OLE and MS Word

Hello,

I'm looking for a simple application that creates a Word document (*.doc)
and writes some text there without opening Word and then closes the
connection to that OLE object...
Thanks in advance...

0
Piotr

Have you tried looking at

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47980

Just a hint. You can search the Sybase tech docs from

http://www.sybase.com/support/techdocs

Good luck,

On 3 Feb 2004 02:40:13 -0800, "Piotr Nadolny" <pnad@o2.pl> wrote:

>I'm looking for a simple application that creates a Word document (*.doc)
>and writes some text there without opening Word and then closes the
>connection to that OLE object...

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
2/3/2004 12:39:19 PM
You can do a search on google on ole word powerbuilder and will find lots of
examples.  Here is one example:

http://gethelp.devx.com/techtips/pb_pro/10min/10min1299/10min1299.asp

On 3 Feb 2004 02:40:13 -0800,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Piotr Nadolny <pnad@o2.pl> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for a simple application that creates a Word document (*.doc)
>and writes some text there without opening Word and then closes the
>connection to that OLE object...
>Thanks in advance...

- - -
Andy [TeamSybase]

Submit Sybase product enhancement requests via:
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

Techwave 2003 - http://www.sybase.com/techwave2003
International Sybase User Group (ISUG) - http://www.isug.com
CodeXchange - http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/

0
Andy

Using Ms Word OLE in Powerbuilder??
I'v recently enherited a PowerBuilder app that strips data out of DB2 and inserts it into A Word mail/merge document for printing using OLE. It was built for use with Word 5.0. We've gone to Office 97. It no longer works (same old story). Here is the offending code: ole_document.ActiveDocument.Content.EditGoTo ("Include") ole_document.ActiveDocument.Content.LINEDOWN(1) ole_document.ActiveDocument.Content.InsertAfter(i_sAcctDetail) It stops on the first line and the error message says that the "EditGoTo property was not found" Can someone stear ...

Powerbuilder to MS Word via OLE is slow
Our application has used Word through an OLE connection for many years. It was always sort of slow but recently we upgraded from Word 95 to Word XP and it got much slower. With Word 95 it took about 15 seconds to connect, load a template, open a document and populate with data. Now that same process takes about 40 seconds with Word XP. A typical user machine is 433mhz with 64 mb RAM. Doubling the RAM gets us back down to about a 15 second response time. The problem is that we have 800 users and no money in the budget to add RAM to 800 machines. I am wondering if any of you hav...

Help Needed for
Using Ms Word OLE in Powerbuilder?? I have one report which I wanted to be in Word document. Although it is not exactly mailmerge, I want to replace few of the fields in the word document with the database fields. The problem I am facing is Word says 'Name not found calling external function goto at line ...' I tried using Word 97 / Word 2000 ( PB version is 6.5) The code I wrote is //////////////////////////////////// OLEObject ole_object ole_object = CREATE OLEObject li_rtn = ole_object.ConnectToNewObject("word.application.8") if li_rtn = 0...

Word ole: How to close MS word
I have ole control on the window and inset file using Ole_control.InsertFile(file_name) When I close the window I still see the word running in task manager. How do I close Word? How about looking at the Quit method? Katarina wrote: > I have ole control on the window and inset file using > Ole_control.InsertFile(file_name) > > When I close the window I still see the word running in task > manager. How do I close Word? ...

can powerbuilder ole 2.0 with MS word possibly suck as bad as it seems to?
i've been trying to support what should ostensibly be a very simple procedure using ole automation with ms word 6.0 as the server. as far as i can tell, unless i'm really crazy, the same line(s) of code produce different results, randomly. moreover, pb 5.0 doesn't seem to support the majority of wordbasic's functionality due to its "function" format as opposed to wordbasic's dot format, i.e. editgoto() vs. editbookmark.Name = "schmoe", .SortBy = 0, .Goto Insert "Joe". does anyone know whether or not pb 5.0 (enterprise) has a crappy ole...

OLE with MS Word
Hello all, Where can I find a list of Active X commands to control MS word. I'm trying to do: ole_1.Object.SaveAs("c:\test.doc") but "Save As HTML" instead. I would like to find a list of all the commands to carry out various functions. Thanks for reading! Rick This is all wriiten down in the Office developers books. Best place to search on the internet is http://msdn.microsoft.com HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Avalix Information Systems, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 ...

Ole Word and Powerbuilder
Please help if someone knows how to convert Visual Basic commands to Powerbuilder. I create bookmarks on the fly and populate them with descriptions. Some descriptions I have to insert with tabbing or indentions. I need correct syntax for Powerbuilder. What I used is not working. For example: iole_object.Selection.Font.Underline = False iole_object.Selection.Font.Bold = False iole_object.Selection.TypeParagraph These commands are fine. I have no problems. Powerbuilder doesn't accept commands like : 1) iole_object.Selection.Paragraph.TabIndent or iole_object.Se...

OLE From Word To PowerBuilder
Hello All, I have been having a problem, I have a PB App that uses Word to open documents stored in a database. When a document is open, a Word macro is executed that searches the letter for a place where there needs to be a signature. If there is a signture needed, it communticates back to PowerBuilder that the current user signature is needed. It works great with DDE, but I run into a problem with OLE. How do cummunicate with a PowerBuilder Appilcation that is already running? As it is right now, I have to build a runtime DLL, or use the "PowerBuilder.Application" an...

URGENT ! POWERBUILDER + WORD + OLE
Hello all, I need to change, from my PowerBuilder application, the print specification of a Word Document before its printing (which paper to use, scale, where to find the paper in the printer, ...) Is it possible with OLE or DDE ? How to do it ? Thanks for all !!! Dany Use INI file settings, i.e. specify 'tray' and 'paper type' to use. Note: It will be hardware dependant pm wrote: > Hello all, > > I need to change, from my PowerBuilder application, the print > specification of a Word Document before its printing (which paper to use, >...

PB
Helo, I have following problem. I want only to write some data read from DB in PB to a Word docment and then to print it out. I am using OLE - everything is OK - I am connected to MS Word, the file is opened, I can even print it ...., but I can't manage to write on a bookmark. I have already tried following, but nothing works: ole_word.object.Application.ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("testbook").Range.Text = "test value" Since I know that there can be troubles with bookmarks (defined x notdefined) in Word I thought that maybe it could be better to use the boo...

OLE (MS-Word) Control
Hi everybody! I hope I say this all correctly, cause I have only about 6 months experience with PowerBuilder. I'm using version 6.5.1 of PowerBuilder... I have a datawindow where I have placed an OLE control (an MS-Word doc built in Office 97) in the detail band of the datawindow. The Word document is "linked" not "imbeded". The idea is to merge some addresses (Sybase columns) with the Word doc and print it. All of that works great, however once I print the datawindow (using PFC_PRINT), my mouse will appear normal, but clicking on anything, anywhere in...

OLE, MS Word, PB
I want to use OLE control to display an existing MS word document inside a powerbuilder response window. I used ole_1.InsertFile(filename) and displayasactivexdocument!, I can see the document, but the word's toolbar, menu, status bar all being displayed. How do I hide them but still have scrollbars? If I define as displayascontent!, the document has very small font, no scrollbars, and it is not readable. Please advice how to do this. I do not need to edit nor save the document. Dear "Joy"! There is some way to hide all the commandbars in word ( when ole-c...

WDK and MS-Word through OLE
Hi, I am doing OLE to MS-Word to generate some letters. WDK gives an error message 'File Not found' when executing 'LinkTo()' function. But the file does exists in the specified path. Could anybody suggest a work around? Here is the code: ls_doc_name = "c:\charts\cse0007.doc" // check whether the document is existing lb_fileexists = FileExists(ls_doc_name) CHOOSE CASE lb_fileexists CASE FALSE MessageBox("Error", ls_doc_name + " Not found",StopSign!) Return FALSE END CHOOSE //ole_docword is an OLE control with Object Type ...

OLE (MS-Word) Control
Hi everybody! I hope I say this all correctly, cause I have only about 6 months experience with PowerBuilder. I'm using version 6.5.1 of PowerBuilder... I have a datawindow where I have placed an OLE control (an MS-Word doc built in Office 97) in the detail band of the datawindow. The Word document is "linked" not "imbeded". The idea is to merge some addresses (Sybase columns) with the Word doc and print it. All of that works great, however once I print the datawindow (using PFC_PRINT), my mouse will appear normal, but clicking on anything, anywhere in...

Web resources about - OLE and MS Word - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Word Aligned
... on software development written by Thomas Guest. • Apple , Self , Pictures • Comments Paul grumbled about the lack of new content on wordaligned.org ...

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Words to watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... with expressions that may introduce bias, lack precision, or include offensive terms. Use clear, direct language. There are no forbidden words ...

From today's Lectionary: In the beginning was the Word
John 1:(1-9), 10-18 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 He was in the beginning with God. ...

It's Spokaoke — spoken-word Karaoke.
... One guy in New York, he got physically ill after reciting Joseph Goebbels’s ‘Total War’ speech. It’s an uncomfortable thing to speak words you ...

The Willy Loman Of American Politics: Of Herr Trumpf's Five Most Used Words, #1 Is "I" And #4 is "Trump" ...
... can understand a thing he's saying? Flattening the English language whenever he speaks without a script, Trump relies heavily on words such ...

These words, phrases have been declared problematic
41st annual fun list from Lake Superior State University has even dozen, including one appearing for 2nd time, used differently

My 3 Words for 2016
Every year, I participate in Chris Brogan’s 3 words exercise . Rather than make resolutions, I use the words to guide me as a personal mantra. ...

Say goodbye to these 13 words and phrases in 2016 - CNN.com
... you want to break your computer monitor, you're not alone. Lake Superior State University in Michigan has released its annual list of words ...

Words Of Wisdom From 10 Design Masters
May they inspire you to greatness in 2016.

6 Words for 2016: Think Big, Start Small, Learn Fast
The distinction between success and failure boils down to six words. As you contemplate your plans and aspirations, consider how these words ...