ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range

I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error

SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range

I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database
but got the same error.

Any Help Appreciated

0
Snookyt
5/16/2002 12:28:43 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 18 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2390 Views

I remember having this error also.

What i did to solve it was the following

-click the database painter
-you get a list of all tables of your current db
-press cancel button
-change your connect in File/connect to the correct db.

HTH
John
0
John
5/16/2002 1:10:43 PM
Which PB version/build?

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
>
> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
>
> I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database
> but got the same error.
>
> Any Help Appreciated

0
Simon
5/16/2002 1:40:46 PM
This is well documented error in this newsgroup.

The answer is to go to PB 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. Any error related to
"SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" is almost
always in PB 6.5.

/ck

"Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
>
> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
>
> I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database
> but got the same error.
>
> Any Help Appreciated

0
Chris
5/16/2002 2:00:01 PM
Upgrading to PB6.5.1 actually has a side-effect that fixes the problem. The
real problem is an outdated MDAC driver which needs to be updated. The
PB6.5.1 upgrade does include the newer MDAC. You might be able to find just
the driver on the Microsoft website as well.

"Chris Keating" <fight_spam_keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> This is well documented error in this newsgroup.
>
> The answer is to go to PB 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. Any error related to
> "SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" is almost
> always in PB 6.5.
>
> /ck
>

> "Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> > I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> > Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
> >
> > SQLSTATE = S1003
> > [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
> >
> > I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess
database
> > but got the same error.
> >
> > Any Help Appreciated

0
Bug
5/16/2002 2:32:26 PM
There was also a fix, AFAIK. The application of the updated MDAC is only a
partial solution.

/ck

"Bug" <fenterbug@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Upgrading to PB6.5.1 actually has a side-effect that fixes the problem.
The
> real problem is an outdated MDAC driver which needs to be updated. The
> PB6.5.1 upgrade does include the newer MDAC. You might be able to find
just
> the driver on the Microsoft website as well.
>

> "Chris Keating" <fight_spam_keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > This is well documented error in this newsgroup.
> >
> > The answer is to go to PB 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. Any error related
> > "SQLSTATE = S1003
> > [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range" is almost
> > always in PB 6.5.
> >
> > /ck
> >

> > "Snookyt" <Snookyt@Yhoo.com> wrote in message
> > > I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK.
> > > Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error
> > >
> > > SQLSTATE = S1003
> > > [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
> > >
> > > I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess
> database
> > > but got the same error.
> > >
> > > Any Help Appreciated

0