PB 5.0.4, but after migrating, a sheet which opens a modal window is not stopping to wait for the modal window's result. If I create a simple modal window and open it from the sheet, it does the same thing. If I create a simple sheet and open the modal window from that sheet it works properly. I've done the regens and optimizations. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?! Also if you have any s...

Can PB 8.0.4 and PB 7.0.2 coexist in the same box?
Not the right newsgroup but yes, I have 7, 8, 9 all on the same machine, not that I use 7 anymore, just too lazy to remove it :) a. Jorge Luzarraga C wrote: -- Adam Simmonds Lead Analyst/Programmer � Web Development Student Administration Program Major Projects Group The University of Sydney Ph. +61 2 9351 5174 Mb. +61 403 341 474 ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

PB 7.0.03 vs. PB 7.0.02C3
Hi All I have this question. My company decided to move from PB 6.0 to PB 7.0.03. In the process, I learned about existing regression bugs in version 7.0.03. The solution to this problem would be to install PB 7.0.02C3. Does anybody know how to get this version, or any other reliable release of version 7? Regards Roman Pruszkowski I heard from this newsgroup the c3 8046 is the most stable version of PB 7.. you can download the upgrade for PB 7 from www.mysybase.com "Roman" <pruszkowskir@aecl.ca> wrote in message news:a1fgFzhsAHA.266@forums.sybase.com... ...

PB 7.0 to PB 5.0
Hi I am currently a PB7.0 programmer(1 year exp), but I found a new job which using PB5.0. My question is:Is it will very difficult for me(focus on syntax, powerful...) thank you very much Having done the same thing... almost... in the other direction, I can say that the actual coding portion of PB hasn't changed drastically between 5 and 7. There was a major rework of the IDE between 6 and 7, but extremely little change in syntax and/or available commands. There were, however, a few new features in 6 that weren't in 5 (shared objects, for one). Not a lot, t...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

Web resources about - PB 4.0 -> PB 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general