Not Seeing ODBC Database Interface under PB10

Running under PowerBuilder 10.2.1 Build 9761.

I just noticed that when I select the DB Profile button to view my installed
database interfaces, a section for ODBC is not there.  Under my PB9
installation, I see a node titled ODB ODBC.  From there I can see my ODBC
configurations.

FWIW, I can run my app, and attach to an ODBC DSN just fine.  Probably been
running PB10 here for the last 6 months and haven't even noticed this until
today (was trying to connect to one of our test db's).

Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?  I've looked under
every node that is installed under PB10, and none of them cover ODBC.

TIA

Jeff Gibson
Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
Nashville, TN

0
Jeff

Open RegEdit and go to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.0\Vendors

You will see a list of database drivers. There should be one named 'ODB'
with a value 'ODBC'. If not, add one and restart PB10.

"Jeff Gibson" <jgibson@interceptsolutions.com> wrote in message
> Running under PowerBuilder 10.2.1 Build 9761.
>
> I just noticed that when I select the DB Profile button to view my
> installed database interfaces, a section for ODBC is not there.  Under my
> PB9 installation, I see a node titled ODB ODBC.  From there I can see my
> ODBC configurations.
>
> FWIW, I can run my app, and attach to an ODBC DSN just fine.  Probably
> been running PB10 here for the last 6 months and haven't even noticed this
> until today (was trying to connect to one of our test db's).
>
> Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?  I've looked under
> every node that is installed under PB10, and none of them cover ODBC.
>
> TIA
>
> Jeff Gibson
> Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
> Nashville, TN

0
Roland
5/7/2007 6:55:42 PM
Run regsvr32.exe against the c:\program
files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbodb100.dll

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"Roland Smith" <rsmith@cvps.com> wrote in message
> Open RegEdit and go to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.0\Vendors
>
> You will see a list of database drivers. There should be one named 'ODB'
> with a value 'ODBC'. If not, add one and restart PB10.
>

> "Jeff Gibson" <jgibson@interceptsolutions.com> wrote in message
>> Running under PowerBuilder 10.2.1 Build 9761.
>>
>> I just noticed that when I select the DB Profile button to view my
>> installed database interfaces, a section for ODBC is not there.  Under my
>> PB9 installation, I see a node titled ODB ODBC.  From there I can see my
>> ODBC configurations.
>>
>> FWIW, I can run my app, and attach to an ODBC DSN just fine.  Probably
>> been running PB10 here for the last 6 months and haven't even noticed
>> this until today (was trying to connect to one of our test db's).
>>
>> Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?  I've looked under
>> every node that is installed under PB10, and none of them cover ODBC.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jeff Gibson
>> Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
>> Nashville, TN

0
Terry
5/7/2007 7:02:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up Roland.

Not sure what happened to my ODB ODBC entry, but once I put it back in, all
my entries I had made a few months back were there again.

Any ideas on what can blow this key away??

> Open RegEdit and go to this key:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.0\Vendors
>
> You will see a list of database drivers. There should be one named 'ODB'
> with a value 'ODBC'. If not, add one and restart PB10.
>

> "Jeff Gibson" <jgibson@interceptsolutions.com> wrote in message
>> Running under PowerBuilder 10.2.1 Build 9761.
>>
>> I just noticed that when I select the DB Profile button to view my
>> installed database interfaces, a section for ODBC is not there.  Under my
>> PB9 installation, I see a node titled ODB ODBC.  From there I can see my
>> ODBC configurations.
>>
>> FWIW, I can run my app, and attach to an ODBC DSN just fine.  Probably
>> been running PB10 here for the last 6 months and haven't even noticed
>> this until today (was trying to connect to one of our test db's).
>>
>> Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?  I've looked under
>> every node that is installed under PB10, and none of them cover ODBC.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Jeff Gibson
>> Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
>> Nashville, TN

0
Jeff
5/7/2007 10:40:33 PM
Roland's post did the trick Terry,

I may blow the key back away just to see if this will regenerate it.

Thanks for the heads up.

"Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> Run regsvr32.exe against the c:\program
> files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbodb100.dll
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Roland Smith" <rsmith@cvps.com> wrote in message
>> Open RegEdit and go to this key:
>>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.0\Vendors
>>
>> You will see a list of database drivers. There should be one named 'ODB'
>> with a value 'ODBC'. If not, add one and restart PB10.
>>

>> "Jeff Gibson" <jgibson@interceptsolutions.com> wrote in message
>>> Running under PowerBuilder 10.2.1 Build 9761.
>>>
>>> I just noticed that when I select the DB Profile button to view my
>>> installed database interfaces, a section for ODBC is not there.  Under
>>> my PB9 installation, I see a node titled ODB ODBC.  From there I can see
>>> my ODBC configurations.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I can run my app, and attach to an ODBC DSN just fine.  Probably
>>> been running PB10 here for the last 6 months and haven't even noticed
>>> this until today (was trying to connect to one of our test db's).
>>>
>>> Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?  I've looked under
>>> every node that is installed under PB10, and none of them cover ODBC.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Jeff Gibson
>>> Intercept Solutions - Sybase SQL Anywhere OEM Partner
>>> Nashville, TN

0
Jeff

PB10 and Installed Database Interfaces
I have just installed PB10 on a new machine that previously had no PowerBuilder installed on it. I was setting my database profiles to match my PB9 installation that is on another machine and noticed that MS SQL Server is missing from the treeview for "Installed Database Interfaces". I have the MS SQL Server 2000 Client installed on the PB10 machine and have been using it for ODBC connections. What do I need to do to get it to showup on the new machine. I don't recall ever having this problem with earlier versions of PB. When I installed PB10, I used the custom/full...

database interfaces in powerbuilder 10
I installed powerbuilder 10 with the default configurations. When I went to connect to my microsoft sql server database, I noticed that 10 didnt have a MSS Microsoft SQL Server database interface. How do I add it? Did I miss a selection during installation? Please email back at wahidta@friedfrank.com Thanks, Tashfin Wahid As far as I know, for 10 you would use the ADO.net driver to connect to MS Sql Server. That is the way the MS is going for their database connectivity, so no native driver included. So you would create a datasource on your local machine and configure the ...

PowerBuilder Database Interfaces (please help)
I have been working with PowerBuilder 7.0 professional edition for awhile now and I have notice that I regulary receive the following errors: 1// DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. 2// There are no database interface currently installed. I can reinstall powerbuilder and my database interface but after I open powerbuilder and create my connection and close powerbuilder again I receive the same errors. With these erors I can not connect to my data base and create data windows. Now reciently I have notice that even when I reinstall powerbuilder I will re...

cannot access powerbuilder configure odbc or databases
After installing powerbuilder 5.0 on NT4 sp3 .... and then go into powerbuilder and click on configure odbc and get the infinite hourglass Could anyone tell me what the problem could be ? I've tried to uninstall (which has never been successful and i end up deleting the directories and do a regclean) and re-installing it. And i still get the same results. Dist, Can you get to the ODBC setup through the control panel? Also, try reinstalling (no need to uninstall) PB and verifying that you install all required ODBC drivers. You may also have to go to the "Native Driv...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

See and use tables within an ODBC database
I am trying to evaluate Infomaker (Evaluation version, 11.2 build 8669) as a querying and reporting tool for an existing Sybase database (version 9.0.2.3508 but unloaded and reloaded using Sybase Central 5.0.0..33145)). Because I am not the "owner" of the tables, etc. within the database, once I'm connected I can only see tables that I have myself created. For this same database, however, when using Sybase Central, I can use the "Filter Objects by Owner" parameter and see all the tables, views, etc. Can someone please tell me what I need to do in Infomake...

PB10 - SQL7
We''ve found a problem in one of our applications running under PB10. (PB10.0.5032). SQL Server 7 with all the latest SPs installed. This problem does not appear in PB8. We have a datawindow with a number of fields. One of the fields is a varchar(3000) field. We can do inserts on the field with no problem. However, if we attempt to update the field we get the following error: SQLSTATE = 37000 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The text, ntext, and image data types cannot be used in the WHERE, HAVING, or ON clause, except with the LIKE or IS NULL predic...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC
I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0 I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun. Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and when I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the database, and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA: "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation". Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok! I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same directory that t...

[Pervasive][ODBC Client Interface][LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface]Invalid date, time or timestamp value. error
Hi everyone, have a problem with this line of code:  thisquery = "select type as tender from dlpaid where stor = '"&istor&"' and tran = '"&itran&"' and till = '"&itill&"' and date1 = '"&right(idate, 4)&"-"&right(left(idate, 5), 2)&"-"&left(idate, 2)&"'  "set ConnRsOrig =oconnPV.execute(thisquery) This error occurs sometimes but not all the time: Refund Checking fault occurredMicrosoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '800...

Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi group, i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do that?? You would still need to have the driver registered. But you could use a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database. See the last half of the following: http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44 On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote: >Hi group, >i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally >required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do...

Incorrect primary keys with OLE Microsoft OLE DB Database Interface PB10
I'm connected to a SQLServer 2000 database using Powerbuilder's OLE Microsoft OLE DB Database Interface. I'm using the SQLOLEDB provider. When I drag any table that has a multi-column primary key into the Object Layout pane in the Database Painter, it is graphically represented as though the primary key is only for a single column. When I right mouse on the primary key to view the properties, it only shows one of the elements of the primary key. This happens for any table with a multi-column primary key. If I connect using ODBC instead I have no problem. However, I...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Interfacing with Microsoft Access Database in win2k wiht ActiveSt ate Perl 5.6.01. General Help needed.
I am new to this. I was wondering what the best way to interface with a Microsoft Access Database would be. I am going to be using PerlScript to generate DHTML to make an online work-order system for the IT department and the building engineers. I just wanted to ask for a small example or two of how to create a recordset object and how to access it's data. Thanks. -ryan. RGuy@oxford-pgh.com (Ryan Guy) wrote on 20 Dec 2001: > I am new to this. I was wondering what the best way to interface > with a Microsoft Access Database would be. I am going to be using > PerlS...

Web resources about - Not Seeing ODBC Database Interface under PB10 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Early Mac UI designers say Apple has abandoned many of its human interface design principles
Two of the early Mac user-interface designers argue in a lengthy FastCo piece that Apple has abandoned many of its original human interface design ...

Google streamlining Hangouts on the web with interface tweaks, higher quality video
Google has announced some updates coming to Hangouts video calls on the web, including a tweaked interface, along with faster, crisper full-screen ...

This startup wants to bring a Minority Report-style interface to your living room
... ago. After all, the best input device would be no extra input device at all—who wouldn’t want a perfectly accurate Star Trek -style voice interface ...

In pictures: iOS 9 vs. Android 6.0 Marshmallow user interfaces
Apple and Google already have hundreds of millions users for their mobile operating systems. Hardcore fans of each mobile platform seem to be ...

Google Updates Search Interface For Tablets
It looks like Google updated the search interface for tablets and switched to the mobile UI. The previous tablet interface was an interesting ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...

Digitimes Research: Pogo Pin to account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart wearable ...
Pogo Pin will account for over 60% of power charging interfaces used in smart watches and smart bands in 2016, all types of USB together for ...

Google Camera Receiving Update for Android 6.0+ Devices, Includes New Interface
Google Camera , Mountain View’s in-house shooter software for Android devices, is receiving an update to build 3.1. Inside, the new UI that is ...

What are brain-machine interfaces, and how do they work?
Brain-machine interfaces seem like pure science fiction, but they're already revolutionizing medicine and your smartphone might not be far behind. ...