Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5

Hi there!

I need to make a System conversion.

The System had made in Power Builder 5.04.
I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5.

Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION...

Thank you...

0
Develop

There are no specific problems. First make a backup of your PB5.0.4 source
and then migrate it to 6.5. If you get errors during the migration, repair
them in the 5.0.04 sources and migrate again.

HTH
--

Gegroet

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Develop Informatica <suporte@develop.com.br> schreef in berichtnieuws
382ABC27.69CF360D@develop.com.br...
> Hi there!
>
> I need to make a System conversion.
>
> The System had made in Power Builder 5.04.
> I need to 'translate' it to Power Builder 6.5.
>
> Then, I need know what the problens and bugs in this MIGRATION...
>
> Thank you...

0
Eric
11/11/1999 1:15:42 PM
Hi!

I would like to know the list of PB files which I have to place on the end
user computer to run my program written on PB.

I have list of PB 6.0 files which I place in my application directory. It
works fine (we give our application for more than a year).
I got PB6.5 Maintenance and I decided to replace that PB 6.0 files with PB6.5
files with the same names. I also placed them in my application directory.
But when I run my application (built in PB6.5) I get error GPF in <unknown>
module.

Joanna

0
Joanna
6/13/2000 7:17:42 AM
Hi Joanna,

When you install a maintenance release, you need to rebuild your application
fully. Also, you cannot just place the new DLLs on your user's computer. You
alse must place a new version of your executable built with the new set of
DLLs. In other words, your application must be in synch with the runtime
DLLs.

HTH
--

- Eric Aling [TeamSybase], AINO, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

Joanna Owczarzak <jowcz@owl.au.poznan.pl> schreef in berichtnieuws
3945E016.B5353640@owl.au.poznan.pl...
> Hi!
>
> I would like to know the list of PB files which I have to place on the end
> user computer to run my program written on PB.
>
> I have list of PB 6.0 files which I place in my application directory. It
> works fine (we give our application for more than a year).
> I got PB6.5 Maintenance and I decided to replace that PB 6.0 files with
PB6.5
> files with the same names. I also placed them in my application directory.
> But when I run my application (built in PB6.5) I get error GPF in
<unknown>
> module.
>
> Joanna

0
Eric

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5
Hello I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB 5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? Thanks Haroon (Senior Programmer) Highnoon Laboratories Limited http://www.highnoon-labs.com You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one deals with Infomaker only. Use powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. PB6...

migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

Migrating PB 5.03 to PB 6.5
I'm migrating a aplication from PowerBuilder 5.03 to PowerBuilder 6.5. The aplication have pfc. I migrate the aplication with pfc's 5.03. I have this Error: C0159: Conversion of C:\Copia\lista.pbl(d_lst_det_emision_rv_det.dwo) failed. Probable library file I/O error I trink that the problem is the pbl is read-only, but no. When I try to open this object in 5.03 I don't have a problem. I optimize de pbl, I do a Full Rebuild but when I migrate to pb 6.5 I have this error. Another problem is this warning: Warning C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_...

PB 5.03 to PB 6.5 Migration
Hello Let me start with saying I am relatively new to Power Builder. I have inherited an application which was originally a 16 bit app developed in PB 5.03. The application displays scanned *.bmp images of signatures in a BLOB which are tied back to a database of manager names. I was given the task of migrating the app to PB 6.5 and recompiling a 32 bit version. In the 16 bit version the BLOB has a OLE Class set to a "Paint Brush picture" and it displays the *.bmp files fine. In the 32 bit version the BLOB has the OLE Class set to "Package". The selected ima...

Migration from PB 5.3 to PB 6.5
If anyone can get me a document "Faxline 44505" through an e-mail, I'll really appreciate it. Please e-mail it to me at: gs1734@txmail.sbc.com Thanks in advance. Gary Faxline 44505 Tony Knoechelman tknoechelman@clientserver.com Client Server Associates http://www.clientserver.com PFC Application Migration and Upgrade from 5.0.x to 6.0 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- SUMMARY: This document presents a specific set of steps to migrate an existing 5.0.x PFC application to PowerBuilder ...

Migration from PB 5/6.5 to PB 9
Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. Thanks in advance. Gurpreet Singh You can use the following link http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/changes_to_powerbuilder.html Vinay Karwal > Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a > document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 > giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. > > Thanks in advance. > Gurpreet Singh http://www.techno- kitten.com/Changes_t...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Migration pb 5.0.04 to 6.5
I I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This error is : C0123 - Function dupliquer differs from ancestor only by return type. But i don't have dupliquer function in my windows. And i don't know what's the problem. I need help! The answer you already got from Brian Dick looks like the right answer. Did that not work for you? Let us know, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:28:34 -0400, Robin_Gauthier wrote: > I try to migrate an application to pb 6.5 and i have one error. This &...

Web resources about - Migration from PB 5.04 to PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

500-year-old Inca human sacrifice DNA illuminates migration wave
During the Inca civilization, which thrived in South America before the arrival of Europeans, ritual human sacrifices were known as &quot;capococha&quot;. ...

Poland could miss EU migration summit - HeraldSun Search Search
POLAND'S president has effectively absented the country's leadership from next week's European Union summit on migration by calling the first ...

Migration and the fall of Sweden
Sweden prided itself on giving a warm welcome to outsiders &ndash; but a sense of injustice is swiftly growing.

Migrant crisis: Migration to Europe explained in graphics
... maps. More than 750,000 migrants are estimated to have arrived by sea so far this year, according to the International Organization for Migration ...

Microsoft Office 2016: Tips for a seamless migration
... between older and alternative systems amongst the workforce, reducing the negative externalities caused from large scale system migration. ...

IMPORTING ISIS: Paris Terror Attacks Prove the Mass "Refugee" Migration is a Trojan Horse
... to acting, and how do we stop them from acting,” he said. As Islamic expert Robert Spencer writes in Front Page Magazine, this mass migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.

G20 leaders agree to cooperate on migration
G20 leaders agree to cooperate on migration