PB 11.5 & EAS 5.5 migration & JDK HELP

We are migrating to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5
We want to make minimal changes.  EAServer 5.5 supports JDK
1.4.2_13 (which is already on our previous EA server
version),   but  PowerBuilder 11.5 supports JDK 1.5.  Since
PowerBuilder is on the EAServer application server (5.5) can
we leave the JDK alone (use the version 1.4.2_13) or do we
have to upgrade it because PB 11.5 requires JDK 1.5?  TIA
0
Migration

Hi M;

Note: You can run EAS 5.5 with  JDK 1.5. Check your start-up options and the
installed EAS start-up links.

I use ... C:\Program Files\Sybase\EAServer\Bin\ServerStart.bat  -jdk15

Then check the EAS log and you should see that EAS has initialized using the
1.5 JVM.

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Migration> wrote in message news:49ecbee5.1332.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are migrating to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5
> We want to make minimal changes.  EAServer 5.5 supports JDK
> 1.4.2_13 (which is already on our previous EA server
> version),   but  PowerBuilder 11.5 supports JDK 1.5.  Since
> PowerBuilder is on the EAServer application server (5.5) can
> we leave the JDK alone (use the version 1.4.2_13) or do we
> have to upgrade it because PB 11.5 requires JDK 1.5?  TIA

0
Chris
4/21/2009 11:50:26 AM
Can PowerBuilder 11.5 support JDK 1.4.2_13

> Hi M;
>
> Note: You can run EAS 5.5 with  JDK 1.5. Check your
> start-up options and the  installed EAS start-up links.
>
> I use ... C:\Program
> Files\Sybase\EAServer\Bin\ServerStart.bat  -jdk15
>
> Then check the EAS log and you should see that EAS has
> initialized using the  1.5 JVM.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

> <Migration> wrote in message
> > news:49ecbee5.1332.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
> > migrating to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 We want to make
> > minimal changes.  EAServer 5.5 supports JDK 1.4.2_13
> > (which is already on our previous EA server version),
> > but  PowerBuilder 11.5 supports JDK 1.5.  Since
> PowerBuilder is on the EAServer application server (5.5)
> > can we leave the JDK alone (use the version 1.4.2_13) or
> > do we have to upgrade it because PB 11.5 requires JDK
> 1.5?  TIA

0
Migration

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Crystal Reports 8.5 && PB 6.5.1 && SQLServer 2K
I am trying to incorporate Crystal Reports(8.5) into my PowerBuilder App(PB 6.5.1) but i getting an error(599) ... i am also using SQLServer 2000 for my database ... I am doing API calls to the CRPE.DLL file. My Question are : 1.) Fisrt off which all files(dlls) would i have to include in my releases so that i can have this feature work smoothly without any problems on other client machine that do nothave the Crystal Reports software intalled . 2.) Do i have to specify the Datasource though pb codes ... i was told that once i have specified one through my System DSN that the app w...

Outlook & GW 5.5.5 (NW 6.5.5)
We have GW 5.5.5 for interoffice email & 50% of my employees have Outlook Express (or Outlook) for their internet email. My problem is whenever I upgrade a user from Outlook Express to Outlook I generally run into problem with GW or Outlook or both. My latest user I finally got her up on Outlook (2003), she had been running OE without any problems. After I finally created a 2nd profile for her because Outlook obviously didn't like her default Novell settings I got that to work. Now her GW will not open at all. Her notify works but that has been the case before with other...

Merging 2 GroupWise 5.5 & 6.5 domains & moving to new hardware & tree
--____HUUGUAJLOXECDNBRZZJF____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have two GroupWise domains, which I wish to merge into one. At the same = time, we are moving one to new hardware and a new tree... here's the = details: Domain #1 is the primary domain. It is GroupWise v6.5sp3, and all = components reside on a NetWare v6.5 box. It only has one post office. The = GroupWise objects reside in eDirectory tree #1. There are about 30 users = here. Domain #2 is a secondary (external) domain. It is GroupWise v5.5 (not sure = ...

NW 5 & GW 5.5 --> W2K & GW7
As if that's not enough acronyms! I've searched around this place with little to no results, so here goes nothing! Currently in place: Netware 5 server GroupWise 5.5 POA, MTA, Webaccess looking to go to: Windows 2000 Server GroupWise 7.0 POA, MTA, Webaccess I attended the local launch event for GW7 and asked a few questions that I thought would help me in my journey down the upgrade road. Currently all of our GroupWise clients connect to GroupWise via a direct IP. The Novell client is not installed on any of our end-user machines. At the event I was informed that I ...

Upgrading from NW5 & GroupWise 5.5 to NW65 & GroupWise6.5
Hello! I'm looking for some opinions and advice. I am currently looking for the most painless way to upgrade to GroupWise6.5 from GroupWise 5.5 EP. I have GroupWise 5.5 EP running on a Netware5 server at the moment. I also have a Netware6.5 installed in the same tree as the Netware5 server and have done all the necessary schema stuff to have NW65 and NW5 in the same tree using DS v7.62b for NW5. Long term I plan on ditching NW5 for NW65. I plan on upgrading to GroupWise 6.5 in the following way. 1. Move current GroupWise 5.5 EP domain and post office to NW65 server. ...

Migrating Consolidated 5.5.03 to ASE 11.5
Hi, We have decided to move our consolidated DB to ASE 11.5 under NT 4.0 SP3. Anyone out there done this? For grins I unloaded the DB and tried running the SQL. Of course it's Watcom SQL, not T-SQL. Anyone have any ideas to help out before I write perl to massage the SQL? Thanks, Tom Try opening your stored procedure in SQL Central as T-SQL. It might provide the translation for you. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX Powerdesigner(Data Architect module) did a good job for us. If you don't have the full version of Data Architect, ...

PB 6.5 & SQLAny 5.5.03 GPF
PB 6.5 GPFs on 2nd, sometimes 3rd connection to SQLAny 5.5.03 (from painter and script): PB60 caused an invalid page fault in module PBODB60.DLL at 0137:0278f96c. (pbodb60.dll 282KB, 10.06.1998. 10:09) TIA Igor igor@span.hr ...

EAS 5.5 and PB 11.5 Unable to create session for ...
How does Easerver know when to use PBVM115 rather than PBVM105? I am trying to get PB11.5 to play nice with EAS 5.5. Some have suggested an issue with PBVM. I have it in the shared folder. Migrated PB 10.5 to 11.5 without any errors Redeployed my proxies into PB 11.5 but when I run the app I get this: Sep 15 13:04:26 2009: PB Unable to get component class, application name or librarylist from repository for acs_jagrmtlink/j_rmtdata_collection Sep 15 13:04:26 2009: DEBUG: acs_jagrmtlink/j_rmtdata_collection (create container 2551) Sep 15 13:04:26 2009: DEBUG: acs_jagrmtl...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Exposing PB 11.5 components in EAS 5.5 as web service
I installed EAS 5.5 on our staging server and migrated/deployed our PB components to v11.5. Everything went smoothly and our site is working normally. However, in EAS 5.2 we had a couple of PB components exposed as web services in Eclipse 2.1. Version 3.1 of Eclipse is much different and I can't figure out how to do this. Is there some documentation on this? If not, has anyone done this and if so, what are the steps? Thanks, Tom This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01CAC8F4.92E46EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; ch...

storing graphics problem in 5.5.2 & 5.5.3
we are running delphi 2.01 and SQLAny 5.5.01; We store small graphics (pictures of real people) in the data base as a long binary... everything works well; When we upgraded to 5.5.02, the maximum amount of bytes that the DB will store of the SAME pictures that were being store previously is 7,420 bytes; the graphic is 15,478. I have logged many hours trying to decipher what may be happening and have not a clue... No errors are reported, the onyl thing that I know for sure is that everything worked under 5.5.01 and does not under 5.5.02 + 3; any clues or suggestions would be most a...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Web resources about - PB 11.5 & EAS 5.5 migration & JDK HELP - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

500-year-old Inca human sacrifice DNA illuminates migration wave
During the Inca civilization, which thrived in South America before the arrival of Europeans, ritual human sacrifices were known as &quot;capococha&quot;. ...

Migration and the fall of Sweden
Sweden prided itself on giving a warm welcome to outsiders &ndash; but a sense of injustice is swiftly growing.

Microsoft Office 2016: Tips for a seamless migration
... between older and alternative systems amongst the workforce, reducing the negative externalities caused from large scale system migration. ...

GOP Lawmakers Call For Curbs, Freeze On Muslim Migration To U.S.
... support for reducing or suspending visa issuances from Muslim countries. Weber told the panel that in the last year alone the Senate Immigration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.

This mass migration to US is over
Over the past 10 years, migration from has slowed considerably, partly because of America's sluggish economy.

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

Google, CloudEndure Offer Free Data Migration to Cloud Platform
Google and Cloud Endure are offering free data migration services to any business interested in transferring data from five or more servers to ...