Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5

  I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error.  This
error
is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type.
But i don't have dupliquer function in my windows.  And
i don't know what's the problem.

I need help!

0
Robin_Gauthier

The answer you already got from Brian Dick looks like the right
answer. Did that not work for you?

Let us know,

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:28:34 -0400, Robin_Gauthier wrote:

>  I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error.  This
>error
>is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type.
>But i don't have dupliquer function in my windows.  And
>i don't know what's the problem.
>
>I need help!

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the Sandbox

Charitable donations without money?
CLICK FOR FREE MONEY!!
The Hunger Site: http://www.thehungersite.com
The Rainforest Site: http://www.therainforestsite.com
The Kids AIDS Site: http://www.thekidsaidssite.com
The Child Survival Site: http://www.thechildsurvivalsite.com
The Breast Cancer Site: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
The Landmine Site: http://www.thelandminesite.com
0
Terry

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5 #2
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! Thanks you! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp The dupliquer function is defined in an ancestor class and overridden or overloaded in a descendent class. The descendent class definition uses a different return type. 1) Open the ancestor and note the dupliquer return type. 2) Open the descendent and...

Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5
Hi there! I need to make a System conversion. The System had made in Power Builder 5.04. I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5. Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION... Thank you... Hi, There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/u...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04
--------------C1E58613E9D89D454B249812 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Background For the seek of Y2K compliance, we are about to migrate our application from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04. We have used PFC 5.0.03 to build the application with some customization in the pfe*.pbl libraries. Questions Q1. Are there any Y2K related bugs being fixed from PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? Q2. If we have decided to migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04, is it we must also migrate the PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? In order to avoid any functional impact, except for...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Migration from 5.0.04 to 6.5
I "successfully" migrated from PowerBuilder 5.0 to 6.5. The application uses ODBC to connect to a Microsoft Access database. When the application executes after the migration, a few of the datawindows are acting strange. I get the following error upon a retrieve: SQLSTATE = 07001 Too few parameters. Expected 1. I've received this message many time in the past but it has always meants that the database I was pointing to did not contain the columns that the datawindow needed. In this case I am quite confident that the datawindow and the database are in synch ... Does an...

PB 5.0.03 and PB 5.0.04
Hi. Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB 5.0.04 ? You can just install 5.0.04. Make a backup of your pbls prior to installing 5.0.04 in case you need to revert back to the current version. hth, Anthony M. Perugini President Forte Information Systems, Inc. www.ConsultForte.com Having a Bad Day? www.ConsultForte.com/Disgruntled.htm Kleber Pimentel Koti wrote in message ... >Hi. >Do I need to install PB 5.0.03 and after PB 5.0.04 or I can just install PB >5.0.04 ? > > ...

PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference
I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to work as expected. :( In PB 5.0.04 the code is: il_secure_facs = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure) What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem. The workaro...

Web resources about - Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

500-year-old Inca human sacrifice DNA illuminates migration wave
During the Inca civilization, which thrived in South America before the arrival of Europeans, ritual human sacrifices were known as &quot;capococha&quot;. ...

Poland could miss EU migration summit - HeraldSun Search Search
POLAND'S president has effectively absented the country's leadership from next week's European Union summit on migration by calling the first ...

Migration and the fall of Sweden
Sweden prided itself on giving a warm welcome to outsiders &ndash; but a sense of injustice is swiftly growing.

Migrant crisis: Migration to Europe explained in graphics
... maps. More than 750,000 migrants are estimated to have arrived by sea so far this year, according to the International Organization for Migration ...

Microsoft Office 2016: Tips for a seamless migration
... between older and alternative systems amongst the workforce, reducing the negative externalities caused from large scale system migration. ...

GOP Lawmakers Call For Curbs, Freeze On Muslim Migration To U.S.
... support for reducing or suspending visa issuances from Muslim countries. Weber told the panel that in the last year alone the Senate Immigration ...

Obama's Migration Option; Work-Permits Foreign Professionals
Obama's Secret Migration Option; Work-Permits For Millions of Foreign Professionals

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.