match

Using ASA8 PB8.03
I am dev a jpn app where they use MS IME JPN input which can be defined as
half width characters or full width characters something like (a s d d or
asddfff)

How can I force a validation rule to accept only half width katakana?

something like; @columnA= halfwidth kana(obviously I need to replace the
second part)
or maybe using the match(string,textpattern)
But what is the text pattern???

0
Matt

Is this App running on Japanese Windows?

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

"Matt" <NoEmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Using ASA8 PB8.03
> I am dev a jpn app where they use MS IME JPN input which can be defined as
> half width characters or full width characters something like (a s d d or
> asddfff)
>
> How can I force a validation rule to accept only half width katakana?
>
> something like; @columnA= halfwidth kana(obviously I need to replace the
> second part)
> or maybe using the match(string,textpattern)
> But what is the text pattern???

0
Philip
7/6/2003 4:36:51 AM
Not really running on W2k with locale as JPN.

"Philip Salgannik" <philemax@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is this App running on Japanese Windows?
>

> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik

0
Matt
7/6/2003 5:14:13 AM
How do you expect the double byte stuff to work then?

> Not really running on W2k with locale as JPN.
>
> "Philip Salgannik" <philemax@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Is this App running on Japanese Windows?
> >

> > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > Philip Salgannik

0
Philip
7/6/2003 9:17:25 PM
Well the same way it works on a machine that has a jpn keyboard/OS.
The only difference is the menu and dailog is in ENG.
Maybe next time don't bother saying anything..

> How do you expect the double byte stuff to work then?
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> "Matt" <NoEmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Not really running on W2k with locale as JPN.
> >
> > "Philip Salgannik" <philemax@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Is this App running on Japanese Windows?
> > >

> > > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > > Philip Salgannik

0
Matt
7/6/2003 10:46:44 PM
Well the same way it works on a machine that has a jpn keyboard/OS.
The only difference is the menu and dailog is in ENG.

"Philip Salgannik" <philemax@comcast.net> wrote in message
> How do you expect the double byte stuff to work then?
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik
>
> "Matt" <NoEmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Not really running on W2k with locale as JPN.
> >
> > "Philip Salgannik" <philemax@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Is this App running on Japanese Windows?
> > >

> > > pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> > > Philip Salgannik

0
Matt
7/6/2003 10:47:25 PM
"but I'll try to ignore that."

Wow Philip, you must of had a wonderful weekend....usually you are not so
'forgiving'...shall we say  ;)

<Philip_Salgannik> wrote in message
> You are rude (rudeness in these forums usually directly correlates with
> inability to RTFM), but I'll try to ignore that.
>
> From PB Help:
>
> DBCS support
>
> Description
>
> PowerBuilder 8 supports both ANSI and double-byte character sets (DBCS).
> Any applications that you build in or migrate to PowerBuilder 8 can run in
> a Windows DBCS environment. If you plan to deploy an application to both
> DBCS and ANSI environments, make sure the size of controls is large enough
> to accommodate all character sets that might be used.
>
> Usage
>
> In an ANSI environment, a character is equivalent to a byte. However, in a
> DBCS environment, byte and character are not equivalent?each character
> could be one or two bytes. For example, in the edit mask style xxxx, x
> always represents a character. The mask can hold four bytes in ANSI, and
> eight bytes in DBCS. You must allocate enough memory space to handle this
> difference. For example, you may need to change the width of a column of
> data type char from 40 to 80.
> LenW function In DBCS environments, you should use the "wide" version of
> the Len function, Lenw, to obtain the number of characters in a string.
The
> Len function obtains the number of bytes in the string.
>
> PowerBuilder determines whether to call ANSI or multibyte versions of
> functions based on the current Windows environment. For example, in a DBCS
> Windows environment such as Chinese Windows, multibyte functions are
> called. Using multibyte functions adds to processing time. However, if you
> only require ASCII data processing, you can force ANSI operations in a
DBCS
> Windows environment with the command-line option /ANSI.
>

> So, going back to your problem, I am not sure what PB will consider the
> current Windows environment to be - ANSI or DBCS when you are running on
> English Windows with JPN locale (versus Japanese Windows).
> It migh be easier to do these validations in script then in the datawindow
> expression, combining ANSI and multibyte versions of string manipulation
> functions...

0
Austin
7/7/2003 3:46:29 PM
You are rude (rudeness in these forums usually directly correlates with
inability to RTFM), but I'll try to ignore that.

From PB Help:

[...]

Philip_Salgannik

What generals generally do

match not matching
Can somebody help me understand this? Given this loop, and the logged output following ... my $found; for( @$products ) {; $found = $$_ =~ m|$project|; $dump = Data::Dumper->Dump([$_, $project, $$_, $found]); $logger->trace(qq(dump=$dump)); } I can't explain why $found is not true on the 3rd pass. Does this have something to do with the way I'm dereferencing the blessed object? SVN.Hooks - dump=$VAR1 = bless( do{\(my $o = 'FS1100-S1')}, 'RPC::XML::string' ); $VAR2 = 'STABLE/FS1100-S3/RSLOGIX_5000/'; $VAR3 = 'FS1100-S1'...

Matching and general expressions
Hello, I'm trying to learn and use the patterns. This is my first "serious" try with perl. I have a long list of words and phrases that I need to find. Let's take this example. I want to find this patterns anywhere, no matter if there are followed by other characters: Central PendingCall object PendingCall.getOutputParameter PendingCall.getOutputParameterByName PendingCall.getOutputParameters I have been trying this: pattern="m/Central PendingCall object/" pattern="m/PendingCall.getOutputParameter/" But the last one it shadows ...

[perl6/specs] 8efa3a: Correct Match.start/Match.end -> Match.from/Match....
----==_mimepart_51421864a530e_53794451388849a Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:35:16 -0700 Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-ID: <51421864aceb8_537944513888528@hookshot-fe6-pe1-prd.aws.github.net.mail> Branch: refs/heads/master Home: https://github.com/perl6/specs Commit: 8efa3ac10649401dbbcb6488975bc65d6b501326 https://github.com/perl6/specs/commit/8efa3ac10649401dbbcb6488975bc65d6b501326 Author: Rob Hoelz <rob@hoelz.ro> Date: 2013-03-14 (Thu, 14 Mar 2013) Changed paths: M S28-spe...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

howto simplfy this regex if ($string =~/^$match | $match | $match$/g){
------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C8ADE9.8884D110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, How do I simplify the regex below so that it matches only the number 1, = henceforth it should return false if I match $string with $match. use strict; use warnings; my $string =3D "10 11 12 13 40"; my $match =3D 1; if ($string =3D~/^$match | $match | $match$/g){ print "match"; }else{ print "unmatch"; }; ------=_NextPart_000_004C_01C8ADE9.8884D110-- On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 1:19 AM, &l...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

The PowerBuilder start tag does not match the end tag.
All, I receive the following error when I deploy the application to Appeon 6.1. I get no compile errors in Powerbuilder 11.2 but I get this error when deploying to Appeon. Any ideas? Here is the warning when I deploy the application to Appeon: 14:10:25 n_cst_ho_accounting:n_cst_ho_accounting:of_940:return false:->The PowerBuilder start tag does not match the end tag. Hi Jeff, Based on your description it is hard for us to recreate this scenario here at Appeon. It will be very helpful that you could present us the files listed below so that we have a better understan...

Powerbuilder <---> General CORBA/IIOP Environment
We're trying to connect Powerbuilder 7 to a CORBA environment other than Jaguar. In particular, we need to talk to components we've created in BEA's WebLogic Enterprise CORBA environment. Has anyone else accomplished this with BEA or any of the other ORB products? We've tried to RTFM but it seems to be primarily interested in Jaguar and some type of connection called "winsock" without mentioning any other ORB products. Thanks. Hi Doug, Good question, to which I don't have an answer. Post this question in the easserver newsgroup. Maybe you&...

Powerbuilder general function to open setfocus and set filter on...
I have a problem conserning wherever in the application when someone registers an alert for later handling this function is to register the entire object path to where he registered that alert. (I am using PowerBuilder 6.5). Then im to retrieve the entire path for the followin things: column. datawindow tab window Are there any functions to do this in PFC, im sorry for posting this here, but i cannot find much in the documentation, btw another question, do you know of any good links to better documentation for PFC than what follows PowerBuilder? Thanks in advance. Klaus M...

Web resources about - match - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Match - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wooden matches are packaged in matchboxes , and paper matches are partially cut into rows and stapled into matchbooks . The coated end of a match, ...

Match - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wooden matches are packaged in matchboxes , and paper matches are partially cut into rows and stapled into matchbooks . The coated end of a match, ...

Facebook Redesigns Permalink Pages To Match Timeline - AllFacebook
Facebook introduced a minor design change, making the background of permanent link pages light blue, to reflect the color scheme of timeline. ...

Associate Bonus Watch: The First Cravath Match — Wow, That Was Fast!
At least one prominent Biglaw firm won't be trying to trump Cravath.

Match tiles and keep the rhythm going in Bebop Puzzle Beat
Bebop Puzzle Beat Match tiles and keep the rhythm going in Bebop Puzzle Beat is a story by AppAdvice.com AppAdvice - iPhone, iPad, iPod, App ...

Billionaire cage match
Billionaire cage match by digby I've been wondering for some time if it wouldn't just be easier to quit this charade we call "democracy" and ...

Apple Increases iTunes Match, Apple Music iCloud Storage Limit To 100,000 Tracks
... store a lot more of their favorite tunes in the cloud: about 75,000 more songs to be exact. Apple confirmed over the weekend that iTunes Match ...

Scalabrine: Celtics match up well; predicts win vs Golden State
... Login Search form Search 53° Main menu Home Celtics Patriots Red Sox Bruins Revolution More WRITERS Watch Shop NECN Scalabrine: Celtics match ...

Gun Test: Ruger’s GP100 Match Champion
It's a solid 38 ounces with a 4.2 inch barrel - perfect for home defense or punching paper

Player Forced To Officiate Girls' Soccer Match After Sexist Comments To Female Ref
Kerem Demirbay of German second division club Fortuna Düsseldorf was having a good game a couple weeks ago, notching two goals before accumulating ...