Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0

Hi all,

I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon.

I  would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0,
or if  it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In
the last case I would like  to know if I can have any problems during the
upgrade process.

Thanks in advance...

0
Jorge

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca"
<jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon.
>
>I  would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0,
>or if  it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In
>the last case I would like  to know if I can have any problems during the
>upgrade process.

Most of the people I know went directly to 6.5.   You do need to be
careful and back-up first.  If the migration fails your project will
end-up partially converted, somewhere between 4 and 6 and you may not
be able to open it in either version.

Use the Migration assistant utility to detect the obsolete functions
in your app and fix them prior to migration.

 Boris Gasin [TeamPS]
 mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

 Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
 http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
NOSPAM_bgasin
2/17/1999 2:55:51 PM
I have a FREE tool that will help you make this move from PB4 to PB6.
It allows you to view all pbls and their objects from PB6, even they are old
pbls.
You can document the objects (in a browser format) or export them.

You can find this tool at private my site:
http://avron.hypermart.net/pbsite.htm

Click on PBApplications on the Left and then select download the PBLviewer.
Under the first item "Viewer for PBL objects: in a Datawindow or in the
Browser!"

Please note, this is a completely private site and the information there is
not for distribution.
However feel free to look through it all and test whatever you wish.

Jorge Salamanca wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon.
>
> I  would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0,
> or if  it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In
> the last case I would like  to know if I can have any problems during the
> upgrade process.
>
> Thanks in advance...

0
avron

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Powerbuilder 5.0.4 and migrating to SQL 7.0
We will be migrating from SQL 6.5 to 7.0. Does this require a recompile of Powerbuilder applications, or just pointing to the new (7.0) database in the .ini file? Any other suggestion and/or hints would be greatly appreciated. PB5 will not work with SQL 7.0. One person has said they got it working fine but the general experience, and Sybase's position, is that you need to upgrade to PB6.5 or 7.0 Simon Dan Wolterink <wolterink@dearborn.com> wrote in message news:IxnyP3#n$GA.299@forums.sybase.com... > We will be migrating from SQL 6.5 to 7.0. Does this require...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

PowerBuilder 4 to 6.5 Migration
Hi there, I am hoping for some guide to do a PB 4 to 6.5 migration. 1. Can i do a direct conversion from 4 to 6.5 ? 2. My Pb 4 application calls over 600 database stored procedures. Will i encounter problems here? I am worried because of the many stored procedures that the application has. My database remains the same.(SYBASE). 3. I have found the 'PowerBuider 5.0 Migration Resource Guide' at http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44499 but can't find a corresponding one for PowerBuilder 6.5. 4. I am using the no of objects (windows, functions etc) that ...

PowerBuilder 4 to 6.5 Migration
Hi there, I am hoping for some guide to do a PB 4 to 6.5 migration. 1. Can i do a direct conversion from 4 to 6.5 ? 2. My Pb 4 application calls over 600 database stored procedures. Will i encounter problems here? I am worried because of the many stored procedures that the application has. My database remains the same.(SYBASE). 3. I have found the 'PowerBuider 5.0 Migration Resource Guide' at http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44499 but can't find a corresponding one for PowerBuilder 6.5. 4. I am using the no of objects (windows, functions etc) tha...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0
I am currently running PB 5.0 with an Oracle 7.3 database. However, there is a great demand for our remote users to gain access to the app. Therefore, I was looking into using ASA to deploy to our remote users. The problem is that stored procedures are not supported with the run-time version of the database engine that gets deployed with the deployment kit. My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or deployment kit allow the run-time engine to support stored procedures. If not, what are some alternatives? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. >My ...

PowerBuilder 4 to 6.5 Migration #2
hi there! My company has a huge PowerBuilder 4.0 application which we need to migrate to 6.5. Are there any automated tools or information on how the migration can be best handled? thks CK Kee Hi, AFAIK, there is no automated tool for migrating. You have to do this yourself using the new PB 6.5. Make a backup of your old PB4 app, regenerate all your sources in PB4/ optimize libraries etc. Then open this app in PB6.5 and the migration starts... I believe that a faxback document on migrating is available. Let me check...yep: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/Doc...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Web resources about - Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles