Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5 #2

   I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error.  This error
is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type.  And
i don't know what's the problem.  I need help!

Thanks you!
Robin

The dupliquer function is defined in an ancestor class and overridden or
overloaded in a descendent class. The descendent class definition uses a
different return type.

1) Open the ancestor and note the dupliquer return type.
2) Open the descendent and change the dupliquer return type to match the
ancestor's return type.
3) Try to migrate again.

P.S.

Do you realize that PB 6.5 support will be discontiued in 90 days or so?

"Robin Gauthier" <gauthierrobin@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>    I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error.  This
error
> is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type.
And
> i don't know what's the problem.  I need help!
>
> Thanks you!

Brian

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. But i don't have dupliquer function in my windows. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! The answer you already got from Brian Dick looks like the right answer. Did that not work for you? Let us know, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:28:34 -0400, Robin_Gauthier wrote: > I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This &...

Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5
Hi there! I need to make a System conversion. The System had made in Power Builder 5.04. I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5. Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION... Thank you... Hi, There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again. HTH -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/u...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04
--------------C1E58613E9D89D454B249812 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Background For the seek of Y2K compliance, we are about to migrate our application from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04. We have used PFC 5.0.03 to build the application with some customization in the pfe*.pbl libraries. Questions Q1. Are there any Y2K related bugs being fixed from PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? Q2. If we have decided to migrate from PB 5.0.03 to 5.0.04, is it we must also migrate the PFC 5.0.03 to 5.0.04 ? In order to avoid any functional impact, except for...

PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment
I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5. I have compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04 installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's. It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB 5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process. My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd'...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

PXPerl 5.8.6-2 released with Windows binaries of Pugs 6.2.5 and Parrot 0.2.0
Hello all, I've just released PXPerl 5.8.6-2, with Pugs 6.2.5 and Parrot 0.2.0 for Rules support. I've not tested the Rules support deeply, only some snippets from the Perl 6 Bible (S05); seems to work. Give it a try! http://pixigreg.com/?pxperl Thanks. --=20 Gr=E9goire P=E9an aka PixiGreg www.pixigreg.com me@pixigreg.com ...

How do migrate a 6.5.1 app. back to 5.0.0.2?
Hi everyone, What would be the steps needed to migrate a 6.5.1 app back to 5.0.0.2? I have tried to copy the .pbl to a new folder and execute the migrate utility. I get a Dr. Watson every time. I tried exporting the application and importing it into a 5.0 application with no luck. What is the address to download the 5.0.0.4 maintenance release? I'm running NT 4.0 SP 4, MSSQL 7.0, build p-code. The reason I want to go back to 5.0 is because my app gets a GFP on our window 98 laptops when they click on a menu bar dropdown option. It doesn't happen very time and its...

Migration from 5.0.04 to 6.5
I "successfully" migrated from PowerBuilder 5.0 to 6.5. The application uses ODBC to connect to a Microsoft Access database. When the application executes after the migration, a few of the datawindows are acting strange. I get the following error upon a retrieve: SQLSTATE = 07001 Too few parameters. Expected 1. I've received this message many time in the past but it has always meants that the database I was pointing to did not contain the columns that the datawindow needed. In this case I am quite confident that the datawindow and the database are in synch ... Does an...

Web resources about - Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5 #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

Christian Charities Combat Resistance to Muslim Migration
The Obama administration intends to bring 10,000 Syrian refugees, almost all Muslim, to the U.S. in FY 2016 unless Congress rejects funding. ...

Huawei, Telefonica Partner on Enterprises Cloud Migration
The first countries where the enterprise cloud service will be deployed are Brazil, Mexico and Chile during the first quarter of 2016.

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

MarTech Today: Google’s Rich Snippets, Dynamic Number Insertion & Site Migration
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing ...