PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3

I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536.

The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an
.exe

file. Loading instructions in the README.html file state:

Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory:

   xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v

What does this mean?

Any help would be appreciated.
0
Gill

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)
We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5. Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and production environments. The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later. Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0? We do not employ any functionality in reference to WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5. P.S. This question was initially posed on t...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry
What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used? set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation These are just convenience variables for concatenating to the path, so if they are filled in they'll be appended to the path constructed in SERVERSTART.BAT. There isn't a check that JAGUAR_PB10 actually includes the PB10 VM versus the PB9 VM or any other version. If the PB 10.5 DLLs are in C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder, you'll be fine as it's set now. On 15 Mar ...

PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -----------------------------------------------...

How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )?
Hi All, How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )? Id any one have any example then please share with me Thanks cs99cs1@hotmail.com wrote... > How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver > 5.3. )? > > Id any one have any example then please share with me This might get you started. It works for me. // Get the cookie info from the browser so that the number of pages // per row can be set to what they wanted last time there were on // this screen. String c...

Anyone know PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.3 compatibility ??
We need to upgrade to PB 11.5 We have EAServer 5.3 Windows In the release notes it read: PowerBuilder 11.5 has been tested with EAServer 5.5 patched with EBFs 13993 and 14146, and EAServer 6.2 I can not find if it is compatible and supported with EAServer 5.3 I don't want to upgrade EAServer if I don't have to. But I have to upgrade from PB 10.5 because it's EOF has passed. TIA It wouldn't be officially supported but 5.5 isn't much different from 5.3 so it should be ok. If you want to be officially supported, I would upgrade to 5.5, not 6. <115...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

PB10.5 &EAServer 5.3
Second Attempt at Posting!!! ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536. The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an .exe file to install the EBF. Loading instructions in the README.html file state: Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory: xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. Hi Gill Suppose you unzipped the files into the directory C:\temp\download. At a cmd prompt, change directory to your EAServer installation, ...

Upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5
Name: Email: lenekerratgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Upgrade from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 Comments: Upgrade manager automatically upgraded from 3.5.3 to 3.5.5 on my AMD64 system using Ubuntu 9.10. The browser worked fine in its 3.5.3 configuration. Now after the upgrade, links do not respond to mouse clicks, my mouse scroll button doesn't work, browser locks up from time to time. Home icon goes to Mozilla site even though I input and save home as google. Preference goes blank when browser is open, the system is not usable now, and I have to figure out how to backup ...

Any releasedate for Jaguar 3.5, PowerDynamo 3.5 and PB 7.5

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

Web resources about - PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Java IO - Real's HowTo

Sybase Product Documentation
Sybase On-line Product Manuals

Why Choose Jetty? - Webtide
There are several open source HTTP servers and Servlet Containers available: Eclipse Jetty, Apache Tomcat, Glassfish, Resin, so a frequently ...

Contact Us - Trusted SSL Certificate - Wildcard SSL Certificate - SSL
To contact Entrust online-support, see this page for phone, fax, email and hours of operation. Or to track a service request (SR), fill out the ...

Jetty Documentation - Jetty - Codehaus

Liquidmatrix Security Digest - Default Passwords List - Liquidmatrix Security Digest
A large portion of this list was compiled using the great work by Phenoelit [table id=2 /]

Sow Ching Shiong - Vulnerability Research: Directory Traversal
Description Sybase EAServer is the leading solution for distributed and Web-enabled PowerBuilder applications. EA Server can be used to run ...

Powerbuilder Consultant, Powerbuilder Migration and Bespoke Software Development in West Sussex
Based in West Sussex UK, Powersoft offer a wide range of bespoke software development services. Our Powerbuilder & EAServer developers have 20 ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo