PB 11 .Net Web Form return a simple string?

Is it possible to create a pb 11 webform app that will accept input parms
and return a simple string in response?    Not trying to convert an existing
app, I just want to be able to create web forms that can accept input parms,
query a database to determine the answer based on the parms, and then return
the answer in string format.  For example, if I typed in the following url
http://localhost.com/test?empid=1000 it might return "John Doe" as a simple
string.

0
Pat

WebForm is the wrong direction.

You can create a .net assembly and use this inside asp.

No big deal.

hth

Arnd

On 2 Dec 2010 13:39:14 -0800, "Pat Carboneau" <pcarboneau@emeraldcitysoftware.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to create a pb 11 webform app that will accept input parms
>and return a simple string in response?    Not trying to convert an existing
>app, I just want to be able to create web forms that can accept input parms,
>query a database to determine the answer based on the parms, and then return
>the answer in string format.  For example, if I typed in the following url
>http://localhost.com/test?empid=1000 it might return "John Doe" as a simple
>string.

0
Arnd
12/7/2010 8:18:54 PM
Hi Pat;

  I would recommend that you deploy the logic as a Web Service.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Pat Carboneau"  wrote in message news:4cf81202$1@forums-1-dub...

Is it possible to create a pb 11 webform app that will accept input parms
and return a simple string in response?    Not trying to convert an existing
app, I just want to be able to create web forms that can accept input parms,
query a database to determine the answer based on the parms, and then return
the answer in string format.  For example, if I typed in the following url
http://localhost.com/test?empid=1000 it might return "John Doe" as a simple
string.

0
Chris