PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation

Hello everyone,

After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything
works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install
EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I
get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way.
Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same
things on my second laptop everything is fine.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Thomas Brzozowski

0
Brzozowski

Is the error like this?

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

X Runtime Error!
Progam: c:\pb10\PowerBuilder 10.0\pb100.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
in an
unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

                            [OK]

If so, it's because EAServer 5.x upgrades ASA 9.0.1 to ASA
9.0.2.
4GL Page paiter uses ASA.

Check the registy and change 'start=' parameter that it uses
ASA 9.0.1.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\WebTargets\10.0
\Services\PSWebSupport.PSDataSourceServicePowerSite Static
Database
ConnectString

Value
Driver={Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0};
start="C:\pb10\SQL9\win32\dbeng9.exe" -m -Q -x none;
DBF="C:\pb10\Shared\Web Targets\WTStatic100.db";
AutoStop=yes;ENG=webtargets100;DBN=psstatic

> Hello everyone,
>
> After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean"
> WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel
> Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0,
> everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB
> I get runtime error that application has to be closed in
> an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility
> issue because after I do the same things on my second
> laptop everything is fine.
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Regards,
>
> Thomas Brzozowski

Correction of my last post.
Change following registry values to ASA 9.0.1 dll location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Adaptive
Server Anywhere 9.0\Driver

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\Adaptive
Server Anywhere 9.0\Setup

value=C:\pb10\SQL9\win32\dbodbc9.dll
This is ASA 9.0.1

> Hi,
>
> Is the error like this?

> ------------ Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
> ------------
>
> X Runtime Error!
> Progam: c:\pb10\PowerBuilder 10.0\pb100.exe
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it
> in an
> unusual way.
> Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.
>
>                             [OK]
> ------------
>
> If so, it's because EAServer 5.x upgrades ASA 9.0.1 to ASA
> 9.0.2.
> 4GL Page paiter uses ASA.
>
> Check the registy and change 'start=' parameter that it
> uses ASA 9.0.1.
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\WebTargets\10.0
> \Services\PSWebSupport.PSDataSourceServicePowerSite Static
> Database
> ConnectString
>
> Value
> Driver={Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0};
> start="C:\pb10\SQL9\win32\dbeng9.exe" -m -Q -x none;
> DBF="C:\pb10\Shared\Web Targets\WTStatic100.db";
> AutoStop=yes;ENG=webtargets100;DBN=psstatic
>
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean"
> > WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel
> > Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0,
> > everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under
> > PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed
> > in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine
> > compatibility issue because after I do the same things
> > on my second laptop everything is fine.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Thomas Brzozowski

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

FF-3.5.10 SM-2.0.5 TB-3.0.5 uploaded to netlabs/pub/mozilla/{APPLICATION}
Hi, some of you have seen it already, new versions of Firefox-3.5.x, Seamonkey-2.0.x and Thunderbird-3.0.x (with lightning) are on ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/mozilla/firefox ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/mozilla/seamonkey ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/mozilla/thunderbird Reorganization of the mozilla dir was necessary, since I've gotten problems with upload to the main directory. Since it was possible to upload in a subdirectory, I created for every application its own subdirectory. All versions report themselves as beta. However, this is due to their official release is coupled to the of...

Can't install PB 10.0, 10.5, or 11.5 in Vista
I can not install any version of Powerbuilder in Vista Enterprise SP1. 10.0 and 10.5 setups are closed due to DEP. 11.5 will not run due to "Can not create COM objects". These must be old issues but there is nothing in the release notes specific to installing on Vista. Must I contact support? Anyone? I had the same issue myself. The install kept crashing. I have not found a way to fix it yet nor have i found a work around. > I can not install any version of Powerbuilder in Vista > Enterprise SP1. 10.0 and 10.5 setups are closed due to > DEP. 11.5 will not run...

PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3
I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536. The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an .exe file. Loading instructions in the README.html file state: Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory: xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. ...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PowerBuilder 10.5 crashes after EAServer installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -------------------------------------------...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 3.0.10, 3.2.6, 3.4.5, and 3.5.3

EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry
What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used? set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation These are just convenience variables for concatenating to the path, so if they are filled in they'll be appended to the path constructed in SERVERSTART.BAT. There isn't a check that JAGUAR_PB10 actually includes the PB10 VM versus the PB9 VM or any other version. If the PB 10.5 DLLs are in C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder, you'll be fine as it's set now. On 15 Mar ...

How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )?
Hi All, How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )? Id any one have any example then please share with me Thanks cs99cs1@hotmail.com wrote... > How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver > 5.3. )? > > Id any one have any example then please share with me This might get you started. It works for me. // Get the cookie info from the browser so that the number of pages // per row can be set to what they wanted last time there were on // this screen. String c...

List::MoreUtils-0.25_1 pass on 5.10.1RC0, 5.10.0, 5.8.9, 5.8.8
Following up on my report that List::MoreUtils-0.24 failed its tests on the "maint-5.10 snapshot (aka 'RC0')" that came out on July, and Tassilo later confirming the nature of the problem ... List::MoreUtils-0.25_1 was just released on CPAN, and I have tested it manually from a download of the tarball from search.cpan.org, and the problem appears to be fixed. A clean unpack/Makefile/make/make-test passes all tests on 4 versions of Perl on my same PPCG4/MacOSX10.5.7 machine: - 5.10.1RC0 built by me with defaults, custom install loc - 5.10.0 built by m...

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

Web resources about - PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?