Parent of the parent

Hey guys,

How can I trigger events on the parentwindow of the parentwindow ... ?

I know that it has to do something with :

lw_parent = n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet()

And then

lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet()

Or something like that ...

I hope someone can help me ...

Thnx in advance,

Greetz Bart !
0
Bart

First step is to get the window you are on. If you've got PFC, or can
install it with the custom installation, look at of_GetParent() on
most (all?) visual user objects in the PFC layer, like pfc_u_dw. It
basically does GetParent() in a loop until it finds one of type
Window!. The second step should be pretty easy, just use the
ParentWindow function.

Good luck,

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:42:39 -0500, Bart wrote:

>How can I trigger events on the parentwindow of the parentwindow ... ?
>
>I know that it has to do something with :
>
>lw_parent = n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet()
>
>And then
>
>lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet()

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
3/21/2003 3:27:17 PM
IF A is the parent of B who is the parent of C, put a function on B to call
the function on it's parentwindow (which would be A) and have C call that
function on B (usign parentwindow) which calls the function on A.

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface

0
Joe_Slawsky
3/21/2003 3:56:18 PM
This.GetParent().GetParent().ClassName() will give the name of the parent of
the parent.

<Bart> wrote in message
> Hey guys,
>
> How can I trigger events on the parentwindow of the parentwindow ... ?
>
> I know that it has to do something with :
>
> lw_parent = n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet()
>
> And then
>
> lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet()
>
> Or something like that ...
>
> I hope someone can help me ...
>
> Thnx in advance,
>
> Greetz Bart !

0
Raju
3/21/2003 4:21:27 PM
Bart wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> How can I trigger events on the parentwindow of the parentwindow ... ?
>
> I know that it has to do something with :
>
> lw_parent = n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet()
>
> And then
>
> lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet()
>
> Or something like that ...
>
> I hope someone can help me ...
>
> Thnx in advance,
>
> Greetz Bart !

Simple note: the parent window of an MDI sheet is always the MDI frame.
If n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet () returns an MDI sheet (as the name
would imply), then lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet () will be returning
the MDI frame (contradictory to what the name of the function implies).

0
Bug
3/21/2003 9:26:57 PM
parent.getparent().getparent(). ... .getparent().getparent().dynamic Event
ue_myEvent()

"Bug" <fenterbug@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Bart wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > How can I trigger events on the parentwindow of the parentwindow ... ?
> >
> > I know that it has to do something with :
> >
> > lw_parent = n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet()
> >
> > And then
> >
> > lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet()
> >
> > Or something like that ...
> >
> > I hope someone can help me ...
> >
> > Thnx in advance,
> >
> > Greetz Bart !
>
> Simple note: the parent window of an MDI sheet is always the MDI frame.
> If n_pass_data.of_get_parent_sheet () returns an MDI sheet (as the name
> would imply), then lw_parent.of_get_parent_sheet () will be returning
> the MDI frame (contradictory to what the name of the function implies).

0
bede

Better way to do Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent....
I want to find a tabstrip on the page, then hide a couple of them.  Seems like it takes 5 or 6 .Parents to get to the node with the control before I can do a FindControl  Is there a better way to do this? Hi, You can try implementing a Recursive FindControl method that will drills into child controls in  Page. Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET  You could do something a bit more elegant using an extension method like this:  public static class...

using parent.parent
I have two user objects, a tab control u_cst_control and a tabpage u_cst_page. They happen to be inherited from PFC objects, but I don't think that's relevant. If I can put this script in an event on u_cst_tabpage, and it works fine... parent.dynamic of_Test() Why can't I put this script in an event on a dw on u_cst_tabpage? parent.parent.dynamic of_Test() The syntax seems OK, since the error I get is "parent is not an attribute of u_cst_tabpage" In other words, it found the first level parent OK - got its name right anyway. What approach shoul...

Parent.Parent.Column
I've got a DataSet with four DataTable's in it. Each table is a parent to another table, each having a DataRelation joining them. I need to do a Compute on the bottom most child table, and in my filter expression I want to only compute records whose parent's parent has a certain column value. The problem is that the expression parameter doesn't allow cascading upwards for parent rows. "Parent.Column" works just fine, but "Parent.Parent.Column" doesn't. I really didn't expect it to, but I was giving ADO the benefit of the doubt. Is there any clean way around this? Since the DataTable object i...

Parent
pb803(9704) my script: open(wr_test,w_parent) Question: which message does powerbuilder kept w_parent in. I checked message.PowerObjectParm, but it is null in the open event of wr_test. In wr_test, I need to know the parent window, so I can fire an event from the parent. Please show me the function to get the parent in wr_test. Thanks. Julie; If PowerObjectParm is NULL, then when you pass w_parent, it must be null as well (NO reference) Where is this script located? HTH, Austin <Julie> wrote in message news:3f5cc0b2.730a.846930886@sybase.com... > pb803(9704) ...

popup window to parent and parent to popup

Parent..Child Getting the Child to talk with the Parent..
If i launch a child window or popup from the parent (web forms).. can the child read from a datagrid that lives on the parent?  if so.. how??  what about usiong a session.. something like this./ ChildDS = (System.Data.DataSet) Session["ChildDS"]; how long does this last?? is this a good way of doing it?? That would work and the default timeout is 20 minutes or as long as the Session is active. Is this a good way depends more on your circumstances. Do you need the entire Grid? Then yes. If not, think of a new way, such as passing only what's needed. NC...   ...

datesingle-parents.com
Name: Speerrylayelo Email: styclesepataoldotcodotuk Product: eBay Companion Summary: datesingle-parents.com - single parent dating online Comments: <B>datesingle-parents.com</B> As a single mom or dad, you know how tough it can be to be a single parent. By the time you have the kids dropped off for school, you still have to go to work, cook, clean, do laundry and many other activities that take up every second of the day. Its not easy being a single parent and it certainly can be lonely. When you do try to date, you can discover that many men and women do not want to ...

Promote Child Portal to Parent and Parent Portal to Child
Here is my situation. When I created our website at work, we were in charge of a Division of the company in a Directorate, Division, Branch style setup. So I developed the site with the Division as the parent. Now we have been requested to re-do and start maintaining the Directorate level website and all childs. So how do I promote a Child Portal (Directorate) to the Parent Portal and my current Parent Portal (Branch) to a child? I tried changing the portal aliases to no avail. Any other suggestions?Jeremy...

Passing Value from the Child Window to the Parent (And do a Parent Refresh)
Okay here is the code to open a new window (Child window). In the child window we have a gridview with checkboxes. You select certain items from the gridview. And press the button control and those items that are selected are displayed on the Parent page (Parent page automatically refresh) using the child page. Parent Page Code: using System; using System.Data; using System.Configuration; /*  * Mohammad Azam  * azamsharp@gmail.com  * www.gridviewguy.com  * MCP  *  *  * */ using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using Syste...

Replicating a parent table that is not the main (parent) table in a publication...

Override table css from parent css and parent class
Hi,    We have created several css files, where table class (css) exists with border style defined with border 1px black solid, not I override this table class inside a grid setting border to 1px white solid, now I want to override this table class for pagerstyle css class setting border to 0 or none...How can I achieve this???   I have somewhat resolve this problem after scratching head and other things...This happens when learning something you have not mastered yet ...

how to get reference to parent page and/or parent user control
I have a server control that needs to access either the immediate user control that contains it, if the control is directly contained in a usercontrol, or get the parent page. The reason it needs to do so is to determine whether these implement a particular Interface that exposes certain methods that determine the server control behaviour. By using "this.Page" it is easy to gain access ot the page, but I am not sure how one goes about getting the parent usercontrol. Is looping up the parent control hierarchy the only option? Thanks, Olja olja:Is looping up the parent control hierarchy t...

Selecting Parent's Parent (Grandparent?) of found childNode

How to open a text file from parent of parent's directory?
I have an application in localhost/template/default/ and I want to open a text file in localhost/user/user1/ directory.Application pool is created for localhost and  localhost/template/default/.Please help me... Hi,If you need to find a specific resource in one of the web server's directory, first make sure that the ASP.NET process has access to it. Then use Server.MapPath("~") to get the current root or use Request.PhysicalApplicationPath to get the full path and modify it to point it to the appropriate resource on the web server.HTH,VivekSocial Networking Platform in A...

Web resources about - Parent of the parent - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Parent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A parent is a caretaker of the offspring in their own species. In humans, a parent is of a child (where "child" refers to offspring, not necessarily ...

Are You Interested Parent Snap Interactive Is Very Interested In Facebook Mobile App Install Ads
... by Cupid’s arrow and began what it hopes will be a long, healthy relationship with the social network’s mobile app install ads , as AYI parent ...

Kelmscott, Lakes, all-in-brawl footy parents receive life bans from WAFC
An all-in-brawl at a junior footy match has resulted in life bans and sideline suspensions for a group of parents.

Special childcare help for parents on irregular hours under Turnbull plan
EXCLUSIVE: Special arrangements will be put in place to ensure parents who work irregular hours &ndash; such as fly-in fly-out workers &ndash; ...

Meeting the Parents This Holiday? Here's What You Need to Know
... starters. Did you volunteer for the Peace Corps or spend two years doing missionary work? Did you recently get a promotion? If you're a parent, ...

For parents on the fence, it's time to get that puppy
Pediatricians weigh in on the benefits to kids from having a dog

Democrats introduce bill to help low-income parents put clean diapers on their babies
... who make about $29,000 a year, still spend 5 percent of its income on them. Yet the richest only has to expend 1 percent of its income. Parents ...

Chris Hemsworth Paid Off His Parents' Debts
Chris Hemsworth Paid Off His Parents' Debts

Portland Clinic's Advice To Parents: To Protect Kids From Toxic Stress, Put Own Oxygen Mask On First
Since 2013, pediatricians in Portland have been asking parents to think back to their own history as children. Did they experience abuse or neglect? ...

‘It’s Just Scary’: Parents Learn Son, 2, Was ‘Physically Bound’ at Day Care Center
DAVISON, Mich. Jason and Rebecca Vannest spent more than a year trusting they made the right choice in selecting a day care for their son. Earlier ...