lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized #2

Hi...sorry for the repost, but I can't find my original or any answers
anywhere.  Not sure where it went, but I'll repost & hope for the best.

From: "Trisha Gorr" <trisha.gorr@SPAMFREE.moh.gov.on.ca>
Subject: lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized
Date: August 13, 2003 4:28 PM

Here's a silly little problem ...

I can only see my PowerBuilder if I've got it maximized.  If I try to
restore it to it's previous size, it's gone.  Can't see it anywhere.
Somehow it must have gotten moved off the screen.

I've snooped through my registry trying to find where it saves the window
position settings, but haven't had any luck.  I was looking thru
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0 and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0  ... didn't see
anything, but may have missed it.

Any ideas (well other than always running it maximized) ???

Pb 8.0.2 ... Windows XP

Thanks, Trish

0
Trisha

Go in to the pb.ini file.  Find a setting called 'window'.  Change the x,y
and width/height to values that will make it visible on your desktop.

Tim Wallace

"Trisha Gorr" <trisha.gorr@SPAMFREE.moh.gov.on.ca> wrote in message
> Hi...sorry for the repost, but I can't find my original or any answers
> anywhere.  Not sure where it went, but I'll repost & hope for the best.
>
> From: "Trisha Gorr" <trisha.gorr@SPAMFREE.moh.gov.on.ca>
> Subject: lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized
> Date: August 13, 2003 4:28 PM
>
> Here's a silly little problem ...
>
> I can only see my PowerBuilder if I've got it maximized.  If I try to
> restore it to it's previous size, it's gone.  Can't see it anywhere.
> Somehow it must have gotten moved off the screen.
>
> I've snooped through my registry trying to find where it saves the window
> position settings, but haven't had any luck.  I was looking thru
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0 and
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0  ... didn't see
> anything, but may have missed it.
>
> Any ideas (well other than always running it maximized) ???
>
> Pb 8.0.2 ... Windows XP
>
> Thanks, Trish

0
Tim
8/27/2003 5:48:00 PM
Thanks!!!!  All better now
.... it was Window=-32000 -32000 160 27
seems a little happier at Window=1 1 1052 630

Trisha

"Tim Wallace" <reply@this_group.com> wrote in message
> Go in to the pb.ini file.  Find a setting called 'window'.  Change the x,y
> and width/height to values that will make it visible on your desktop.
>
> Tim Wallace
>
> "Trisha Gorr" <trisha.gorr@SPAMFREE.moh.gov.on.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi...sorry for the repost, but I can't find my original or any answers
> > anywhere.  Not sure where it went, but I'll repost & hope for the best.
> >
> > From: "Trisha Gorr" <trisha.gorr@SPAMFREE.moh.gov.on.ca>
> > Subject: lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized
> > Date: August 13, 2003 4:28 PM
> >
> > Here's a silly little problem ...
> >
> > I can only see my PowerBuilder if I've got it maximized.  If I try to
> > restore it to it's previous size, it's gone.  Can't see it anywhere.
> > Somehow it must have gotten moved off the screen.
> >
> > I've snooped through my registry trying to find where it saves the
window
> > position settings, but haven't had any luck.  I was looking thru
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0 and
> > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0  ... didn't see
> > anything, but may have missed it.
> >
> > Any ideas (well other than always running it maximized) ???
> >
> > Pb 8.0.2 ... Windows XP
> >
> > Thanks, Trish

0
Trisha

lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized
Here's a silly little problem ... I can only see my PowerBuilder if I've got it maximized. If I try to restore it to it's previous size, it's gone. Can't see it anywhere. Somehow it must have gotten moved off the screen. I've snooped through my registry trying to find where it saves the window position settings, but haven't had any luck. I was looking thru HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0 and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0 ... didn't see anything, but may have missed it. Any ideas (well other than always ...

Powerbuilder's future #2
Last year, there was another decline in Powerbuilder users (http://www.visual-expert.com/us/info/survey_pb_2007_results.htm). I think mainly it is because Sybase neglected a great product. Although they say in the survey that the decline is neglegible, Majority of the survey participants; if not all; I believe are from the US. The question is HOW ABOUT THE REST OF THE WORLD? for the past few years, I have been tracking jobs sites in Australia just to see how "in-demand" Powerbuilder is. For the past few years, there was a steady decline in demand, The sad thing about the hir...

PowerBuilder EBF's #2
It would be nice if Sybase posted why they have made an EBF. If we could know the errors that had been fixed we could avoid wasting time running in to them. And we could also avoid downloading EBF we do not need. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

Using PowerBuilder's or Infomaker's Query Painter in my applicatoin
I am at the point in my application where I would like to allow my users to create customized queries, and possibly reports. I have figured out how to use syntaxfromsql to convert sql to the special datawindow code, and this works find for me. But some of my users arn't as gifted in the sql department. So now I wish I had a nice GUI query builder. My question is; Is the query painter, and maybe even the datawindow painter accessable from Powerbuilder script kind of like an activeX? Or an object that I can drop into a window. I think I am to the point that I could recreate th...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

PowerBuilder 8 Deployment DLL's #2
I am looking for the list of the DLL files which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) machine during the Application deployment. Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com Look in the HTML books, Application Techniques. There is a section on deploying the application. <Larry Utkin> wrote in message news:40699ca8.2fbb.846930886@sybase.com... > I am looking for the list of the DLL files > which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) > machine during the Application deployment. > Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com ...

Using Henter-Joyce's JAWS program with PowerBuilder #2
Has anybody used JAWS program in conjunction with an application written in PowerBuilder? JAWS is a utility program written by Henter-Joyce. This program helps blind or visually impaired computer users use various computer applications. The product works majority of the time with PowerBuilder. The main problem areas are: Tabpage labels RadioButtons and CheckBoxes within a datawindow I would appreciate any information regarding JAWS used with PowerBuilder applicaitions. ...

What is MSSqlServer 2000's Bigint in powerbuilder 9.0.2?
how does the sqlserver 2000's bigint map to powerbuilder's datatypes? Long? longlong A standard datatype that is a 64-bit signed integer in the range -9223372036854775808 to 9223372036854775807. "Cfauvel" <TheFauvels@verizon.net> wrote in message news:42f8c76b$1@forums-2-dub... > how does the sqlserver 2000's bigint map to powerbuilder's datatypes? > > Long? > thanks...I think the datawindow may have an issue. I have two apps, both built on pb9.0.2, one uses the native database driver for sqlserver, and the other...

How can I use another vendor's COM objects in PowerBuilder application? #2
I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and also sample code ? Thank you. Vikram Suva wrote: > I am planning to user another vendor's COM objects in our existing > PowerBuilder Application. Can anyone provide detailed steps how to do it and > also sample code ? Thank you. > Look at the oleobject documentation (ConnectToNewObject(), etc.) I really recommend properly coding the ExternalException event for oleobject...it allows you to gracefully recover ...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

PowerBuilder Books on O'reilly's Safari
I just noticed that the book PowerBuilder9 Internet and Distributed Application Development is available at O'Reilly's Safari Books Online site: http://safari.oreilly.com/0672324997 Looks like you can even buy a PDF version from the informIT.com site too: http://www.informit.com/store/product.aspx?isbn=0768663296 Any idea when (or if) the PowerBuilder Advanced Client/Server Development book will make it onto Safari? This is a great book and would be nice to have it preserved and accessible in an online format. Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation Never...

Can i have 2 form together MDI Child : 1' maximed , 2' Non Maximed ?
Hi I have an MDI application with Delphi 2007 I Have 2 child, i should to set 1' child to Maximed ( full maximed but always Sizeable ) and 2' child in Not sizeable , with border ( bsSingle ) i have try... 1' child is maximed , ok :) but when i open 2' child ( bssingle ) the 1' child , change in automatic in bsSingle ( no more full - maximed ) hint ? Best Regard. Mauro Botta. Mauro Botta wrote: > I Have 2 child, > i should to set 1' child to Maximed ( full maximed but always > Sizeable ) and 2' child in Not sizeable ,...

How to detect if the 'cancel' button on Acrobat Reader's PDF print dialog window has been clicked when using Acrobat Reader ActiveX control in Powerbuilder 9
Product name: Acrobat Reader V5.0, Powerbuilder V9 Operating System: Windows XP I have an Acrobat Reader's ActiveX control on my window application to present and print PDF files. The application was developed using Powerbuilder V9. I need to know if a user has just printed a file then save the printed date into a database. The user can click the 'Cancel' button on the print dialog window from Acrobat Reader to cancel the printing. In this case I won't update the printed date. How can I know if the user has clicked the 'Cancel' button to cancel the printing? ...

Powerbuilder's incompetence
(I hate resorting to insults, but I really need some resolution, or enough evidence to compel my superiors that I must abandon PowerBuilder. My previous two posts on this went unanswered.) I've always believed that PowerBuilder was not an adequate environment for doing anything but simplistic data windows. Now this opinion is supported by the fact that PowerBuilder doesn't provide the correct environment to run ActiveX controls. I suppose all those stories from co-workers about bad experiences with anything resembling *real* *programming* should have warned me. My *first*...

PowerBuilder On Mac's
I understand that Powersoft has stopped supporting PB on the Mac. Does anyone know where I could find that information directly from Sybase. I have spent quite a bit of time on their site with no results! Thanks -- http://www.genesis-software.com jdouglas@genesis-software.com ******************************************************************** * You want me to remove what to send you mail, forget it! * ******************************************************************** On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:01:02 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jim Douglas" ...

Powerbuilder's Future
Hi. I am looking for some insight about Powerbuilder. First of all, does anyone know what share of the market Powerbuilder has compared to it's competitors. It seems to me it has lost a lot of ground the last few years but I don't have any hard facts to back up that statement. The reason I am afraid it has lost ground is because I see less job ads looking for PB programmers and also I know of several companies in my locality that have stopped developing with PB. Secondly, how hard is it to take a client-server application developed in PB and convert it to a web application? S...

General ?'s about DBD's and platforms
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C0C1B3.2FD29310 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PSCI_1I am relatively new to Perl, primary experience through Windows NT with limited knowledge of UNIX. I have been instructed to identify a corporate standard version of Perl and upgrade our desktops and servers. For servers we have NT, HP/UX and SunSolaris. We run Oracle 7 & 8, and DB2 UDB. Is it naive of me to think that I can have one standard build of perl for the corporation? I was thinking of having one, with DBD's for all our data...

PowerBuilder DLL's
Hi: Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications. Thank in advance. hi! In visual basic can write : Dim a as new object a.createobject("clase") // Excel use Excel.Application now, you can use your object with yours events... in PB use ConnectToNewObject luck., bye Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote: > Hi: > Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DL...

powerbuilder's orientation
Is it true that Sybase orients powerbuilder only to database appliation? but we wish it could provide more tools and functions used to develop more kinds of applications ,such as TCP/TP,multimedia and so on just like VB or Delphi does ,instead of calling winapi complicatedly. PB's strength has always been development of database-oriented business applications. The fact that native Windows functions are not in the box probably stems from PB's multiplatform origin - it used to run on Mac and two or three flavors of Unix. Encapsulating more of the Windows APIs in non-visual o...

Powerbuilder EBF's
The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase > Support > Downloads > ... There, Powerbuilder Build 8011 is part of Consolodated EBF #2 for EAStudio. Other builds (8030, 8033) seem to be about. Can anyone tell me what build is considered "official". Also, where can I get these more recent builds and are there risks in applying them. Thanks very much. rpa In article <knrTnbl2$GA.204@forums.sybase.com>, rpa@xmission.com says... > > The most recent patch for Powerbuilder Enterprise I can find is at Sybase > ...

PowerBuilder pbcatalog's
For the pbcatalog's, can they be created in a separate Schema or do they have to reside where the main tables are located in the database? Tom Yes, they can exist in a different schema (as long as that schema is in the same physical database). One of the properties of the connection profile is the "PB Catalog Owner". You just specify the account that owns the PB catalog there. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Thomas Rundo> wrote in message news:44ea2268.3117.1681692777@sybase.com... > For the pbcatalog's, can they be created in a separate > Schema ...

Let's see what's up here #2

Let's See What's Up Here #2

Let's see what's up here #2

Web resources about - lost my PowerBuilder unless it's maximized #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles