PB 10 web services on a Java app/web server

Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB
10 can be deployed (as a war file, for instance) to a java
app server (such as Tomcat) as web services

i saw a line on the pb 10 sales doc saying pb 10 supports
j22ee app servers through wizards that genearte proxies for
enterprise java beans... does that mean a yes?
0
Luciano

With PBridge from Sunlly (www.sunlly.com) you could do this.  You can
do it natively with PB if you are using EAServer.

On 22 Sep 2004 11:40:46 -0700, Luciano B wrote:

>Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB
>10 can be deployed (as a war file, for instance) to a java
>app server (such as Tomcat) as web services
>
>i saw a line on the pb 10 sales doc saying pb 10 supports
>j22ee app servers through wizards that genearte proxies for
>enterprise java beans... does that mean a yes?

0
Jim

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

How to call web service from asp.net application if web service is on web hosting server
Hi! my question is that how to call web service from asp.net if web service is present on web hosting srver....  Actually i created a web service and configure it in IIS and then call it from other asp.net application it works fine but when i copy that web service to web hosting server and call it from asp.net application it gives the following error Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modif...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

PB 10.5 and SQL 2005 Server Reporting Services Web Services ...
Has anyone implemented SQL 2005 Reporting Service Web Service using PB 10.5? I getting the error message (from SoapException) 'Cannot invoke the Web Service' for certain ReportExecution Service functions. In fact, every SOAP call gives the message Access Denied when debugging through TCP Trace. Also, the function 'ListRenderingExtension' returns the values properly but gives 'Access Denied' message in the trace (for almost all functions in Reporting Services) . But, the function call 'LoadReport' fails with an exception error 'Cannot ...

How do I merge web services' app.config with web app's web.config? Help!!
I have a web application project that uses a separate class library containing web service references (service layer). I want to be able to configure the web reference URLs dynamically and I know you can set this up by setting the URL behavior to  'Dynamic', etc, etc. The problem is VS2005 puts the URLs in the project's app.config file. When the class library becomes a DLL component, I have no way of accessing the app.config file.Is there a way to make the web reference project to look for the URLs in the web.config instead of its app.config? Or is there a way to merge this app.config w...

web web web

.NET web services Vs Java Web Services

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

convert java web app 2 .NET web app
Hi, i am able to convert java console app to .NET console app.but i am unable to convert java web based application to .NET web based application. can u give me some idea as to how to convert that. Thanks in advance,nizam. I believe the technical phrase is.. rtfm?  lol.  you're going to have to do it the hard way.  JSP operates on a different theory of web development than asp.net/asp.net 2.0Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but Live to code. Try these two links for sample code and free book from Microsoft, ...

web service hosted on same web server from ASP.NET Ajax web site
Hi,    We have create an ASP.NET AJAX enabled website and an another web service. Both were hosted on same server but have two different virtual directory. I have specified the 'Path' attribute of '<ServiceReference>' element of ScriptManager as 'http://localhost/virDirectory/myWS.asmx" (Absolute path). But when I run the ASP.NET application I am getting error. Same code worked when i moved asmx page to the asp.net application folder and point 'Path' attribute of Script Manager to relative one like Path="myWS.asmx". I have also ...

Web resources about - PB 10 web services on a Java app/web server - sybase.powerbuilder.general

United States Department of Health and Human Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The United States Department of Health and Human Services ( HHS ) is a Cabinet department of the United States government with the goal of protecting ...

APS Commissioner John Lloyd hits back at Andrew Podger claim that public service is 'cowering and weak' ...
APS commissioner John Lloyd hits back at claim that the public service has become 'weak' and 'lacking self-confidence'.

The Beatles music reportedly coming to one streaming service on Christmas Eve
When Apple Music launched back in June, it was noted that the music subscription service didn’t offer up the entire iTunes catalog with a few ...

Growth in Service PMI Shrinks Sharply
On Friday, the PMI Flash Services reading registered growth that fell sharply, not only well below the Econoday Consensus estimate of 56.1, but ...

2015’s top e-learning and web services offers at Cult of Mac Deals
‘Tis the season to take advantage of soon-to-end deals, and boy have we got some good ones. These are the top five deals of the year on comprehensive ...

The Beatles may hit streaming music services by Christmas
The Beatles haven't exactly been in a rush to embrace the online music world there's iTunes, Rock Band and that's about it. However, they might ...

IBM to Couple AT&T's Managed App, Hosting Services With Its Cloud
IBM takes on AT&T managed application and hosting services; Google leans on Microsoft for its Angular 2 launch; Microsoft offers a mea culpa ...

OracleVoice: Don't Make These 5 Mistakes When Buying Cloud Services
When you buy cloud services, heed these five best practices in order to avoid pitfalls.

Enterprise and midsize customer service solutions
When looking to purchase a customer service solution, buyers have to remember that more features is not better; many times more is just more. ...

Service Members, Vets Use #iwillprotectyou After Muslim Child Says She's Afraid
Service Members, Vets Use #iwillprotectyou After Muslim Child Says She's Afraid