pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling sequence

Is there any info on the Pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling
sequence, apparently C++ DLL's must be in this format in order,
for PB to call them as local external calls, any examples...?

My MS-VC++ source:

// TestDLL.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application.
//

#include "stdafx.h"

BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule,
                       DWORD  ul_reason_for_call,
                       LPVOID lpReserved
      )
{
    return TRUE;
}

 bool  TestDLL()
{

return true;

}

0
JacobL

I'm sure there is info available on this somewhere on msdn.microsoft.com
or check on www.google.com.

Basically it has to do with the order parms are placed on the stack and
who is responsible for removing them (caller or callee) or something
like that.

..dlls that you want to call from PB must use __STDCALL.

steve
[TeamSybase]

JacobL wrote:

> Is there any info on the Pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling
> sequence, apparently C++ DLL's must be in this format in order,
> for PB to call them as local external calls, any examples...?
>
> My MS-VC++ source:
>
> // TestDLL.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application.
> //
>
> #include "stdafx.h"
>
> BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule,
>                        DWORD  ul_reason_for_call,
>                        LPVOID lpReserved
>       )
> {
>     return TRUE;
> }
>
>  bool  TestDLL()
> {
>
> return true;
>
> }

0
Steve
8/28/2001 3:29:53 AM
Thanks...

"Steve Katz [TeamSybase]" <skatz11@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I'm sure there is info available on this somewhere on msdn.microsoft.com
> or check on www.google.com.
>
> Basically it has to do with the order parms are placed on the stack and
> who is responsible for removing them (caller or callee) or something
> like that.
>
> .dlls that you want to call from PB must use __STDCALL.
>
> steve
> [TeamSybase]
>
> JacobL wrote:
>
> > Is there any info on the Pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling
> > sequence, apparently C++ DLL's must be in this format in order,
> > for PB to call them as local external calls, any examples...?
> >
> > My MS-VC++ source:
> >
> > // TestDLL.cpp : Defines the entry point for the DLL application.
> > //
> >
> > #include "stdafx.h"
> >
> > BOOL APIENTRY DllMain( HANDLE hModule,
> >                        DWORD  ul_reason_for_call,
> >                        LPVOID lpReserved
> >       )
> > {
> >     return TRUE;
> > }
> >
> >  bool  TestDLL()
> > {
> >
> > return true;
> >
> > }

0
JacobL

Calling 16 bit dll from 32 bit Powerbuilder
I want to know if it is possible to call a function out of a 16 bit dll from within a Power Builder App that was compiled in 32 bit. If so, How ? Hi, No. This is not possible direclty. The most simple way is to get a 32bit version of that DLL, but you probably don't have that right? So, your in deep shit. You could create a thunking layer, which is a 32bit layer, converting 32bit calls to 16bit but this is not an easy task to do. Other option is creating a 16bit VB oleserver which calls your DLL. This ole server can be used within your 32bit PB environment. But first, try to g...

32 bit calling 16 bit
Hi! We're trying to upgrade an app from PB5.02 - 16 bit to 6.5. The trouble is that we call a lot of third-party 16 bit DLL's. Both our interface and the third party part does database calls (MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5). Can anyone shed some light on how we'd do this? (One friend mentioned we needed a "thunk" layer. Another didn't think you could "thunk" PB. I don't know enough about "thunk" to know what to think...). Thanks! Dennis Dennis, >We're trying to upgrade an app from PB5.02 - 16 bit to 6.5. The trouble is &...

Changing 16 bit API calls to 32 bit API calls.
Hi. I have an application which i am migrating from 16 Bit PB4 to 32 bit PB5. I have the following 16 bit API calls in the application. Can someone please let me what the corresponding 32 bit API calls would be and what libraries i can find them in? Also, where can i find information on API calls? function int FindWindow(string lpClassName, string lpWindowName)LIBRARY "user.exe" function int Winhelp(int iWindowHandle, string lpszhelpfile, uint fuCommand, long dwData) Library "user.exe" function ULONG MAPISendDocuments(uLong ulUIParm, string lpszDelimChar, string ...

32 bit PowerBuilder and 16 bit executables
Hi, Well, I am glad to know that I'm not the only one having 32bit vs 16bit problems. We have a rather small app (6 pbls / an average of 4 objects per pbl). We are compiling this app as a 16 executable using PB5 32bit. The compile is good (I guess) but when I start the app I get an external reference error when the app tries to use a non visual residing in one of the DLLs. Now I have done all of the things that any good PB developer would do (specify all PBLs as PBDs, make sure all the DLLs are in the same directory as the EXE, make sure the EXE has a different name as the DL...

16 bits ccmail and 32 bits powerbuilder application
Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from 32 bits powerbuilder application ? Thanks in advance ...

16 bits CCmail and 32 bits Powerbuilder app
Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from 32 bits powerbuilder application ? Thanks in advance Check out my site : http://members.xoom.com/sanskrut It may help you!! All the best in advance!! Nirav. Zakia Pirzada wrote: > Does any one know how to create and send email to 16bits ccmail 2.2 from > 32 bits powerbuilder application ? > > Thanks in advance ...

16 bit and 32 bit api calls from PB app.
Hi, i have an application that i want to run on both windows 3.1 and windows 95 pc's. however, i am making some api calls in this application. i would like to make 16 bit api calls if the pc is running 3.1 and 32 bit calls if it is 95. is there any way i can find out what operating system the pc has, as soon as my app is started up? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, Rohit Look at the environment object. This is what you need. Regards, Costas Tsaklas[TeamPS] Elevated Technologies, Inc. - New York www.elevatedtech.com Rohit Sankholkar wrote in message ...

Calling 16-bit functions (DLL) from 32-bit App?
I've migrated a 16-bit app to a 32-bit app recently. The one problem is that we purchased a communications DLL from a third party who has since gone out of business, so there's no chance at getting a 32-bit version. The DLL is 16-bit, and PowerBuilder (32-bit) has a problem opening the library. Is there anyway to call functions in a 16-bit DLL from a 32-bit application? Chris, Unfortunately not. Unless the DLL is 'thunkable', then it can't be accessed from PB. Who is/was the 3rd party vendor? hth, -- Anthony M. Perugini Principal Consultant CPDP,...

Calling 16 bit DLL from 32 bit PB app
Is it possible to call a 16 bit C DLL from a 32 bit PB application? If so, what is the correct calling convention in C. I am using PB 6.5.1 Thanks, Brian Wetzel wetzelb@mindless.com On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:24:23 -0500, "Brian Wetzel" <wetzelb@mindless.com> wrote: I seem to recall there used to be a white paper on the Sybase Web site describing how to access 16 bit ODBC from 32 bit PB. That makes me thing that it is possible, but I don't remember the specifics. You might want to check out the Sybase site and see if you can find anything. I'll check...

PB 16 bit and PB 32 bit and API calls
Hello, I am trying to do a API call for a fingerprint reader. I have done all of the global declarations and I am sure all variables are mapped correctly. I don't get any errors from the function I am calling into, however I do get a PB error on the Global function I declared. The error is telling me that there is an invalid stack pointer. This function returns the number of the device which was created which is essentially a pointer. My question is this. Since I am running PB 7 which is 32 bit is it possible that if these ..DLL's I am calling into is 16 bit will I get ...

16 bit to 32 bit
First, I know nothing about assembler, but I have an old ASM source file which was used to create a lib for TC and BC, and an OBJ for TP. I would like to use this code in Delphi but when I try and $L link it, I get complaints about a 16 bit segment found. How involved is it to convert an old 16 bit ASM file in order to link it in D2010? Richard richard skinner wrote: > How involved is it to convert an old 16 bit ASM file in order to link > it in D2010? It depends on the complexity of the original code, I suppose. Is there a compelling reason to keep it in assembly ...

32 bit or 16 bit??
How can I tell if my IM5.0 is the 32 bit version or the 16 bit version? I could not find a clue anywhere except in the Windows Registry where IM5 was using something called Win32. Mike Sprayberry If I remember correctly, the Help About shows whether it is 16 or 32 bit. The fact that it appears in the registry suggests that it is 32-bit. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Techwave 2000: http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000/ "Mike Sprayberry" <michael.sprayberry@dot.state.fl.us> wrote in...

Converting 16-bit API calls to 32-bit using pbm_commnotify
I'm converting an old PB5.0 app to PB6.5 and having problems with API calls to do a credit card validation via modem. The original code appears to have been copy/pasted with only minor modifications from Sept/1995 PowerBuilder Developer's Journal ("Serial Communications Manager" http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/source/995/robinson.htm). Now I need to make it work with 32-bit APIs. I've never worked with serial communication before, so I feel a bit like a fish out of water here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The main problem I'm experiencing is with the p...

16-bit to 32-bit
Is there any reason why code written in PB5.04 16-bit does not run correctly in PB5.04 32-bit? We have a PB5.04 16 bit application which runs fine and builds fine but when we try to migrate the application to PB5.04 32-bit or PB6.0 or PB7 the application appears to build okay but does not run properly. When run through the debugger, the application shows that the AddItem is returning a -1 for the second icon to be placed on a ListView object. If we do not run the application through the debugger no errors are displayed but then no information is depicted in the tabpages which are d...

Web resources about - pascal(16-bit) or standard(32-bit) calling sequence - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
St. Catharines Standard , a St. Catharines, Ontario, newspaper Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;additional ...

Aiken Standard - Local News Updated throughout the Day
Your Source for local news in Aiken, South Carolina. Visit our site for recent updates, video, breaking news, and much more.

Business Standard :: Business News,Finance News, World Business, India Stock News, Indian stock market ...
Business Standard, Indias leading business newspaper, provides latest news on stock markets, investing, companies, industry, banking, finance, ...

Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines
Manila Standard Today - Latest News in the Philippines

The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.
The Weekly Standard - A Weekly Conservative Magazine and Blog of News and Opinion.

Bulletin Standard
Breaking USA News & Headlines; Latest News and Current News from America, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San ...

WA bushfire building standards could add $50,000 to cost of new home
New homes being built in bushfire risk zones in WA will need to conform to new building standards released on Sunday&nbsp;that could add $50,000 ...

Retirement living standards aren't so bad. You don't need much super
Retirees&rsquo; cost of living is not as outrageously high as the industry would have us believe.

ANU leads nation's research as University of Canberra tops world standards
... reaffirmed its position as a world leader in research as the University of Canberra has been recognised for research well above the world standard ...

Standard Of Review: How To Get Away With Murder’s Mid-Season Finale Is Predictable And Underwhelming
Television critic Harry Graff really was not very interested in what happened to Annalise Keating (Viola Davis) in the mid-season finale.