I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
am getting errors like illegal data type.
for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
allowing me to open that object.
Requesting your help
thanks & regards
Vimal Sanghvi
0
vimal
10/8/2007 1:24:22 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.general
📃 62418 articles.
⭐ 19 followers.

💬 7 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2122 Views

If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
solutions without a lot more information.
Good luck,
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:24:22 -0700, vimal.sanghvi@cognizant.com wrote:
>I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
>am getting errors like illegal data type.
>for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
>allowing me to open that object.
*********************************
Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?
http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************
PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/8/2007 2:49:20 PM
I had the same issue when migrating from 8 to 11. But it
resolved when I downloaded the latest version of PFC from
http://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com instead of old.
> Hi,
> I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to
> PowerBuilder 11, I am getting errors like illegal data
> type. for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax
> error, its not allowing me to open that object.
>
> Requesting your help
> thanks & regards
> Vimal Sanghvi

0
Jemson
10/8/2007 4:06:27 PM
Hi Terry,
Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
the application.
But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
error.
I have copied the exact error here.
  ---------- Compiler: Errors
vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
 ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
thanks a lot
vimal
On Oct 8, 7:49 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
> If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
> successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
> you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
>
> If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
> may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
> problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
>
> As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
> object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
> is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
> solutions without a lot more information.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:24:22 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> >I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
> >am getting errors like illegal data type.
> >for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
> >allowing me to open that object.
>
> *********************************
> Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungryhttp://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox:http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
vimal
10/9/2007 8:08:46 AM
I believe that means the problem is on line 29 of the export; beyond
that, there's nothing I can tell. You can try to dump the object and
create a new one, adding the functionality back in piece by piece by
copying from the saved export of the old migrated version. (Don't
forget that migrated versions of many of your external function
declarations will have the ANSI qualifier added; don't try to copy
from the PB8 version.)
Good luck,
On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:08:46 -0700, vimal.sanghvi@cognizant.com wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
>the application.
>But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
>any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
>error.
>I have copied the exact error here.
>
>  ---------- Compiler: Errors
>vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
> ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
>
>thanks a lot
>vimal
>
>On Oct 8, 7:49 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
>> If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
>> successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
>> you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
>>
>> If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
>> may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
>> problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
>>
>> As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
>> object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
>> is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
>> solutions without a lot more information.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:24:22 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
>> >I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I
>> >am getting errors like illegal data type.
>> >for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not
>> >allowing me to open that object.
*********************************
Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?
http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************
PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
10/9/2007 11:05:24 AM
Hi Terry,
thanks, I already found that error is in following external function
declaration... in the alias part we have '@' in function name.. &
thats causing the problem i guess.. if i remove '@' its getting
exported correctly...
can I use _GetBrowsePath@12 function name within the quotes?
FUNCTION Integer GetBrowsePath ( UnsignedLong hwndOwner, &
                        REF String sPath, &
                        String sTitle ) &
                        LIBRARY "appdll.dll" &
                        ALIAS FOR _GetBrowsePath@12
Please help
Thanks & Regards
Vimal
On Oct 9, 4:05 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
> I believe that means the problem is on line 29 of the export; beyond
> that, there's nothing I can tell. You can try to dump the object and
> create a new one, adding the functionality back in piece by piece by
> copying from the saved export of the old migrated version. (Don't
> forget that migrated versions of many of your external function
> declarations will have the ANSI qualifier added; don't try to copy
> from the PB8 version.)
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>

> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:08:46 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> >Hi Terry,
> >Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
> >the application.
> >But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
> >any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
> >error.
> >I have copied the exact error here.
>
> >  ---------- Compiler: Errors
> >vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
> > ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
>
> >thanks a lot
> >vimal
>
> >On Oct 8, 7:49 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
> >> If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate
> >> successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter;
> >> you'll have to Edit Source to modify it.
>
> >> If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below)
> >> may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify your
> >> problems and change them in (PB8) painters.
>
> >> As for your specific error, n_cst_platformwin32 is an extension layer
> >> object, which is distributed as an empty object, so anything in there
> >> is something your team has added. We aren't in a position to suggest
> >> solutions without a lot more information.
>
> >> Good luck,
>
> >> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

> *********************************
> Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungryhttp://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox:http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o

vimal
10/9/2007 11:44:47 AM
On Oct 9, 4:44 pm, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> Hi Terry,
> thanks, I already found that error is in following external function
> declaration... in the alias part we have '@' in function name.. &
> thats causing the problem i guess.. if i remove '@' its getting
> exported correctly...
> can I use _GetBrowsePath@12 function name within the quotes?
>
> FUNCTION Integer GetBrowsePath ( UnsignedLong hwndOwner, &
>                         REF String sPath, &
>                         String sTitle ) &
>                         LIBRARY "appdll.dll" &
>                         ALIAS FOR _GetBrowsePath@12
> Please help
> Thanks & Regards
> Vimal
>
> On Oct 9, 4:05 pm, Terry Voth <seq...@techno-kitten.com> wrote:
>

> > I believe that means the problem is on line 29 of the export; beyond
> > that, there's nothing I can tell. You can try to dump the object and
> > create a new one, adding the functionality back in piece by piece by
> > copying from the saved export of the old migrated version. (Don't
> > forget that migrated versions of many of your external function
> > declarations will have the ANSI qualifier added; don't try to copy
> > from the PB8 version.)
>
> > Good luck,
>
> > Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> > On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 01:08:46 -0700, vimal.sang...@cognizant.com wrote:
> > >Hi Terry,
> > >Thanks a lot for your help, I have been able to successfully Migrate
> > >the application.
> > >But could not get rid of syntax error in n_cst_platformwin32. Is there
> > >any way by which I can find, for what function I am getting that
> > >error.
> > >I have copied the exact error here.
>
> > >  ---------- Compiler: Errors
> > >vrvapsrv.pbl(n_cst_platformwin32).29: Error       C0031: Syntax error
> > > ---------- Finished Errors   (1:36:23 PM)
>
> > >thanks a lot
> > >vimal

> > *********************************
> > Need to get up to speed on PB11? In North America?http://www.isug.com/pb11tour
> > *********************************
> > Click once a day to help the hungryhttp://www.thehungersite.com
> > *********************************
> > Newsgroup User Manual
> > =====================
> > TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> > Forums = Peer-to-peer
> > Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> > IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> > Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> > *********************************
>
> > Sequel's Sandbox:http://www.techno-kitten.com
> > Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> > Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> > PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> > See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> > ^ ^
> > o o

I think that should work in Help ex. also they have used quotes..
0
vimal
10/9/2007 11:53:24 AM
I've never even seen an ALIAS without quotes, so you're in new water for
me. I'd definitely start with that.
Good luck,

--