OLE Web Browser ?

When performing a naviagate -

Does navigate do a post or a get?  If it does a get how do I do a post?

0
ChrisHart

I'm not sure the answer to your specific question, however I
do have a suggestion.  Using the OLE browser is not the best
way to send out automated url posts or gets.  Use the built
in PB Inet object, which does give you control over whether
a POST or GET is used.

> When performing a naviagate -
>
> Does navigate do a post or a get?  If it does a get how do
> I do a post?

0
David_T
2/4/2004 8:48:05 PM
Will this allow me to operate a web browser within a pb window? If so can
you give me the basic implementation steps?

<David_T> wrote in message news:40215a85.4f2b.846930886@sybase.com...
> I'm not sure the answer to your specific question, however I
> do have a suggestion.  Using the OLE browser is not the best
> way to send out automated url posts or gets.  Use the built
> in PB Inet object, which does give you control over whether
> a POST or GET is used.
>
> > When performing a naviagate -
> >
> > Does navigate do a post or a get?  If it does a get how do
> > I do a post?

0
ChrisHart
2/4/2004 9:11:12 PM
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode/webbrowser.zip

--
This is a FAQ, read Help, then search
www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

"ChrisHart" <chris.hart@turner.com> wrote in message
> Will this allow me to operate a web browser within a pb window? If so can
> you give me the basic implementation steps?
>
> <David_T> wrote in message news:40215a85.4f2b.846930886@sybase.com...
> > I'm not sure the answer to your specific question, however I
> > do have a suggestion.  Using the OLE browser is not the best
> > way to send out automated url posts or gets.  Use the built
> > in PB Inet object, which does give you control over whether
> > a POST or GET is used.
> >
> > > When performing a naviagate -
> > >
> > > Does navigate do a post or a get?  If it does a get how do
> > > I do a post?

0
Philip
2/5/2004 1:17:54 AM
No, but it will allow you to send POST requests to a url.
You can capture the output stream and perhaps save it to a
temporary file and load that file in the embedded browser.

Search the PB help for the INET object, it gives good
examples to get you up and running.

> Will this allow me to operate a web browser within a pb
> window? If so can you give me the basic implementation
> steps?
>
> <David_T> wrote in message
> > news:40215a85.4f2b.846930886@sybase.com... I'm not sure
> > the answer to your specific question, however I do have
> > a suggestion.  Using the OLE browser is not the best way
> > to send out automated url posts or gets.  Use the built
> in PB Inet object, which does give you control over
> > whether a POST or GET is used.
> >
> > > When performing a naviagate -
> > >
> > > Does navigate do a post or a get?  If it does a get
> > > how do I do a post?

0
David_T

Powerbuilder ole web browser
Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1 Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine. Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what website i open, it simply does not work. Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field and pressing <ENTER> works fine. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks Eric This seems to be to do with IE7. There is a discussion here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1070374&SiteID=1 I can't see any easy fix from PB but see for yourself. The article points to ...

How to open new browser window for ole web browser control?
I insert a web browser control in my PB window, and I place a command button named "New Browser" in order to open a new browser window, I set the code for clicked event of the command button as follows: oleobject lob_browser boolean lb_cancel = True ole_1.Event newwindow2(lob_browser, lb_cancel ) the result is NO any window was opened. What is the problem? In addition, How can I obtain the current URL when the browser is navigating? Thanks a lot. ...

ole web browser
Hi When I am trying to resize an ole browser, (Microsoft web browser), the object within the ole resize in an odd way. I figured out that the measurement units of the object, within the ole, is different from the ole measurement units. How can I synchronize between the ole and the object so when I am resizing the ole the object within the ole will resize too, to fill the ole display area? thanks. ZAky Have a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://cgi...

Web Browser OLE
I'm using the Microsoft Web Browser OLE (Shell.Explorer) to open up pdf's and doc's in PB. The only problem is that when I open up a doc file the menu bar for the save button isn't visible (I know it can be added by right-clicking and showing the standard menu). The thing is I want to add a PB button that will do the save for me. How can I manipulate the browser OLE to allow me to save the doc file inside the browser? ...

OLE Web Browser Control
Everyone, Not getting argument values in the BeforeNavigate2 or NavigateComplete2 events when the ole control is embedded on a window during runtime executable. Get the arguments running within development, but not at runtime. Using PB 7.03 build 10312. Noticed after some research, this is an on-again/off-again things with certain builds. Willing to migrate to any version of PB that this is working. Please let me know, ASAP. Email jsmitchell@kforce.com and or respond to the group. TIA!!! Thanks, Scott http://www.topwizprogramming.com/ "some dude" <some...

Printing from Web Browser OLE
I am displaying raw XML in Microsoft Web Browser OLE Control. I need to provide the user with the ability to print the xml but I do not want to ensure that the URL is not displayed in the header or footer of the printout. Is there a way to clear out the header and footer values through the ole object. Thanks The URL in the header/footer is a browser setting. If you open any page in the browser and select File | Page Setup from the menu, you'll see the header setting that looks similar to "&w&bPage &p of &P" and a footer setting that looks like "...

Web Browser Ole Control
I have a window with the Web Browser ole object in it. I'd like to close that window based on action taken within the Web page, without getting the IE message: "The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close the window?" Is there a way around that? Thanks in advance. AFAIK, not -- the emssage is displayed by IE, not PB, and unless there is a global IE setting (which I am not aware of) to suppress this behavior, you're out of luck here. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchan...

OLE Web Browser Problem
Was told to post this here..so here it is again :) This code works perfect in 6.5 but in 10 I am getting an external exception - basically it dies on assigning the width and height of the ole control. I used message boxes to check the widths and heights of the ole_image and r_image and they are valid...but as soon as I try and do the assignment I get an error message telling me that the Component Died...and that the Error: Error accessing external object property at line 41...etc. The ole custom control is the microsoft web browser. ole_image.object.width = UnitsToPixels (r_im...

Web Browser OLE Control
I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application, using IE 4, service pack 2, and PB 503. We use function keys instead of the mouse clicks. I want to be able to capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the browser ole object. I have been able to map the function keys to an invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for "escape". It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the application. Also, I have found that before focus is lost...

OLE Web Browser in PB
We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which are avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could provide me with some information regarding the functions /events avialable in the OLE web Browser. Basically, you want ole_web_browser.object.Navigate(ls_Url). Here's your resource: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa752043.aspx > We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser > to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which > are avialable thru it. If would be great ...

ole web browser control
ok I put one of these microsoft we browser controls on a window how do I use it? is there anywhere where I can read up on this? Warren Take a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip Note: the demo app is PFC-based, so you'll need to add the PFC PBLs to the library list before you can run it. That said, the demo can be ported to native PB very easilly. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "Warren Harris" <admin@harrisoftware.com> wrote in message news...

OLE Web Browser integration
I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application. We use function keys instead of the mouse clicks. I want to be able to capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the browser ole object. I have been able to map the function keys to an invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for "escape". It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the application. Any ideas? I've tried just about everything I can think of. I forgot to mention...

Datawindow printout with Web browser OLE
Hi We want to display a dw report with plain DBMS columns. In addition to these, we want to display some text formated as HTML. Inserting the OLE Microsoft WEB Browser seems to do the trick. I can load any web/file into the DW.ole_object. But how do I print the report as I normally would, so that my SQL columns are printed aswell as the HTML text? dw_1.print ()?? I have read most posting on this news group also looked at http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads.xhtml (Web browser control demo) I manage to insert the web control on bo...

weird OLE web browser behaviour
Dear All, Just wondering have anyone experience the follow behaviour with ole web? - Try to print content using execWB(); - Click on Print button with code (ole_1.Object.ExecWB(6,1) ), nothing apprears. - Click on OLE Web Browser control, Print dialog appears... How can i make it after i click on the button, Print dialog appears on the spot? Any advise are welcome. TIA James Based on what I've seen, it looks like the web browser control does not actually print the contents of the on-screen-window, instead it creates a whole new view of the page for printing fr...

Web resources about - OLE Web Browser ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Nokia Browser for Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy paste support is poor. If you have a device with no Control-key or Pen-key, you can not copy paste in most web forms. With older Nokia models, ...

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Browser extensions help avoid online spoilers
There are at least two extensions for Google's Chrome browser that will help you stay away from spoilers for the new film.

Price Drop: Life Web Browser
Life Web Browser 1.5 Device: iOS Universal Category: Productivity Price: Free, Version: 1.5 ( iTunes ) Description: Life Web Browser is Universal! ...

Microsoft to open source Chakra, the JavaScript heart of its Edge browser
... in Florida today, Microsoft announced that it is open sourcing Chakra, the JavaScript engine used in its Edge and Internet Explorer browsers. ...

Microsoft settles shareholders' lawsuit over browser blunder
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) executives settled a lawsuit with shareholders after a "technical error" cost the company a $732 million fine from European ...

One of Google Chrome's best features is coming to Microsoft's new web browser
Microsoft Edge, the replacement for Internet Explorer, could be about to get browser extensions after launching without them, according to a ...

Google hopes Go will give a browser boost
The Net giant is working to integrate its new Go programming language with its Chrome browser and Native Client technology to speed Web-based ...

Microsoft's Edge keeps shedding share as users pick other browsers on Windows 10
Microsofts Edge browser, the replacement for Internet Explorer on Windows 10, continues to struggle to retain users, according to multiple metrics ...

Star Wars Lightsaber Escape is a cool piece of tech that links your phone and a browser
Google has launched a cool little browser game that links up your smart phone as a controller, and pits you against a series of Stormtroopers ...