PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup)

We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5.

Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and
production environments.

The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to
PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later.

Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to
PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0?

Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5
and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0?

We do not employ any functionality in reference to
WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5.

P.S.

This question was initially posed on the
EAServer-PowerBuilder NewsGroup.

There does not seem to be any dynamic activity there!
-1
gill

Gill;

    All I can tell you is that I have PB 9.0.3, 10.2.1, 10.5 and 11 Beta 1
working well inside of EAS 5.3.

Regards ... Chris

<gill> wrote in message news:449acfcb.2cd3.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are migrating from PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5.
>
> Currently, we employ EAServer 5.1.0 in both development and
> production environments.
>
> The PB 10.5 installation guide states that if you migrate to
> PB 10.5 you need EAServer 5.3 or later.
>
> Can we migrate EAServer components built using PB 9.0.1 to
> PB 10.5 and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0?
>
> Can we migrate JSP Targets built using PB 9.0.1 to PB 10.5
> and deploy them to EAServer 5.1.0?
>
> We do not employ any functionality in reference to
> WebServices or any of the new Web features in PB 10.5.
>
> P.S.
>
> This question was initially posed on the
> EAServer-PowerBuilder NewsGroup.
>
> There does not seem to be any dynamic activity there!

-1
Chris

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

PB 10.5 & EAServer 5.3
I am trying to apply EAServer EBF 13536. The uncompressed EBF files for EBF 13536 do not contain an .exe file. Loading instructions in the README.html file state: Copy the EBF files over to your EAServer directory: xcopy<\download\*.*>/s/e/v What does this mean? Any help would be appreciated. ...

PB 10.5 Application Slow on Easerver 5.5
We have recently upgraded a PB9.2 application to PB 10.5 and migrated the Easerver components from Eas4.2 to 5.5 running on Windows 2000. The application response has degraded 10 fold. Saving data to the DB ( which runs through intercomponent calls for editing and updates in the eas package ) went from 10 seconds to more than a minute. We feel we do not have the server configured properly to handle this application. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Please open a case with technical support. You should not expect a 10- fold degradation in performance for such a chan...

EAServer 5.3 with PB 10.5 setenv.bat entry
What entry should be added to the setenv.bat file to reference the 10.5 PBVM or will the PB 10 reference be used? set JAGUAR_PB10=C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation These are just convenience variables for concatenating to the path, so if they are filled in they'll be appended to the path constructed in SERVERSTART.BAT. There isn't a check that JAGUAR_PB10 actually includes the PB10 VM versus the PB9 VM or any other version. If the PB 10.5 DLLs are in C:\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder, you'll be fine as it's set now. On 15 Mar ...

PB 10.5 ENT crashes after EAServer 5.3.0 installation
Hello everyone, After installation of PowerBuilder 10.5 ENT on a "clean" WinXP everything works fine (Toshiba Satellite, Intel Core-2 Duo), but as soon as I install EAServer 5.3.0, everytime I try to open a 4GL Page in design mode under PB I get runtime error that application has to be closed in an unussual way. Probalby this is a machine compatibility issue because after I do the same things on my second laptop everything is fine. Thanks for any help, Regards, Thomas Brzozowski Hi, Is the error like this? -----------------------------------------------...

How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )?
Hi All, How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver 5.3. )? Id any one have any example then please share with me Thanks cs99cs1@hotmail.com wrote... > How to read and write Cookies from a jsp ( powerbuilder 10.5 and Easerver > 5.3. )? > > Id any one have any example then please share with me This might get you started. It works for me. // Get the cookie info from the browser so that the number of pages // per row can be set to what they wanted last time there were on // this screen. String c...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

EAServer 3.5 C5 and IE 5.0 vs 5.5
Latest issue in the production release of my first EAServer product... Environment: EAServer 3.5 C5 Build PB 10077 NT4, SP6 Oracle 8.1.7...using OCI connection caches When using the IE 5.0 browser, most things seem to work (all work in development environment of course). Users using IE 5.5 are getting the generic PB error in TryInvoke (calling a component method). That effectively invalidates the Jaguar server; thus, the server must be restarted. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I just now discovered it was the browser version causing the problem...I've been d...

EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6
Hi ALL Who can tell me the difference between with EASERVER 3.5 and EASERVER 3.6 (EASERVER 3.6.1) thanks 361 is J2EE 1.2 complianant 36 is close to being compliant, and the final features are in 361 for J2EE 1.2 EAS 35 supports ejb 1.0. I strongly suggest you upgrade to 361. ...

EAServer 5.5 IIOP Connections vs EAServer 5.2
We just upgrade from EAServer 5.2 to 5.5. We are noticing different behavior with the iiop sessions. We are running the same code on both versions. Basically we only have stateless session beans deployed to EAServer. With 5.2 the number of iiop sessions never goes above 2. However with version 5.5 the number of iiop sessions grows quickly until it hits the max of 20 (I guess the developer version limit was changed from 5 to 20). Does anyone know if version 5.5 of EAServer change the way it manages the iiop connections? When are these connections released? Any information abo...

PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 any tips?
1. We are converting to PB 11.5 and would like to know if there are any lessons learned worksheets or something similar available. 2. A contact at a company who has converted to PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.5 on Windows environment. ...

Anyone know PB 11.5 & EAServer 5.3 compatibility ??
We need to upgrade to PB 11.5 We have EAServer 5.3 Windows In the release notes it read: PowerBuilder 11.5 has been tested with EAServer 5.5 patched with EBFs 13993 and 14146, and EAServer 6.2 I can not find if it is compatible and supported with EAServer 5.3 I don't want to upgrade EAServer if I don't have to. But I have to upgrade from PB 10.5 because it's EOF has passed. TIA It wouldn't be officially supported but 5.5 isn't much different from 5.3 so it should be ok. If you want to be officially supported, I would upgrade to 5.5, not 6. <115...

Cannot deploy EJB jar with EAServer Manager (EAServer 5.5 w/ jdk1.5)
Hello, After upgrading EAServer 5.2 to EAServer 5.5, I'm having trouble deploying my EJB jar file. If I attempt to deploy the EJB jar file using EAServer Manager, it fails outright with messages below. However, if I attempt to deploy using the jagant jag_deploy task it seems to function (there are warning messages that I've asked about in a separate post). Why can't I deploy with EAServer Manager? SYSTEM PARTICULARS: EAServer 5.5 with EBF EBF14146 -- Developer Edition Running Jaguar with -jdk15 "About Sybase Central" screen of EAServer Man...

Migrating PB 10.2 to PB 10.5 on EAServer 4.2
My company is currently running EAServer 4.2 and PB 10.2. We are interested in migrating PB10.2 to 10.5 but still keep EAServer 4.2. The installation guide for PB 10.5 mentions that if you migrate to PB 10.5 it is best to get EAServer 5.3. Does anyone have experience in this and if these two (PB 10.5 and EAServer 4.2) are compatible with each other? I would be very surprised if 4.x supported 10.5. It likely doesn't even know about that VM. Carson ____________________________________________ Carson Hager Cynergy Systems, Inc. http://www.cynergysystems.com Macr...

Web resources about - PB 10.5 and EAServer 5.3 (Intially posted on EAServer NewsGroup) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Netscape Mail & Newsgroups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Mail and Newsgroups , commonly known as just Netscape Mail , was an email and news client produced by Netscape Communications Corporation ...

Chinese newsgroup accused of extorting companies for coverage
Chinese newsgroup accused of extorting companies for coverage People's Daily Online Eight people from 21cbh.com, including the editor-in-chief, ...

NY attorney general gets more ISPs to block alt.* newsgroups
New York's Attorney General has turned his initial efforts against online …

ISPs agree to block access to child porn sites, newsgroups
Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable agree to block Internet newsgroups and Web sites nationwide that disseminate child pornography, according ...

Microsoft Plans Newsgroups Shutdown
Microsoft plans to close the more than 2,000 public newsgroups and 2,200 private newsgroups devoted to its various products and services. Discussions ...

NBCUniversal Newsgroup jobs - mediabistro.com
Jobs and recruiting for social media and traditional media professionals covering journalism, social media marketing, social games, web development, ...

Google Acquires Deja Newsgroup Service - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
Google purchased the Deja newsgroup archives last month and is now running them within its own site. Despite saving the service, Google came ...

Best and latest newsgroup - Page 2 of 5 info
... Subscribers Breaking RapidShare Stops Washington Lobbying Efforts and Regains Pirate Stamp On: 21/02/2014 Comments: 48 All Results For: newsgroup ...

More ISPs Decide to Filter Usenet Newsgroups
... in pressuring AOL and AT&T to join the ranks of Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable in limiting access to many or all of the Usenet newsgroups ...

AOL ditches newsgroups
Lack of use Win a Samsung 40-inch LED HDTV with The Reg and HP! AOL is pulling the plug on servers hosting newsgroups. AOL subscribers will ...