Migration from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0.1

Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1?  I am
having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I didn't
have in PB 5.0.4.

Thank you

0
Robert

Build 7021 for PB 7.0.1 from the Sybase website worked.

Thanks for Help!

Robert Wren, Jr. <rwren@home.com> wrote in message
> Anyone experience any problems with migrating from 5.0.4 to 7.0.1?  I am
> having some problems with blobs in PB 7.0.1 and SQL Server 7.0 that I
didn't
> have in PB 5.0.4.
>
> Thank you

0
Robert

Migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0
Hi, I have some questions regarding migrating from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0 1) I am migrating a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0. When I migrated the application, I got some warnings and Informational messages. I also got one error message in a user object : Error : C0181 : The argument to SetNull cannot be an autoinstantiate or structure. The argument I have is a structure instance. Is there another function I can use instead ? 2) This application also uses the funcky library. I was wondering what is a better substitute for these in 7.0. 3) Stephen Dupre also mentioned in on...

PB 5.0.4 migration to PB 7.0.2 issue
I'm trying to help a colleague solve a problem she is having in a fairly complex application. Of course, the application works fine using PB 5.0.4, but after migrating, a sheet which opens a modal window is not stopping to wait for the modal window's result. If I create a simple modal window and open it from the sheet, it does the same thing. If I create a simple sheet and open the modal window from that sheet it works properly. I've done the regens and optimizations. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, how did you resolve it?! Also if you have any s...

Migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 5.0
I am hving a hard time trying to convert from Powerbuilder v4.0 to v5.0. After I have migrated the entire application, i then try to open up a Window and keep getting the message "Open of Window failed. Application has been converted to newest version; window must be re-migrated". I then try to re-migrate the Window and re-open it and again the same message. Any ideas?? Does it definitely say 'remigrated' and not 'regenerated'? If the latter, then regenerating all objects should sort it. Mark Sanford wrote in message <01bd8e64$08e151e0$a4012682@s...

Migration from PB 5.0 to PB 7.0
Hi All, While using the Migration assistant to check if any of the functions being currently used in our application have become Obsolete.I got these error messages PBORCA LIBRARY - Entry Information Failed and PBORCA error message Obsolete - Replaced by f-wait in n_cst_datetime was not found. Error No: 3 These error messages were displayed for the PFC and PFE PBL's. Could anyone please give any suggestions... TIA, Sg Here's a hunch. Check for duplicate PowerBuilder DLLs or mismatched DLLs being loaded. A good tool to check what's being loaded is HandleEx...

PB GPFs while migrating an app from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.01. The application runs perfectly under PB 5.0.02. While migrating the app, I get the following message: Pb80 has caused an error in PBVM80.DLL. Then PB crashes. Any suggestions? Moreover, does anyone know of some white paper with some advices on migrating apps? Thx Luca Before migrating, you should run the Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools). Make any suggested changes with PB5 before migrating. Of course, backup, backup, backup. Then, optimize all the PBLs and do a Full Rebuild (Library Pain...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Q: Migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 7.0
Hello, I'm about to attempt the migration of a PB 4.0 application to PB 7.0 and I was wondering if there are any gotcha's I should know about before I begin. The application is a medium sized, non-pfc based client-server application that connects to Oracle 8 and is deployed as an .exe. The system stats are as follows: 5 menu items 9 user objects 17 windows 89 datawindows 2 structures 4 functions Any advice? I've migrated quite a few applications from one version to another, but never one that spans 3 versions... TIA, Bobby R Please post to the corr...

Q:Migration from PB 4.0 to PB 7.0
Hello, I'm about to attempt the migration of a PB 4.0 application to PB 7.0 and I was wondering if there are any gotcha's I should know about before I begin. The application is a medium sized, non-pfc based client-server application that connects to Oracle 8 and is deployed as an .exe. The system stats are as follows: 5 menu items 9 user objects 17 windows 89 datawindows 2 structures 4 functions Any advice? I've migrated quite a few applications from one version to another, but never one that spans 3 versions... TIA, Bobby R Bobby, The things th...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PB 5.0.4 and ASA 7.0.1
Had this problem before: "Catalog tables counld not be created ..." I know the fix invloves changes to the PBODB50.INI file. I cannot however find any references anywhere as to what those changes are. Anybody out there have an idea? Regards Shane Brodie ...

Migrating and Deploying PB 7.0.3 app to PB 9.0.1
Hi, I have successfully migrated pbls created in PB 7.0.3 to version 9.0.1. However, when I try to create PBDs and an executable, I get the message "Create of executable failed" with no explanation. Now, I do get a warning: "C0190: Instance variables of local structure type ('os_cachelist') will be implicitly private in the next release". I used to get this warning when I compiled in version 7.0.3, but the build was always successful. the 'os_cachelist' object basically holds datastores for some frequently accessed lists used in dropdown datawind...

PB 7.0 to PB 5.0
Hi I am currently a PB7.0 programmer(1 year exp), but I found a new job which using PB5.0. My question is:Is it will very difficult for me(focus on syntax, powerful...) thank you very much Having done the same thing... almost... in the other direction, I can say that the actual coding portion of PB hasn't changed drastically between 5 and 7. There was a major rework of the IDE between 6 and 7, but extremely little change in syntax and/or available commands. There were, however, a few new features in 6 that weren't in 5 (shared objects, for one). Not a lot, t...

Web resources about - Migration from PB 5.0.4 to PB 7.0.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pope Francis urges review of migration laws to welcome refugees
... and indifferent to the tragedies facing humanity. Vatican City: Pope Francis on Tuesday called on countries to review their laws on migration ...

Paris deal considers climate change role in mass migration
Global warming has already contributed to the the large-scale displacement of people that has been an ominous, politically sensitive undercurrent ...

Merkel-Enhanced Migration Problem: Million Refugees Hit Europe, 80% Through Greece by Boat; Turkish Mafia ...
... So why isn't anything concrete being done? Why the Problem Is Not Fixed If Turkey, Greece, or Germany really wanted to solve the migration ...

Website migration guide: building an SEO checklist for moving your site
... in other countries also which makes it vital that it’s as easy as possible to present users with the correct version. Combining a site migration ...

It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels
It’s Official: Migration Into Europe Hits WWII Levels

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

Ancient DNA Traces Irish Roots To Mass Migrations
Geneticists and archaeologists have teamed up to trace the heritage of the Irish all the way to the Middle East and Eastern Europe.

Questions and answers about Europe's migration crisis as 2015 arrivals top 1 million
One million — and counting. BRUSSELS – One million — and counting. The International Organization for Migration says its statistics show the ...

Moving Stories: International Review of How Media Cover Migration
... the United States. "Moving Stories" cover (courtesy EJN) EJN's 112-page report, Moving Stories: International Review of How Media Cover Migration ...