MAPI and rich text edit control.

I can email the contents of a multiline edit control (mle_message) by doing
the following:
mMsg.notetext = mle_message.text

But how can I substitute a rich text edit control (rte_message) instead?

// the following doesn't make sense !!
mMsg.notetext = rte_message.text

So, how do I store the contents of a rich text edit control to
mMsg.notetext?

Also, I know I could solve this by emailing  a file attachment but I don't
want to do that.

Thanks,
Andy

0
Andrew

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Rich Text Edit Control
1. I am using RTF control in a window Can i get rtf data in the format like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\b\f0\fs24 RichText control is installed!!!\par } from this control.... I know i can use UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB but that would be blob data. i want to get data like above because i have to display the contents of richtextedit control on a webpage as well. 2. Can I put RichText Edit control on a datawindow? 1) You can store and retrieve up to 32k without needing to use SELECTBLOB and UPDATEBLOB. You c...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Problem of rich text edit control
Is it possible to prevent a user set the margin of rte control to a negative value? ...

Rich Text Edit Control / DWHelp
Hi can anyone shed some light. I am trying to create a view screen to show comment details from my db. Certain words need to be highlighted in Red. I thought of using either the Rich text edit control on a window or the Rich text dw format. The problem is, If I use the dw, I cannot first select the text so that I can change the colour (via a loop to find all the relevant words). If I use the edit control on a window, I cannot get the text into it except via an ascii text file which I dont want to do (I want to put it in either as a string var or directly from the db). Any ideas much ...

Rich Text Edit Control Limit
Is there anyway to limit the number of characters in a Rich Text Edit control? I know there's a limit property on a multi line edit, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the rich text edit. What I'm trying to do is have a datawindow with multiple rows at the top of the screen and when a rowfocuschanged occurs to populate the rich text edit control with data from one of the fields. From there they can edit it and the editchanged user event copies it back to the datawindow so that it can be updated. Everything works great except that the field is only 4000 characte...

Rich Text Edit Control Queries
Hi there! I am having the following problems with Rich Text Edit controls using PB6.5: 1. What-you-see-is-not-what-you-get. I can see the indentation on the document which is displayed at the control, but when I print out, the document is without the indentation. 2. I cannot see the page numbering. When I select the header and footer, I cannot see it during a preview and during a physical hard copy after a print. 3. How can I set the default font setting which is applicable for all documents? I understand I can always change it on the menu bar, but I cannot seem t...

Web resources about - MAPI and rich text edit control. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Now you can control your GoPro Camera from Apple Watch
One of the nicest features of the GoPro camera is the ability to control it using the iPhone app. With the GoPro App , you can easily control ...

Microsoft Band updated to include music controls and inactivity alerts
... Microsoft Band came out, the company is adding functionality with a small software update. The two biggest features of this update—music controls ...

Control a car's features with a glance? Not science fiction
Filed under: Emerging Technologies , Infotainment , Technology Press a button to change your car's climate controls? Turn a knob to view your ...

"... Trump owns and controls the media... they can't not cover him... his audience is bigger than theirs ...
... their army (i.e., the media) can't take out their enemy. They don't have the slightest idea what to do.... The media, in their own minds, controls ...

How to control your iPhone by just tilting your head
... the best sight, hearing, or motor functions to still use iOS to its fullest capabilities — but they can also be used to customize your controls. ...

Fox Presents Ben Stein As An Awesome, Stupendous Gun Control Genius
Fox News host Neil Cavuto was super-impressed with “great writer and thinker” Ben Stein's opposition to gun control. “The problem is not gun ...

White House: We’re Not Going To Wait Until Something Happens To Pass Gun Control
Reporter: 'Where any of the recent mass shooters on the no-fly list?' Earnest: 'Not that I'm aware of'

The NFL Should Seize Control Of The Cleveland Browns
Drew Magary’s Thursday Afternoon NFL Dick Joke Jamboroo runs every Thursday during the NFL season. Email Drew here . Read more...

Halo 5 is getting advanced control options
... is a good day. There's more to next week's update for Halo 5: Guardians than Forge mode, maps, and REQs. The game is also expanding its control ...