OLE Web Browser in PB

We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser to
open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which are
avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could provide
me with some information regarding the functions /events
avialable in the OLE web Browser.
0
Hiren

Basically, you want ole_web_browser.object.Navigate(ls_Url).
 Here's your resource:

> We have requirement in our project to use OLE Web Browser
> to open up a site. I am not aware of the functions which
> are avialable thru it. If would be great if anyone could
> provide me with some information regarding the functions
> /events avialable in the OLE web Browser.
0
Mitch
5/8/2007 11:55:27 AM
I have an example you can download on my website:

http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_webbrowser.html

0
Roland

Powerbuilder ole web browser
Powerbuilder 10.2 / PB 11.1 Open a website with the ole webbrowser work fine. Except that I can not select from a drop down. Does not matter what website i open, it simply does not work. Using <ALT><Arrow down> and <Arrow down> to scroll to the correct field and pressing <ENTER> works fine. Is this normal behaviour? Thanks Eric This seems to be to do with IE7. There is a discussion here: http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1070374&SiteID=1 I can't see any easy fix from PB but see for yourself. The article points to ...

pb ole web browser post or get
Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do I do a post? GET -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com "ChrisHart" <chris.hart@turner.com> wrote in message news:4020288d$1@forums-1-dub... > Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do I do a post? > > i don't know how to do a post but a know what could be a workaround create a temporary webpage with a form holding all the values you want to post and a automated submit in its onload attribute and just o...

ole web browser control resize and PB 9
I have problem has developed with resizing the ole web browser control when I went to Build 7066 from Build 6066. It originally opened correctly but now it does not. Any help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated. THIS.width = w THIS.height = h ole_web_browser.resize(w, h) ole_web_browser.object.width = unitstopixels(w, XUnitsToPixels!) ole_web_browser.object.height = unitstopixels(h, YUnitsToPixels!) This is a regression in 7066. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com <Jason Gilliss> wrote i...

PB 11.5 (3127) and OLE Web Browser
I am able to Navigate to an url, but if for some reason the url is odwn, does not exists - how do I get a return code to tell me this? Basically Navigate to www.weather.com for some unknown reason it does not work, doesn't exist. I need to get access to a return code like it FAILED. integer li_returncode ls_url = www.weather.com li_returncode = ole_1.object.Navigate(ls_url ) But it returns an error that it "cannot convert an oleobject in Any variable to integer". Help Thanks, Tom You could try: li_returncode = integer(ole_1.object.Nav...

PB 10.5 build 4523 MS Web Browser OLE won't open XP ok 2000
Any ideas what is wrong? This imbedded browser opened in 9.01 in XP and 2000, but won't open in in 10.5 XP. Ok in 2000. ...

How to open new browser window for ole web browser control?
I insert a web browser control in my PB window, and I place a command button named "New Browser" in order to open a new browser window, I set the code for clicked event of the command button as follows: oleobject lob_browser boolean lb_cancel = True ole_1.Event newwindow2(lob_browser, lb_cancel ) the result is NO any window was opened. What is the problem? In addition, How can I obtain the current URL when the browser is navigating? Thanks a lot. ...

PB Web Browser?
I am looking for a PB Web Browser that I can use for help. I have tried using the OLE control but I am running out of time to add all the bells and whistles! We have changed our help system to be all HTML driven so I just need a pretty simple browser with Back, Forward and ..? The time I spent I was able to get something working but I just don't have time to perfect the look and feel ( I am having problem making the Menu look like a browser and also the control not sizing correctly). Thanks for any advice! Chris You can drop the IE Control on a window as on OLE object. ...

OLE Web Browser ?
When performing a naviagate - Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do I do a post? I'm not sure the answer to your specific question, however I do have a suggestion. Using the OLE browser is not the best way to send out automated url posts or gets. Use the built in PB Inet object, which does give you control over whether a POST or GET is used. > When performing a naviagate - > > Does navigate do a post or a get? If it does a get how do > I do a post? > > > Will this allow me to operate a web browser within a pb window? If...

ole web browser
Hi When I am trying to resize an ole browser, (Microsoft web browser), the object within the ole resize in an odd way. I figured out that the measurement units of the object, within the ole, is different from the ole measurement units. How can I synchronize between the ole and the object so when I am resizing the ole the object within the ole will resize too, to fill the ole display area? thanks. ZAky Have a look at http://www.teamsybase.com/roy.kiesler/downloads/wbc70.zip -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://cgi...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web Browser OLE
I'm using the Microsoft Web Browser OLE (Shell.Explorer) to open up pdf's and doc's in PB. The only problem is that when I open up a doc file the menu bar for the save button isn't visible (I know it can be added by right-clicking and showing the standard menu). The thing is I want to add a PB button that will do the save for me. How can I manipulate the browser OLE to allow me to save the doc file inside the browser? ...

I don't see a OLE AUTOMATION component already registered in the PB OLE browser
version PB : 6.5.1 I have some AUTOMATION components, made from PERL, which are registered the connection from PB to these objects works, but I don't arrive to see them into the PB browser, inside the tab OLE. Why ? Do we forgott something ? They should be under the Programmable Object folder in the OLE tab. Is that where you were looking? -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Patrick Marduel" <patrick.marduel@power.alstom.com> wrote in message news:m8#mf1A...

Web Browser OLE Control
I am trying to integrate a web browser in a mouse-less application, using IE 4, service pack 2, and PB 503. We use function keys instead of the mouse clicks. I want to be able to capture the escape key if the focus is accidentally placed inside the browser ole object. I have been able to map the function keys to an invisible menu as shortcut keys, but there is no shortcut key for "escape". It is pretty important to us to be able to capture the escape key, as it is the consistent close-window key throughout the application. Also, I have found that before focus is lost...

Web resources about - OLE Web Browser in PB - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Blind Browser
Nifty idea from Charlie Deets: a browser for web designers working on retina displays, to test how sites look on non-retina displays.

Nokia Browser for Symbian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Copy paste support is poor. If you have a device with no Control-key or Pen-key, you can not copy paste in most web forms. With older Nokia models, ...

Samsung Enables Ad Blockers on Mobile in Its Default Browser
... ad industry predicted an ad-blocking apocalypse. Now Samsung is following Apple, enabling content blockers in its pre-installed Android browser. ...

Twitter’s New Timeline Brings Content to Logged-Out Mobile Web Browsers
Twitter wants new and novice users to check out what the site to offer, and has been testing ways to get tweets in front of as many eyeballs ...

Samsung browser receives ad block support
... a contentious issue, but Samsung looks to be coming down on the side of anti-ads. Today, the smartphone giant is updating its Android browser ...

Apple’s Safari is now the only major iOS browser to support the Do Not Track initiative
The number of major iOS Web browsers that support the Do Not Track initiative is down to one. As pointed out by Macworld , Apples built-in Safari ...

Facebook is testing a way to keep you perma-logged in on your mobile browser when you visit other sites ...
... few days, some iPhone users have reported being served a pop-up from Facebook, which asks them to log in to Facebook on their Safari web browser ...

iOS 8 grants new power to rival browsers, Web-based apps
Today, third-party apps can run JavaScript programs only with hobbled performance on Apple's mobile OS, but Apple's next version grants them ...

Oracle plans to kill an attacker's favorite: the Java browser plug-in
Oracle will retire the Java browser plug-in, frequently the target of Web-based exploits, about a year from now. Remnants, however, will likely ...

Odin Sphere is now officially a browser game
Vanillaware said they were working on it , and last weekend, they released the Odin Sphere 8-bit browser game. You play as Gwendolyn, who has ...