migrate access database to sql anywhere database

I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL
Anywhere database.
Has anyone done this?  I would like to use this database in sql anywhere
to utilize the native drivers.

Thankyou in advance

david

0
David

You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables.  If you have a tool like
Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure.
BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC.  There are no native drivers.

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

David Bowles <davidb@goodnet.com> wrote in article
<34738A77.2C758640@goodnet.com>...
> I am having trouble migrating a Microsoft Access database to SQL
> Anywhere database.
> Has anyone done this?  I would like to use this database in sql anywhere
> to utilize the native drivers.

0
Terry
11/20/1997 6:08:51 PM
Terry Dykstra <tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> wrote in article
<01bcf5e7$c7df9360$8366e4cf@tdykstra.cfol.ab.ca>...
> You can use the pipeline to migrate all tables.  If you have a tool like
> Powerdesigner, you can reverse engineer the database structure.
> BTW, SQLAnywhere uses ODBC.  There are no native drivers.

ODBC is the native driver.

--
Mike "Agent of Chaos" Swaim  | Disclaimer: I Lie
Work: mpswaim@gdseng.com

0
Mike

Access Database and SQL Server database
Hi, I have an access database server and a sql server DB. The  Structure of both DB is same . The data is updated or inserted in access DB. I want to update SQL Server DB on a any event say button click. All updated data or new data in access DB should be reflected on SQL Server DB . Can anyone guide on the approach to be attempted. Thanks   Mark this as an answer if you find my it helpful.Thanks,Anubhuti ONe approach would be to use the System.Data.OleDb library and store connection strings for each database in your web.config file.  Each time you need ...

How do I migrate a SQL Anywhere database into Microsoft SQL Server?
I received a detached .db file which was from Sybase ASA version 9. I installed the Developer version of SQL Anywhere 11 and used the Unload Database tool to convert it to a version 11 database. I am trying to get the whole thing into SQL Server 2008 (which is what I need to work in) using the Import Wizard. I select the data source "SQL Anywhere OLE DB Provider 11", but I am stuck getting it to actually connect. I read that there may be problems with this driver. Does anyone have any tips on how to copy this database into SQL Server? Thanks in advance for any help! Hi...

How do I migrate a SQL Anywhere database into Microsoft SQL Server?
I got a detached .db file from a client which was from Sybase ASA version 9. I installed the Developer version of SQL Anywhere 11 and used the Unload Database tool to convert it to a version 11 database. I am trying to get the whole thing into SQL Server 2008 (which is what I need to work in) using the Import Wizard. I select the data source "SQL Anywhere OLE DB Provider 11", but I am stuck getting it to actually connect. I read that there may be problems with this driver. Does anyone have any tips on how to copy this database onto SQL Server? Thanks for your help! W...

Migration of Passwords when database is migrated from Access to SQL Server
Hi:  Can someone please help me here. I have an access database with over 100 users.. their passwords are hashed using the hashed algorithm SHA1. Now I have migrated to SQL Server 2005 and want to export the passwords there. I dont need to see them but even migrating them in the hashed format is fine.. I tried copying the hashed password from access and pasting it in sql server 2005 but no success..   Any ideas. please  .. I dont want to email all users with a new password.. Thanks Have you tried importing from SQL Server. Using Import/Export wizard of SQL server 200...

updating Sql database from linked Access database
I got thrown into a new project that is going to require me to update an SQL server database tables from an Access table on the backend of an Oracle database on another server. At the end of each day the Access dabase will be updated from the Oracle database. What I need to do, is when the Access database is updated I need to have the table in the SQL database automaticaly updated. When a new record is added to the Access table I need the new record added to the SQL table. When a record is deleted in the Access table I need to keep that record in the SQL table and set a field to a value (...

Conversion of a DNN Access database to SQL database
We have an Access version of the Dot Net Nuke database. We are upgrading to a server with SQL. We'd like to transfer the content from the Access database to the SQL database. Is this possible? Is there a utility available for this conversion. What should we be aware of as we try this? Take a look at http://www.freelance.supertoddler.com/Default.aspx?tabid=37 Rob Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily Thank for your excellent process! I was able to successfully move the data. ...

How can I update a SQL database with an Access database
I need to update an SQL database with an access database that is built on queries.  I need to do this nightly.   Can someone explain how to write the query for this and then I could add it to my nightly maintenance.   Thank you DeeDarlene D. Murphydeemurphy_us@yahoo.com you can reference your Sql Database through Access either with linked tables or ADO.  As long as you have update rights on the Sql Tables, you can use your Access queries to update the Sql tables.Good Luck and happy programming!Let's build community! If my post helped you, mark it as the Answ...

Converting Access database to the Sql Server database
how can I convert or transfer my Access database to SQl Server database ? Thanks in advance.HighOnCodingWanna get high! Try "the Upsizing wizard". Look in Access help...

how to access other database in this database ?

New errors access MS SQL Server Database on (CREATE DATABASE and Batch SQL Statement)
------=_NextPart_000_002B_01C2F2CB.0C201FF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm running ActiveState perl 5.8.0 on a WIN2K box with MS SQL Server = 2000. Recently I updated DBD-ODBC to v1.05 and DBI to v1.35 Now I get the following errors executing some sql commands CREATE SQLSTMT:[CREATE DATABASE POMS_SER ON (NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_DAT', = FILENAME =3D 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_SER_Data.MDF', SIZE =3D 10MB) LOG ON = ( NAME =3D 'POMS_SER_LOG', FILENAME =3D = 'd:\Database\POMS\POMS_S...

Access multi database in one SQL statment using SQL Anywhere
Dear all, Is it possible to access multi database in one SQL statment using SQL Anywhere DB? e.g. SELECT db_a.table_a.* where db_a.table_a.id = db_b.table_b.id ; Thanks in advance Bill Yes, provided you have a version that supports remote tables. /ck "Bill" <bchie@opensys.com.hk> wrote in message news:02HIHkeXBHA.353@forums.sybase.com... > Dear all, > > Is it possible to access multi database in one SQL statment using SQL > Anywhere DB? > > e.g. > SELECT db_a.table_a.* where db_a.table_a.id = db_b.table_b.id ; > >...

General sql database access
I'm currently developing a number of websites for various clients and have built a useful Content Management System for each. Almost everything on my site is database generated and each page makes multiple database calls for many different things. My problem is that my database control is quite rudimentary and is therefor letting down the rest of my application. I have implemented the GotDotNet Application Block 3.1 and generally use the ExecuteReader method for everything I do. I programatically generate all database returns using while ( IDataReader.Read() ) and then close the IDat...

Accessing the PC database using a web-page and PowerBuilder 5.0 front-end and MS Access Database
I am trying to connect my web page, which is the standard HTML Explorier applet to my MS Access Database by way of PowerBuilder 5.0. I would like the steps and PowerBuilder Script to make this work. I was told that this is possible, but I don't know where to start, where to place the needed Script, and how to get the link on the web page to call up Powerbuilder to access the MS Access database. Help! You create a PB user object that has methods that do the access. You deploy that as a distributed PB component and then access it using Web.PB. Read more on distributed PB and...

Web resources about - migrate access database to sql anywhere database - sybase.powerbuilder.general

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...

Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database
Trump calls for surveillance of some mosques, attempts to clarify remarks on Syrian database

Presidential Candidates Condemn Donald Trump's 'Database' Comment
... and Democratic presidential candidates have condemned Donald Trump for his recent statements suggesting the United States should start a database ...