Matching

I need to implement matching functionality -- match an entry to a list
of valid values -- using soundex and fuzzy principles, et. al. Is there
third party code I can buy that handles this?

james pelton
j-pelton@nwu.edu
northwestern university
0
James

Soundex is supported by Sybase Adaptive Server.

James Pelton wrote:

> I need to implement matching functionality -- match an entry to a list
> of valid values -- using soundex and fuzzy principles, et. al. Is there
> third party code I can buy that handles this?
>
> james pelton
> j-pelton@nwu.edu
> northwestern university

0
Ken

What generals generally do

match not matching
Can somebody help me understand this? Given this loop, and the logged output following ... my $found; for( @$products ) {; $found = $$_ =~ m|$project|; $dump = Data::Dumper->Dump([$_, $project, $$_, $found]); $logger->trace(qq(dump=$dump)); } I can't explain why $found is not true on the 3rd pass. Does this have something to do with the way I'm dereferencing the blessed object? SVN.Hooks - dump=$VAR1 = bless( do{\(my $o = 'FS1100-S1')}, 'RPC::XML::string' ); $VAR2 = 'STABLE/FS1100-S3/RSLOGIX_5000/'; $VAR3 = 'FS1100-S1'...

Matching and general expressions
Hello, I'm trying to learn and use the patterns. This is my first "serious" try with perl. I have a long list of words and phrases that I need to find. Let's take this example. I want to find this patterns anywhere, no matter if there are followed by other characters: Central PendingCall object PendingCall.getOutputParameter PendingCall.getOutputParameterByName PendingCall.getOutputParameters I have been trying this: pattern="m/Central PendingCall object/" pattern="m/PendingCall.getOutputParameter/" But the last one it shadows ...

[perl6/specs] 8efa3a: Correct Match.start/Match.end -> Match.from/Match....
----==_mimepart_51421864a530e_53794451388849a Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:35:16 -0700 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-ID: <51421864aceb8_537944513888528@hookshot-fe6-pe1-prd.aws.github.net.mail> Branch: refs/heads/master Home: https://github.com/perl6/specs Commit: 8efa3ac10649401dbbcb6488975bc65d6b501326 https://github.com/perl6/specs/commit/8efa3ac10649401dbbcb6488975bc65d6b501326 Author: Rob Hoelz <rob@hoelz.ro> Date: 2013-03-14 (Thu, 14 Mar 2013) Changed paths: M S28-spe...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

howto simplfy this regex if ($string =~/^$match | $match | $match$/g){
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C8ADE9.8884D110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, How do I simplify the regex below so that it matches only the number 1, = henceforth it should return false if I match $string with $match. use strict; use warnings; my $string =3D "10 11 12 13 40"; my $match =3D 1; if ($string =3D~/^$match | $match | $match$/g){ print "match"; }else{ print "unmatch"; }; ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C8ADE9.8884D110-- On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:19 AM, &l...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

The PowerBuilder start tag does not match the end tag.
All, I receive the following error when I deploy the application to Appeon 6.1. I get no compile errors in Powerbuilder 11.2 but I get this error when deploying to Appeon. Any ideas? Here is the warning when I deploy the application to Appeon: 14:10:25 n_cst_ho_accounting:n_cst_ho_accounting:of_940:return false:->The PowerBuilder start tag does not match the end tag. Hi Jeff, Based on your description it is hard for us to recreate this scenario here at Appeon. It will be very helpful that you could present us the files listed below so that we have a better understan...

Powerbuilder <---> General CORBA/IIOP Environment
We're trying to connect Powerbuilder 7 to a CORBA environment other than Jaguar. In particular, we need to talk to components we've created in BEA's WebLogic Enterprise CORBA environment. Has anyone else accomplished this with BEA or any of the other ORB products? We've tried to RTFM but it seems to be primarily interested in Jaguar and some type of connection called "winsock" without mentioning any other ORB products. Thanks. Hi Doug, Good question, to which I don't have an answer. Post this question in the easserver newsgroup. Maybe you&...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

Web resources about - Matching - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Matching, Essex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Matching is a village and civil parish in the Epping Forest district of the County of Essex , England . The village of Matching lying on undulating ...

Facebook Video Chat App Rounds Launches Social Matching Algorithm
Facebook video-chat application Rounds rolled out its social matching algorithm today, which allows users to connect with friends of friends ...

SPMD Kenshoo launches Intent-Driven Audiences, matching search ads to Facebook
Kenshoo , a Facebook Strategic Preferred Marketing Developer, announced Wednesday the launch of Intent-Driven Audiences . This new tool matches ...

Abby – Basic Skills Preschool: Counting, Letters, Puzzles Colors, Shapes, Patterns, Matching and more ...
Get Abby – Basic Skills Preschool: Counting, Letters, Puzzles Colors, Shapes, Patterns, Matching and more on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

ATO ramps up data matching, tells Uber drivers to register or we're coming for you
Uber and other ride-sourcing drivers are being warned by the Tax Office to declare their income and pay GST before the end of the month.

Brisbane Lions fury at pick for Matthew Leuenberger, 'consider' matching Bombers
The Brisbane Lions have criticised free agency compensation and&nbsp;say they are considering matching Essendon's contract offer for Matthew ...

Programmatic Goes to the Dogs in Saatchi Pet-Matching Effort
Programmatic advertising is about to go to the dogs. In a campaign breaking in November, a Beverly Hills, Calif.-based animal shelter will use ...

Facebook Adds Multiple Matching Options for Custom Audiences
Facebook has added real-time matching across multiple data types to its custom audiences ad-targeting tool. The social network said in a Facebook ...

Apple is looking to increase the music library matching limit to 100,000 tracks
... Tale , and Take a ride on the world’s most famous train with Orient Express History . Apple is looking to increase the music library matching ...

New System Center Configuration Manager to be “as a service,” matching Windows 10’s pace
Microsoft is continuing to move away from infrequent major releases and towards a steadier stream of regular updates, with System Center Configuration ...